Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What your look forward for?

To be able to sit cross legged on the floor and not look like a floundering beached whale when I get up.

I look forward to being comfortable in my skin and not trying to hide from everyone. Oh and wearing clothes I choose to wear, not being stuck with what fits. And being an active mom with my boys again!

I look forward to looking in the mirror and not being discussed with what I see, being in family pictures, going out in public and not feeling like everyone is looking at the fat woman. I'm looking forward on feeling like a strong confident woman that everyone thinks I am , but deep inside is a mess.

Oh my gosh, so many things. I could probably write a book.

Out of all the things, I think I most look forward to no longer avoiding activities because I'm self conscious. i.e. Going on vacation, going swimming, going to an amusement park, getting family photos taken, etc.

Hang in there...all your wants can and will come true. I'm living proof of it. I was morbidly obese and had degeneration so bad in my hips that I nearly wound up in a wheelchair. WLS was my only option if I wanted any quality of life again. It was a long and arduous road that included double hip replacement but I made it and you will too.

I am a tiny lady again. Really. Even the waiter at the restaurant I went to last week said it. He was taking care of our large table and doling out hot and sour Soup and describing us as he was doing it. So he called my mom 'pretty lady' and he called my aunts 'blonde lady' and 'smiling lady'. When he handed me my bowl, he said, 'for the tiny lady'. Yes...I am pretty small these days and loving my life.

I can do everything you are all dreaming about and it's as good as you imagine. I stare at myself all the time because I can't believe what I look like now. I take part in everything and love it. I haven't watched a Netflix movie or read more than two books this whole summer. I was too busy going and doing and involved in life. I hope many of you stay on this site so all of us vets and newbies alike can share in your success and be inspiration for others still waiting to have surgery or who are struggling.

Good luck to all of you.

Not hearing, "but your face is beautiful" Being able to buckle the seatbelt on an airplane in 2 seconds without struggling, fitting into a booth at a Diner , living a comfortable n active life with my kids, not hearing my thin friends talk about fat people in front of me not realizing how much it hurts me!

I want to be able to go to New York to see a broadway show an not worry about fitting in the seats. Missed 2 trips to see them with my kids because I wouldn't fit in the seats!

Mainly starting a new healthy lifestyle that I don't feel will be sabotaged by my mirror. Being active. Being comfortable enough to dance like no one's watching and to not give a flip if they are.

Being able to tolerate heat in the summer. Being 100 lbs overweight in 100degree Florida summertime sucks!

Going to Water parks with my kids.

Roller coasters.

Losing the moobs. Won't miss them.....

I am looking forward to being able to shop in the small section of the racks and buying a bathing suite for next summer I have a place down the shore and I wouldn't even put mine on this year.

I'm just curious I just want to know what do everybody look forward for after losing weight

I look forward for being able to sit on one seat on the train and the bus
Being able to shop almost everywhere
And never getting to hear these words again "your pretty for a girl fat girl"

To be able to sit cross legged on the floor and not look like a floundering beached whale when I get up.

I'm adding that to my list too!

Everyone of your goals touches me. I too want bend over and tie my shoes without stopping to breathe. Climbing stairs, better sex, looking on the outside how I feel on the inside, no more reflux, cute clothes, doing activities with my family that my weight doesn't allow right now .... On and on