Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tonight, after dinner, I suddenly had some aching back pain. Now it's spread across my back, about where my kidneys are, and across the front in the same area. Its a very achy pain, like I got kicked in the ribs, and it's making me slightly nauseous. I keep getting chills too. It's almost hard to breathe. Not sure if it's something I should be worried about...I did just start my period today so it could be partly related to that. I tried walking around and it got worse. Any thoughts??

Edited by pookybear

I spoke with the on call surgeon. He said it's probably not my gallbladder because that's usually right side pain and this is across both sides. Said I probably didn't chew dinner enough. I don't think that's what it is because I've experienced that and it feels completely different. But he said if I still have it tomorrow morning to call them again for an ultrasound. For now I took some Tylenol and it's eased up to tolerable. No longer in tears at least, now just achy.

How miserable! Hope you feel better soon!

Not fun!! Hope they figure it out and you feel a lot better.

Maybe a heating pad? I am so sorry you are having pain ....

Ya know, when I had my gallbladder attack I felt it all over. It did not feel like it was isolated to my right side. I felt as if there was a band around me squeezing the life out of me. It was incredibly painful. I could not even walk upright. I honestly thought I might be dying of a heart attack! This happened 5 weeks after the birth of my first child (which was c/s btw and no where near as painful as that gb attack). I had my gb removed asap. Hope you are ok!

Michelle

A bad gallbladder attack can have pain that radiates throughout and around the entire midsection. It can feel like a very strong labor contraction (the difference being it's constant and won't let up like a contraction will). My first and worst attack was like that and lasted 9-10 hours before easing up. I had driven myself to the ER but they couldn't give me medication because I was driving, and they wouldn't let me leave in case I needed emergency surgery. It was a loooong 9-10 hours!!!! . :-p

Ya know, when I had my gallbladder attack I felt it all over. It did not feel like it was isolated to my right side. I felt as if there was a band around me squeezing the life out of me. It was incredibly painful. I could not even walk upright. I honestly thought I might be dying of a heart attack! This happened 5 weeks after the birth of my first child (which was c/s btw and no where near as painful as that gb attack). I had my gb removed asap. Hope you are ok!

Michelle

That is exactly how it felt! The good news is its gone. But if I get it again I am definitely getting checked.

I know what pain from not chewing enough feels like, and this wasn't it.

Edited by pookybear