Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes! Let's keep each other encouraged! Congratulations!!!! E.

AuntieMel....auntjanny here. I am having my surgery 9/22! Leaving right now for pre-op class

How funny...my moms name is Janice and she hates the nickname but people used to call her janny

Hiii my fellow September sleevers! I will be sleeved on September 17. My liquid diet begins on September 3. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. My liquid diet will consist of the following: Water, crystal light, unsweetened tea broth, canned Tomato Soup sugar-free popsicles Protein Shakes (Muscle Milk, InvisaWhey, Slimfast) It's going to be an interesting 2 weeks, but I'm ready! Melanie

Two Melanie's! Woohoo

That is great! I have not received my preop diet yet. I was told I will have a one week preop diet.

That is great! I have not received my preop diet yet. I was told I will have a one week preop diet.

Thank you! I hope you that you get yours soon.... from reading all the pre-op post, I thought that my pre-op diet was going to be all liquids...... thank God it's not!

Mine Sept 5....

leenieceymic1...unjury isn't bad at all ... the chocolate splendor tastes like brownie mix ... the vanilla isn't bad either...I got the strawberry sorbet and now wish I had bought the vanilla ...

Woooooooooohoooooooo I'm approved, got the call this evening!

September 5th.

Mines is scheduled for September 19th. I am super excited. I am getting this damn band out, and I won't have a hunger hormone. I am praying that this is my time and season!

So today I start my two week diet and honestly I am excited but nervous at the same time. I know this is the start to a journey that I will forever be grateful for but nervous that I might mess up. I know that it's all in my head so I am going to do my best to give myself pep talks in order to stay on track. I am so looking forward to September 11. One thing I do know is I have no doubts no regrets about my decision thus far.

Looks like I'm the only September 30 Sleever :( lol I'm a nervous wreck. I have an anxiety disorder so I'm petrified of hospitals and I have never had a surgery at all before! I'm not sure how this is all gonna go down. It's gonna fly by I just know it. I'm 5'6 and weigh currently 307 lbs. my pre op diet starts sept 23rd one week of Protein Shakes, Clear Liquids and a high Protein low carb dinner...Jesus take the wheel!

I am new to this site, and I needed some encouragement. I just got my call from the pre-op nurse with all of my instructions for the morning of my surgery. I am scheduled September 2nd at 7am, and I am freaking out in a good and bad way. :o I am excited about the changes that are coming. I have a friend that did the sleeve almost a year ago and she has had nothing but amazing results. She's lost over 85lbs, and still losing, but now my mom is really scared for me. I understand I'm her child, and any parent should be scared, but she's been asking me to reconsider. She was with me when the doctor talked to me about the surgery and said it's irreversable, and of course he has to go through the good and bad. I've been in the medical field and know that doctors have to give all of the good the bad and the ugly about any procedure.

I think my mom is getting to me, and I'm almost considering cancelling it all together. I think, though, I'm not happy right now, and nothing else has worked.

Anyone have any thoughts about all of this? :unsure:

You can do this! I'm rooting for you :-)

Just stay focused on your goal...I start my liquid diet on Sept. 3.

So today I start my two week diet and honestly I am excited but nervous at the same time. I know this is the start to a journey that I will forever be grateful for but nervous that I might mess up. I know that it's all in my head so I am going to do my best to give myself pep talks in order to stay on track. I am so looking forward to September 11. One thing I do know is I have no doubts no regrets about my decision thus far.

but now my mom is really scared for me. I understand I'm her child, and any parent should be scared, but she's been asking me to reconsider. She was with me when the doctor talked to me about the surgery and said it's irreversable, and of course he has to go through the good and bad. I've been in the medical field and know that doctors have to give all of the good the bad and the ugly about any procedure.

I think my mom is getting to me, and I'm almost considering cancelling it all together. I think, though, I'm not happy right now, and nothing else has worked.

Anyone have any thoughts about all of this? :unsure:

I think everyone has some last-minute jitters in a situation like this. It is a major surgery and there is risk involved. What you need to think long and hard about (and presumably already have, if you already scheduled the surgery) is whether the rewards outweigh the risk. Unless you have other health factors, the risks associated with this procedure are relatively low. The rewards, however, are huge! You will change your life and improve your health. So, think about it some more if you really are unsure, but remember that your current judgement could be clouded by some last-minute anxiety. When you originally made the choice to have this surgery, you were likely in a more rational state of mind.

Good Luck to all Septembers. FYI, if you are using Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacements know that the nectors are not considered a Meal Replacement but more like a drink similar to Crystal light but with fruit flavors. Although they do have Protein content. What they are good for is post surgery for the week that you have to do a clear liquid diet . I just called Bariatric Advantage to confirm this information. I'm going to order them for that week. Might be a nice refreshing taste to the other liquids.< /p>

I'm scheduled for the 8th. The nerves are subsiding, and the excitement is setting in.