Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"I thought you did this yourself." ...?

So, I got the most hated comment (for me anyway) the other day:

Someone congratulated me on my weight loss & asked how I did it. I'm always very open and honest about my surgery, so I told her I had the sleeve....

Her reply: "oh, I thought you did it yourself."

My head said "b*tch!" But my mouth said, "well it was a lot of hard work." -- I didn't look, but I could feel her rolling her eyes, but I beat her with the flames coming out my ears.

People have no clue.

I WORK at this-- the results speak for themselves. I don't have to explain myself to anyone.

We work hard. Pat yourself on the back! This life isn't easy-- it's high maintenance. Not everyone can do what we do. Don't let anyone's opinions bring you down.... Cheers to us!

:)

Misty

post-175202-0-03655900-1408411444_thumb.jpg

Don't let anyone get you down! They always told me I took the easy way out. It wasn't easy thats for sure! You and I both know it took a lot of hard work!

I agree, it isn't the easy way out. I made a post in my blog about this, in a way. So what if it is the easy way out? I use a remote control because it's easier than getting my lazy butt up to change channels. I drive a car because it's easier than walking. I use a washing machine because it's easier than using a wash-board. Almost everything in life is done for convenience and ease. Why not provide myself with every possible weapon I can to fight this battle?

I am not as nice as you and would not have been able to respond nicely. Kudos!

If you didn't do it yourself, who did it for you?

OMG! LOL. LOVE THIS!!!

@@Sleevarilla - I think I would've gone off if I wasn't at work- gotta be somewhat professional. lol

Pay no mind to ignorant remarks like that. You've worked hard to enjoy the success you've had. All the surgery did, was level the playing field!

Folks I haven't seen in a while always ask how I did it. If they seem genuinely interested, I tell them...never know who might be considering surgery as an option and I will share my story in a heartbeat if I think it may help someone.

If however the person asking is the judgmental type, I simply tell them I've been eating less and moving more...it's the truth! ;) :P :lol:

Hater ALERT!!!!!!...ppl think its just surgery they just dont know!!!!!...good for U!!!!...

I really haven't had negative comments, but I had one person say they were sick of dieting and wished they could just have surgery like I did. She was just being a patronizing bitch, so I turned the tables on her and gave her my surgeons name and contact info, told her all about the the preop and postop diet and how lucky I was not to have any of the complications ( which I described in detail) How now I can eat anything I want, as long as it's not bread, Pasta, rice, potatoes, and sweets. Exclaimed how great I feel now that I can't drink beer and don't wake up with hangovers anymore. (She's a big partier). Made suggestions on the best Vitamins and Protein powders to get, talked about drinking at least 2 liters of Water everyday, and how many great bariatric recipe websites there are. Described how nice it is to only have to eat an appetizer at a restaurant, so I was saving so much money. The more I encouraged her, the more excuses she made of why she couldn't do it. I put a positive spin on my whole experience, but I think I made my point about how " easy" this all is.

Edited by Kindle

Some guy on my sister crew asked me how much i had lost and what I've been doing so I told him that I have been hitting the gym and really watching what I eat and I also had the sleeve surgery too. His response was "well if that makes you eat less, why don't you just eat less?"

Gosh why didn't I think of that? Smh!

So, I got the most hated comment (for me anyway) the other day:<br><br>

Someone congratulated me on my weight loss & asked how I did it. I'm always very open and honest about my surgery, so I told her I had the sleeve....<br>

Her reply: "oh, I thought you did it yourself." <br>

My head said "b*tch!" But my mouth said, "well it was a lot of hard work." -- I didn't look, but I could feel her rolling her eyes, but I beat her with the flames coming out my ears. <br><br>

People have no clue. <br><br>

I WORK at this-- the results speak for themselves. I don't have to explain myself to anyone. <br><br>

We work hard. Pat yourself on the back! This life isn't easy-- it's high maintenance. Not everyone can do what we do. Don't let anyone's opinions bring you down.... Cheers to us!<br><br>

:)<br>

Misty<br><br><br><br><br>

EASY?? I had 48 hours of nausea!

Anyone who thinks it's easy just doesn't understand how the surgery works. They think it actually is a magic bullet and all you had to do was go under the knife, then sit back and take a vacation while the pounds flew off. :rolleyes:

Edited by Spring Dixie

Look how beautiful you are! You know how hard you're working! Don't let anyone steal your joy! :)

That is definitely some serious haterade! You look so great! You are so right - this is major hard work. I was just talking about this with my sisters who have been extra supportive. Everyday is hard work. Making sure you are eating right and exercising but it's all worth it :-) I keep asking myself why I waited so long to get this surgery. Anyways you look amazing so keep it up!

Edited by QueenA