Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone want to be fat again?

Feedyoureye is so right! Even when you stop losing weight, your body seems to keep doing its thing and continues changing, tightening and moving.

I have had the turkey neck thing, but that's settled down. My Shar pei bottom isn't quite so wrinkly. I have saggy sock boobs to my knees (tmi???) - but cosmetics will fix that, along with a Tummy Tuck to get rid of the excess skin.

But none of that changes my mind - no regrets re surgery, not a single one. Being fat was like an anchor on my life but nothing holds me back now.

Edited by Indigo1991

Even 25 pound loss has me doing things I couldn't last month.

I could care less about saggy skin. I already have bat wings, so they will get worse, but maybe I will save for plastics some years down the road. I'm sure just being able to do more things will make up for a little extra skin.

I actually walked up a hill at my nephews soccer game the other day and didn't have to stop multiple times. For his birthday at Chuck e cheese, I could actually fit in the booth. I wanted to burst out crying with happiness. It was always so embarrassing to me to not be able to sit at a booth. One time at Black Angus the waitress asked me if I wanted a chair without arms and I was already sitting down just fine...I told her I was fine, I had plenty of room on each side of me, I'm Apple shaped, so fitting into a chair with arms isn't as much of a problem. She actually brought another chair over and kept trying to make me sit in it. I should have got up and left. I know she was trying to make me comfortable, but when a fat girl says she is fine...leave her alone lol

I don't know how I missed this thread, but that was a question I NEVER would have contemplated. I would never ever in a million years choose to be fat again. It's my biggest nightmare. The symptoms the OP stated later in the thread have nothing to do with going back to being fat, and being fat wouldn't fix them. Even though weight loss had induced them, they are temporary, unlike the physical health problems associated with being fat, which are progressive.

I started this for health, but once I achieved that, it quickly became about looks for me. I'll admit it. I never dreamed I could look so good, lol! I agree with the others, skin does take a while to firm back up. I'm 52, and mine was never going to firm up all the way. I've had some plastics, and will likely have more, but even without it, I looked way better than I did at 300+ pounds. I looked at it like this - at my highest weight, I could never expose my arms or legs anyway, so I didn't feel bad that I couldn't expose the loose skin I was left with after losing the weight. I was already an expert at dressing to hide that, and there are a lot more options to do that in regular size clothing.

I hated everyday of being fat, and all the miserable things associated with it. I didn't realize that until I became thin. A resounding no from me - I never want to be fat again.

You can google it. It also is going public on an episode of shark tank...

I did not know of it til I heard it on here...

Basic : a plastic device that acts like a stool for your feet while you are doing your business on the toilet...so your knees are elevated ... It claimed 2/3 of the world squats when eliminating??

Anyone use one?

Have no idea on effectiveness

Good luck!

When I went to the first seminar that started this whole process, the VERY FIRST thing the doctor said when he started speaking:

"Everyone who is here to look good in a bikini should leave now. You are in the wrong place!"

I'm not sure why that has stuck with me, since I've never been into bikinis, (on myself at least!) But it has helped me remember that this is about being healthier first and foremost. Everything else is secondary.