Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Hamiltonians

Hi anewme2015, how is your progress so far? My surgery is scheduled for Jan 21st. Getting kind of nervous but also excited to finally start this journey.

Hey! Congrats on having a date! My process has been slow but apparently normal. I was referred early August and my orientation is December 22 at St. Joseph's even though I called weekly I couldn't get into an earlier orientation, which is a little frustrating but what can you do! I'm counting down the days now. I'm ridiculously eager! Lol hoping to move the other appointments along once I get them at the orientation.

Keep me posted on how things go. It seems many Canadians are having surgery in January!

Hey! I'm not in Hamilton but Brampton. I did the Roux En Y in November, exactly one month today. Good luck with your surgery, who is your surgeon? I had Dr. Jamie Cyriac.

Hey! I'm not in Hamilton but Brampton. I did the Roux En Y in November, exactly one month today. Good luck with your surgery, who is your surgeon? I had Dr. Jamie Cyriac.

I think I have Dr Cyriac as well. It was supposed to be Dr Aarts but somehow got switched. How has you experience been so far?

How are you feeling? Any first month tips?

How are you feeling? Any first month tips?

I'm experiencing nausea today so today has been rough, but so far pushing through. I have mostly great days but a couple bad days. Chew Chew Chew very slowly and thoroughly otherwise your food will start forcing its way back up. Walk as much as you can, gas-x strips for the bloating, gravol for nausea. Drink as much fluids. And take it one day at a time with introducing the new foods. I had light chicken Soup yesterday and my stomach rejected it. So I'm staying away from that for a while. Lol.

Another thing I've had to do is sleep sitting up because the 1st two weeks I had severe acid reflux. I stack a fort of pillows up to my head and have adjusted for now. You will do great, I was terrified going into surgery and before I knew it I woke up.

I think I have Dr Cyriac as well. It was supposed to be Dr Aarts but somehow got switched. How has you experience been so far?

Hey there! Same here, I was told Dr. Aarts then day of surgery I got Dr. Cyriac. I have great days mostly but the last two days have been challenging with my stomach rejecting foods and nausea. However with that said I have no regrets. How about you?

Hey there! Same here, I was told Dr. Aarts then day of surgery I got Dr. Cyriac. I have great days mostly but the last two days have been challenging with my stomach rejecting foods and nausea. However with that said I have no regrets. How about you?

I'm getting nervous and a bit scared but will go through with it (I hope)....

I'm getting nervous and a bit scared but will go through with it (I hope)....

I know the fear you feel as I was experiencing the same. Even when I was sitting there getting undressed on the day of surgery, I wanted to run out the room...literally. But I told myself that I was making the right decision, it would change my life drastically and I was reassured by the nurse that I was in great hands. I also embraced my fears and discussed it openly with my family and friends. That helped me too.

Thanks @bigbattynatty. I'm sure everyone probably has the same fears. I'm choosing to ignore them and hope for the best????. How did you do on Optifast? I'm dreading that part????

Yes pretty much everyone that I connected with said the same. Optifast first few days were the hardest for me. After that it got a bit easier. And despite cheating a couple times I was still able to lose 18lbs in 6 weeks. I still have a couple of packages left and I must say it reminded me of baby formula. Definitely an acquired taste. Just remind yourself that it will be all worth it in the end.

I'm experiencing nausea today so today has been rough, but so far pushing through. I have mostly great days but a couple bad days. Chew Chew Chew very slowly and thoroughly otherwise your food will start forcing its way back up. Walk as much as you can, gas-x strips for the bloating, gravol for nausea. Drink as much fluids. And take it one day at a time with introducing the new foods. I had light chicken Soup yesterday and my stomach rejected it. So I'm staying away from that for a while. Lol.

Another thing I've had to do is sleep sitting up because the 1st two weeks I had severe acid reflux. I stack a fort of pillows up to my head and have adjusted for now. You will do great, I was terrified going into surgery and before I knew it I woke up.

Thanks for the tips! Hopefully you'll be sleeping flat soon! And it seems eating too quickly is a common mistake. I'm trying to be aware of chewing my food now. Apparently I sorta 'inhale' food. :) must slow down! Anyway, congrats and I hope your nausea assuages soon.

Thanks for the tips! Hopefully you'll be sleeping flat soon! And it seems eating too quickly is a common mistake. I'm trying to be aware of chewing my food now. Apparently I sorta 'inhale' food. :) must slow down! Anyway, congrats and I hope your nausea assuages soon.

No problem! Thank you, I hope so too. That was one of my worst habits, inhaling food. It's great that you're practicing now will make your transition so much easier.

Hi Everyone! I'm from Scarborough! Going for surgery on Jan 5....really excited! Optifast sucks but got to do it! Would be happy to chat with anyone that has done surgery or going for surgery! Thanks

Welcome! You must be thrilled to be so close to surgery. Out of curiosity when you did you start the journey? What was the timeline from orientation to surgery! I'm pre-op in the process- still doing tests and eagerly awaiting a surgery date. :)

Welcome! You must be thrilled to be so close to surgery. Out of curiosity when you did you start the journey? What was the timeline from orientation to surgery! I'm pre-op in the process- still doing tests and eagerly awaiting a surgery date. :)