Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got the call from the hospital this afternoon for my arrival time of 0745 tomorrow 8/19 for my sleeve, was so excited and nervous at the same time that I literally burst into tears after hanging up the phone!!! One step closer to a healthier life for my family and myself!!!!

Congratulations that's awesome. Praying that you have a speedy recovery

CONGRATS!! You will do great! Take time to heal after...you are on your way!!

Congrats! You will do awesome!

Congrats !!! The first day of your new life started today .... Let us now how things went. Speedy recovery :) !!!!

How are you feeling? Praying for a speedy recovery :)

So surgery went well on the 19th ended up with a hernia repair also. Pretty sore and nauseous for first 36 hours but went home after 2 nights in hospital, easier to rest!!! So at a week out right now, still sore but walking as much as I can, gas pains are pretty much gone, still taking pain meds at night, that's when pain seems worst. Trying best to get I ball Water and Protein and getting closer each day to goal. Not really hungry at all so set my alarm for meal times. I'm down over 10lbs from my morning of surgery weight so excited about that. 1st follow up appointment on the 3rd then onto puréed diet!!!

Great to hear that things progress well and it sounds like you have it all under control. I was so waiting to hear how you were doing.

12 days post op and doing pretty good. Energy levels are starting to rebound a little bit, I actually put the dishes away from dishwasher, lol. I do however feel that all I think about now is eating, no that I want to eat but about getting enough Protein, all my fluids, time to eat (which I have to remind myself to do frequently), but now that I have added creamed strained Soups into mix to spice up the variety it is going a little better. I'm trying to stay off scale daily as I have a tendency to be a scale slave but it looks like I have lost between 15-20lbs so far. More than I was expecting this quick, but I'll take it. I do have some belly numbness now that all the swelling is going down, gas is gone and using bathroom normally but not sure what that is, especially around belly button. See my surgeon on Wednesday the 3rd for my 2 week visit and then onto puréed foods, is it horrible that I am looking forward to refried Beans lol!!!

So I am 3 days post op and have a lot of burping ... Is that normal?

Alyce check your other threads. It is very normal and will continue for quite some time.

Well had my first pre-op appointment with surgeon yesterday and went great, incisions are healing well, left sided pain has resolved, I get to move onto a puréed diet now for a week then soft for a week. I have lost 24lbs since surgery so I was in total shock when they told me that!! Was expecting 20 or less. I am afraid of losing too fast, sounds weird, I know, but would like to be able to try and minimize hanging skin as much as I can, I'm a firm beaver in I didn't put it all on in 1 day and slow and steady wins the race but I have to admit it was pretty awesome to know it is working. See the surgeon again in 2 weeks and if he clears me then I'm onto a regular diet, I don't really have an appetite now, really only think about food to make sure it contains enough Protein, but I did find myself with one weird craving the other day, my son got a pickle out to eat and I immediately started craving a drink of Pickle Juice, I mean I did drink it before surgery, but it was weird that it was the only thing that actually sparked an interest to me. I am a self proclaimed salt junkie and used to eat in on everything from regular food items that you would salt to vent my watermelon and Granny Smith apples lol, guess that the pickle juice was filling that void as I have not added salt to any of my cream Soups since surgery.