Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ISO Low BMI Sleeve Mentor

Alexa can you message me.

I haven't lost anything since November 4th. I've been hovering within a pound and a half.

Again unless I step up and exercise then it's all me just being lazy.

I want to do better but I'm just so busy with work and kids and tired.

Ugh. Anyway tomorrow is going to be fun with small bites throughout the day of anything I like. Hopefully my sleeve will agree with my choices.

Then I'll exercise Friday !! We will see.

I hope everyone out there with the lower BMI is doing well. If you have anything to share about progress or the holidays please post.

I have my six month checkup in December. So I'll report on progress bloodwork etc once I go.

My hair is still shedding pretty bad. Oh well.

Wishing everyone a happy holiday.

Wow I am so glad I found this forum. When I went to my consultation I was the smallest person there Weighting at 220lbs, I am not sure of my bmi. I am 45+ and I stand 5ft 6in. I have co-morbilities which allowed my ins to cover the procedure. My date for surgery will be on Dec 16 and I'll start my pre-op diet on the 2nd. I have always yo-yo'ed with my weight the highest weight at 275lbs. My decision to get the surgery was to become med free. Through the process of getting cleared I have found out I have sleep apnea, I have a hiatal hernia, and a small growth in my upper intestine( a lil worried), but this hasn't pushed my date back. When I share that I'm getting the surgery they ask "why", or say" I'm not trying hard enough" if I could do it alone I wouldn't need the surgery. These forums are a Very helpful and informative and allows me to know I made the right decision. Thx y'all. Any sleeves that need a surgery buddy I'm open. ????

This is a great way to usher in 2015!

It is so nice to see others in the same boat as I am... VSG in 46 days and I am so ready for the help. "Not that fat" has left me CHT and diabetic... I am ready to not need medication and not have to prick my finger a million times a day!

Hi everyone, I know this forum is pretty dormant, but I'm low BMI (32) and <1 month pre-op! I'd love to hear how you are all doing (hopefully with maintenance!). My biggest fear is not being able to keep the weight off long-term, since re-gaining any weight i lose has been my primary issue over the last decade.

I also am new to this forum and waiting to find out if insurance will cover my surgery. My BMI was 36 at my first appointment and am in that "grey area" of coverage. My tentative surgery is scheduled for 12/15/15. I know many of you have self paid but that is not an option for me, as my husband was recently medically retired and looking for another job.

I am curious how everyone is doing, as well. It looks like most lose an average of 10 pounds a month, or is it less when you have a lower BMI?

For those of you who didn't share your surgery to non-family members, how did you explain your time away from work and your weight loss to co-workers and friends? Are you glad you kept it private?

Hey everyone. Update. I'm 16 months post op and doing fantastic.

I reached goal at 9 months of 138 and I'm at 125 now and have been for A couple months. I think this is my stopping point but I guess my body will tell me.

Still not much exercise and great restriction.

Hey everyone. Update. I'm 16 months post op and doing fantastic.

Awesomely timed update, thank you!! At three days post op all talks of success are greatly appreciated :)

So glad to see others with a low BMI. I have fought my weight most of my life and finally threw in the towel on Monday of this week and called and got scheduled for the sleeve on 11/9. The people I have told can't believe that I would do something so drastic. Having to wear a CPAP and watching my blood pressure get higher and higher is enough for me. I'm miserable and have been for years. So tired of the yo-yo diets and then "failing" at every single diet. There is a healthy person in me, somewhere. Thanks for sharing your journeys! I feel much better now!

I too started with a low BMI of 37. I was sleeved on 10/8/15 in Dallas. I still have concerns of not being able to keep the weight off. I'm currently down 27 lbs. Still on Protein Shakes twice a day and soft foods when I can squeeze them in. Glad to here I am not alone.

@@Runner1 27 pounds is awesome in just over 3 weeks! I am finding that low BMI patients have issues that others don't. I thank God that they will do surgery at +35 BMI. I can't handle getting any heavier. I personally know 2 low BMIers that were sleeved a few years ago and are doing great. What scares me is that I keep hearing don't eat that and exercise. Well heck, if I could do that I wouldn't be here!! You are definitely not alone.

I am a low BMI-er as well. I'm going to find if I have a hiatal hernia soon, if I do, then I plan to go that route. If I can I may be able to do it for the same price roughly as if I was to go to MX with my insurance copay. I'm stoked.

I'm nervous to see if I have the hernia (though it would explain somethings). Hoping to fly in to Texas and be sleeved early next year. *cross your fingers for me*

I wish I would have found out about the clinic in Dallas sooner. Probably would have saved me a bunch of cash!! Good luck with your journey!

I wish I would have found out about the clinic in Dallas sooner. Probably would have saved me a bunch of cash!! Good luck with your journey!

I've been reading everything I can get my hands on. I was lucky to come acorss this forum and see someone mention it :)