Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my RNY on Wednesday 8-13-2014 and was released yesterday only with the promise of walking and sipping constantly. I had a rough few days while inpatient because I never weaned myself off of caffeine prior to my surgery. I had WICKED headaches and dizziness the whole stay. I also had more pain then anticipated but I was assured that was from my gallbladder removal that they did during my surgery. I was on oxygen and breathing treatments the whole time as well because my o2 stats were consistently low ... in the low 80's. However by day 3, I knew I recoup better at home so I begged and my surgeon reluctantly agreed to release me as long as I was good lol. Since I have been home, my tolerance for plain Water ... even the Smart Water ... has declined. I was never a water drinker before the surgery but I did ok with it in the hospital but once home, not happening. My hubby and some family friends who are RN's helped me concoct a beverage that was as close to plain water as my tummy would handle. I basically purchased a bunch of Tazo teas that were caffeine free or as close to it as possible. I add 6 oz of boiling Smart Water to two bags of tea (my current fav is the Twinnings black tea which is naturally decaffeinated) and a splash of sugar free raspberry Torani's Syrup. Once it steeps and cools, I add to a larger insulated cup and add crushed ice and fill the rest of the way with Smart Water. To me it is utter bliss. I have flavor and I can drink it no problem. I know it's not just plain ole water but I had to error on the side of not dehydrating myself and plain water was coming back up unpleasantly. I am down to pain meds at night only and even went out for "coffee" with some coworkers today (I had sugar free peach green tea). I am getting around well and the nausea/dizziness fog has lifted. I have yet to suffer any real hunger ... just a twinge of craving for a salty something that is not just broth lol. I return for follow up class next Tuesday so in that I am very lucky. Only one week (6 days really) of clear liquid diet before I will start the next level and I am so ready! I did have a moment or two of "buyers remorse" in the hospital but here 3 days out, I am so glad I did this for myself. I am ready to begin the next leg in my amazingly blessed journey!

Hang in there !! It'll all be worth it in the end :-)

So happy for you!!! You are sticking to the advice of your doctor ... and YES, I know how the cravings can be. I had them myself. I also noticed that my taste buds changed as well. Things I use to like before, I don't like now. Sweet candy, I tried it but don't like it anymore. I'm over 1 year of having my full gastric bypass. So I experiment with things now and then. I don't like my Splenda in my coffee any more... I have cheated. I now have to start over with using the Splenda in everything. I have tasted some birthday cake (it was a birthday celebration and a very small piece) I took my 1st bite and almost had to vomit. I don't like them anymore. I was kinda happy about that. It let me know I don't like sweets any more. There are other things I don't like any more also that I need to eat like chicken, but that's only how it is cooked. I don't crave much of anything anymore. Except my coffee in the morning. I have cheated with drinking sweet ice tea when I go out to eat dinner and sipping on it with my meal, but I end up taking most of my mean home with me for later. I hope you have a wonder time losing the weight...my bypass was June 2013 and at this time now, I have lost 105 lbs. It's amazing. I don't even look like the same person. Now I'm checking if my insurance will cover the left over hanging skin I could not get toned back up. You can only tone up so much. This my only worry.