Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still seeing a fat girl?

Anybody else look in the mirror and still see a very overweight person? I've lost 110 pounds, am at a healthy weight, my friends, family, and the doctor says I've done great, but I look in the mirror and see someone overweight. All I can think is that I need to keep losing but I can't seem to lose any more now. Has anybody else felt this way about their body image?

post-180820-0-73917000-1408244753_thumb.jpg

post-180820-0-09915200-1408244780_thumb.jpg

post-180820-0-53355600-1408244865_thumb.jpg

post-180820-0-87080200-1408244882_thumb.jpg

post-180820-0-43685000-1408244958_thumb.jpg

I have not had surgery yet but I wanted to tell you how awesome you have done. You look perfectly beautiful :)

Summer

I haven't had my surgery yet but I have friends who have had the sleeve and let me tell you honey you look FABULOUS! !!!.I honestly think it's a mental thing because they say the same thing..but keep up the hard work you are doing great

Y'all are so sweet! Thank you! I'm just having a really hard time seeing what others see I guess.

You look freakin' amazing! Honestly, if I saw you on the street, I would never guess you've been anything other than a skinny minnie your whole life haha

Anybody else look in the mirror and still see a very overweight person? I've lost 110 pounds, am at a healthy weight, my friends, family, and the doctor says I've done great, but I look in the mirror and see someone overweight. All I can think is that I need to keep losing but I can't seem to lose any more now. Has anybody else felt this way about their body image?

Yes. I feel like a fraud. I feel like a fat woman in a thinner body. I look at pictures because I don't see the way I look to everyone else. I'm 25 lbs. below my goal and while I'm not too thin, I keep thinking I need to lose more because I'm not thin enough. I see a therapist to help me with my body image issues. Most of us have problems seeing ourselves whether we're overweight or not. I only saw a fat woman when I saw pictures of myself. I didn't see the fat woman in the mirror, and I don't see the thin woman in the mirror either.

You are not alone...believe me. And it has nothing to do with age either. You're a young woman and I'm a 56 year old grandmother. Here's my before and after picture. I don't recognize either of these women and they are both me.

post-142630-0-73153400-1408248746_thumb.jpg

You all look great and I can relate everyone is calling me skinny lady and I don't see what they see but after looking at a before picture and now I see my face is getting smaller and my legs, I am only almost 3 months post opt and just started a gym membership, I'm focusing in one day at a time , and I'm hoping to hit my goal by my 1 year anniversary .

I think you look great !! Congrats !! Im purely guessing, but you may see your self as needing to lose more weight when you might just need toning to tighten up certain areas. That doesnt necessary mean a loss of lbs on the scale, but would change your bodys muscles etc. Yoga, pilates weights ? Either way, you look beautiful !!!

To the OP ...

Honey (I'm 68 years old), you are NOT overweight. You're SLIM! You are also knock-dead gorgeous.

If your self-perception doesn't change soon, you might want to work with a psychologist who's skilled in working with patients who have body dysmorphia challenges.

Are there people in your life (friends, family, significant others) who are giving you feedback that you're still overweight or not slim enough or in any way don't look just great?

If so, you want to seriously consider about how much weight their opinions carry with you.

Very, very, very best to you. You have accomplished a wonderful thing.

Edited by VSGAnn2014

You look absolutely amazing!!!!! I would suggest seeing a psychologist to help deal with your body image issues. I am seeing my therapist too because I've always seen myself as overweight no matter how much I weighed.

You look amazing! It's okay that you're still struggling with your self-image. Just give your brain a little time to catch up with your rockin' new bod. :D

I have horrible body image issues. I still see the 325 pound person. Now I am depressed and a jerk to everyone. I can see my weight loss in pictures but it just doesn't make me as happy as it does everyone else.

I think you look amazing and hope to have the success you have had. Best of luck to you!!

I have horrible body image issues. I still see the 325 pound person. Now I am depressed and a jerk to everyone. I can see my weight loss in pictures but it just doesn't make me as happy as it does everyone else.

Think seriously about seeing a professional. I do and I know she is helping me to not sabotage myself. There are alot of psychological issues behind body image dysfunction and I am starting to explore it with the therapist. I dropped alot of weight once before and put it back on along with another 40 more and I just can't allow myself to get off track again.

If I were depressed and a jerk to everyone, I hope someone -- a friend, stranger, whoever -- would suggest I did something about that.

Chances are being depressed and acting like a jerk isn't a permanent condition you have to live with forever.

:)