Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

Been trolling this site for about a month, but was a little shy about posting. I began the process July 21st at Kaiser South San Francisco. Was just assigned my surgery date of 9/4/14. I've lost about 30 pounds on my own and am looking forward to using the sleeve as a tool to help me keep weight off for the first time in my life. Never had surgery before and pretty nervous about it. I would greatly appreciate anyone's experience with my below concerns.

1. Protein Drinks- I am picky with nutritional shakes. I finally got used to Body By Vi, but that won't' work for the surgery requirements.

2. Avoiding really saggy/flappy skin- I know there will be some, but any advice would help.

3. Scared this too will not work

Hi everyone,

Been trolling this site for about a month, but was a little shy about posting. I began the process July 21st at Kaiser South San Francisco. Was just assigned my surgery date of 9/4/14. I've lost about 30 pounds on my own and am looking forward to using the sleeve as a tool to help me keep weight off for the first time in my life. Never had surgery before and pretty nervous about it. I would greatly appreciate anyone's experience with my below concerns.

1. Protein Drinks- I am picky with nutritional shakes. I finally got used to Body By Vi, but that won't' work for the surgery requirements.

2. Avoiding really saggy/flappy skin- I know there will be some, but any advice would help.

EXCITING!!! Congrats on the weight loss so far! You've done great.

1. I rarely drink Protein Shakes and haven't since I was 6 weeks out. I drank them for a month pre op, too. I loved the EAS carb advantage in rich dark chocolate and I like (not love) the Premier Protein from costco. I use a little SF banana/almond/coffee/cherry coffee Syrup in my chocolate drinks. In my occasional vanilla, I will add SF cherry or coconut.

2. I have saggy skin. No way around it. I look at it with the thoughts that I may look kind of weird naked but I look great in my size 6/8 clothes. Before, I looked gross naked and clothed. WIN.

3. If you do the work, it will work. Period. Erase the self doubt. This is like nothing you've ever done for yourself. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Welcome. Losing 30 lbs. on your own is quite an achievement!

For Protein shakes, look at the labels... Protein isolate is the most absorbable. There are three brands I know of that are 100% protein isolate: powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, Syntrax nectar and Isopure.

Based on the testimony of so many on this site, I believe the gastric sleeve is very effective-- much more so than dieting.

Best wishes for success!

Hi, understand exactly what you are feeling, I am scheduled for 10/8. I purchased the chocolate spendor from Unjury and have been using it preop to help lose some weight.I used some frozen fruit and skim milk and it is very tasty in my Ninga. I am impressed with your weight loss. Have the same questions you have, so I will follow this, Newsuz

Hi everyone,

EXCITING!!! Congrats on the weight loss so far! You've done great.

1. I rarely drink Protein Shakes and haven't since I was 6 weeks out. I drank them for a month pre op, too. I loved the EAS carb advantage in rich dark chocolate and I like (not love) the Premier Protein from costco. I use a little SF banana/almond/coffee/cherry coffee Syrup in my chocolate drinks. In my occasional vanilla, I will add SF cherry or coconut.

2. I have saggy skin. No way around it. I look at it with the thoughts that I may look kind of weird naked but I look great in my size 6/8 clothes. Before, I looked gross naked and clothed. WIN.

3. If you do the work, it will work. Period. Erase the self doubt. This is like nothing you've ever done for yourself. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Thanks!

<p>Welcome. Losing 30 lbs. on your own is quite an achievement!</p> <p> </p> <p>For Protein Shakes, look at the labels... Protein isolate is the most absorbable. There are three brands I know of that are 100% protein isolate: Unjury, Syntrax Nectar and Isopure. </p> <p> </p> <p>Based on the testimony of so many on this site, I believe the gastric sleeve is very effective-- much more so than dieting. </p> <p> </p> <p>Best wishes for success!</p>

Thank you!

<p>Hi, understand exactly what you are feeling, I am scheduled for 10/8. I purchased the chocolate spendor from Unjury and have been using it preop to help lose some weight.I used some frozen fruit and skim milk and it is very tasty in my Ninga. I am impressed with your weight loss. Have the same questions you have, so I will follow this, Newsuz</p>

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

I had my surgery in south San fransisco at Kaiser on June 19th.who's your doctor?

I had my surgery in south San fransisco at Kaiser on June 19th.who's your doctor?

Dr Robert Li

Edited by konalisa80

I so get you

All these things run through my head 24/7, I am worried about it consuming me.. Like you I worry if I am going to fail.

You are certainly on the right path to getting your goal, I take my hat off to you.

I start my pre op diet next Wednesday and my operation is September 18th.

As for Protein I have no idea, I search this site and read people comments all the time.

Good luck

Sounds like your questions are getting answered. good luck to you. my date is Sept. 10. saggy skin? heard some people recover well. depends on age and genetics. working out also helps to replace the area with muscle. I figure I'd rather have loose skin than be morbidly obese. hope you find some Protein that you like.