Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Falling back into old habits...support needed

I was banded a year ago and have done well, I am down to 152.6. The problem is that I am getting into the ice cream cycle again. I not too tight but my brain really likes it. I am trying to log my food again but am having a hard time exercising. I did well when I logged on here regularly and participated, so I'm back. Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be appreciated.

Of course your brain likes the ice cream!! Fat plus sugar is the deadly combination!! I too love it, but I'm trying to cheat the cheat. I bought a Nutra Ninja bullet blender and now add ice to my shakes. Bariatric Advantage chocolate, skim milk, and ice. It comes out like a Wendy's frosty!

My only advice: stay here til you get back on track, then stay longer!! :)

I love Wendy's frosties! I will try it thanks!

One day, one meal at a time. Today make your next choice a positive and healthy one. Remind yourself why. Stay connected here and know we all have our struggles, but we can get back up on the horse at this very moment.

And congrats on your success! I hope to be at that weight by my next birthday. I can do it too. I need to remember that daily.

Edited by JustWatchMe

daily efforts become daily successes

Today is a good day to start fresh. Don't worry about what you did yesterday. Just make good choices today. We all can use the help and support. Good luck to you!

Hi healthydnp

I imagine it took some courage to actually write that post if you were feeling defeated. That in itself is a step forward. I had a hard time motivating myself to workout when I was in a bad place in my head too, but if you consciously block the thoughts and start moving (for some bizarre reason Ive suddenly discovered that verbally telling my negative thoughts to shut up while i get on the elliptical machine actually works!), I think youll find that the exercize will help you reevaluate your diet.. Good luck!

That is the exact reason why I'm back on here after a year or more. I yoyo now between 182 to 189. I eat most of the time making good choices, but lately, I find that chocolate and candy are in my hands more than ever. Work was very hectic and didn't allow me to exercise like I was. I was working 6-7 days a week, 12 hours days. Now that work is "normal" again I need to get back to basics. I need help though. I will make a commitment to check this site and reconnect every day. I'd love to be a buddy to you, if you'd like. We could support each other.

That is the exact reason why I'm back on here after a year or more. I yoyo now between 182 to 189. I eat most of the time making good choices, but lately, I find that chocolate and candy are in my hands more than ever. Work was very hectic and didn't allow me to exercise like I was. I was working 6-7 days a week, 12 hours days. Now that work is "normal" again I need to get back to basics. I need help though. I will make a commitment to check this site and reconnect every day. I'd love to be a buddy to you, if you'd like. We could support each other.

I would really like to have a buddy. I will check every day as well and let's get back into gear!

Oh you said it well! Back in the saddle again. Using skim milk, frozen peach pieces , a splash of vanilla and a T of sugar in a smoothy makes my heart sing! Magic Bullet take me away! I have never felt bad when I leave the gym.... just know that when you are putting off going! Make that smoothy when you get home and enjoy it! The new healthy you is wonderful! Keep going!