Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How life changed 1 year out

Had my surgery on July 8 2013. My HW was 255. I was 35 and 5'2. I wasn't always over weight but something changed my freshman year of college and I went from 128 to 150. I figured that's normal. I moved from FL to NY and before I knew it I was 255. I had PCOS and was insulin resistant. But mostly, I hated myself. I felt like I had accomplished so much in my 13 years of living in NYC and the one thing that was completely on me...I couldn't do for myself. I work in fashion so I never really felt "part" of things because I couldn't wear anything that everyone else wore and I felt like I just didn't fit in. I felt like I was watching life. I was suffering from depression and I don't know if that caused the weight or vice versa.

I knew the sleeve was my only hope. Even though I want to pass out at a blood test. EVERYTHING is different now. I'm actively taking part in my own life. I look in the mirror and I'm finally happy with what i see. I think I'm pretty LOL. I LOOOVE shopping. I am shocked to be a size 8 / 10.

If you are considering this surgery, don't be held back from fear. The beginning road is tough but in the end, isn't everything that's good worth the fight? Life is better when you love yourself and have the ability to run away (physically) from a natural disaster (should that ever come up). This new life is worth it. You are worth it.

post-174871-0-04790100-1408100384_thumb.jpg

post-174871-0-84472700-1408100391_thumb.jpg

What a beautiful transformation! You have definitely been very busy this past year working your sleeve & the results are shining through! You look like 2 completely different people both of whom are beautiful but your after pic just has an added sparkle in the eye & your smile adds an extra glow to your already beautiful face! May you continue to be so blessed along your journey & through out your future!!!

What a beautiful transformation! You have definitely been very busy this past year working your sleeve & the results are shining through! You look like 2 completely different people both of whom are beautiful but your after pic just has an added sparkle in the eye & your smile adds an extra glow to your already beautiful face! May you continue to be so blessed along your journey & through out your future!!!

Thank you!!!

You look great! Think of all the years you've added to your life!

Wonderful post, and amazing transformation.

You are your own fairy godmother! :)

Thank you for sharing this, I am scheduled for a sleeve on 10/8 and fall asleep each night thinking about being able to shop in regular sized clothing. I am 5 feet and started at 206. I am on the pre-op diet now and walking each day, so as I count the days, I want to be as ready as I can be for the surgery. Newsuz

Thank you for sharing this, I am scheduled for a sleeve on 10/8 and fall asleep each night thinking about being able to shop in regular sized clothing. I am 5 feet and started at 206. I am on the pre-op diet now and walking each day, so as I count the days, I want to be as ready as I can be for the surgery. Newsuz

I'm so excited for you. Your new life is right in front of you. My only advice is try your hardest but don't beat yourself up if you aren't perfect. And don't think that anyone is. If they say that...they are liars

Guess what--you ARE pretty! You've done a terrific job and I am happy for your joy in the new you.

Missyjoy you look like a totally different person. You seem so much happier as evidenced by those brighter eyes and beautiful smile! I wish you continued success in your journey. You can't even see your "battle" scars, lol. Rock on!

So happy for you! You look wonderful!

Transformation is awesome! You are an inspiration to many. Thx for sharing.

You look great what a big difference congrats!

Life is better when you love yourself and have the ability to run away (physically) from a natural disaster (should that ever come up). This new life is worth it. You are worth it.

So true. We are ready for the zombie apocalypse now! Congratulations!