Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weak & wobbly with the shakes first thing in the morning!

Does anyone else have this problem? When I wake up, I feel weak and sometimes have the shakes. It wears off after awhile, but it is really annoying. I have been getting all my Protein in and hydrating just fine, but this still happens. I was wondering if it's because I am going 6-8 hours not drinking anything because I am asleep. My RNY was July 22nd.

Interesting, I have not had this happen yet.

It happens to me too. I'm on day 10 of liquid pre-op diet. Not sure what it is but hopes it goes away...

Are y'all diabetic, how are your sugar levels? Just a thought.

I'm thinking the same thing - low blood sugar (even if you are not diabetic). But don't try to raise your blood sugar with sugar... there are alternatives...ask your nutritionist or doctor.

I'm thinking the same thing - low blood sugar (even if you are not diabetic). But don't try to raise your blood sugar with sugar... there are alternatives...ask your nutritionist or doctor.

5 comorbidities - this is my reason!

I had these same symptoms, not in the morning, but during the day. Happened a couple of times while I was walking and I felt like I was going to pass out. Long story short, after a visit to my primary care doctor, it was determined to be a combination of low blood pressure and low blood sugar. Honestly, I think my doctor didn't know which it was. She took me off of the blood pressure medication I was taking and prescribed something different, and she told me to try sips of orange juice - Tropicana 50 I think it's called. After a few weeks it stopped happening. I'm sorry you're experiencing this because I know it isn't a good feeling.

I've never had the shakes part, but I know if I stand up too fast from laying down (or even reclining too far in a chair) I get dizzy have trouble balancing and everything goes dark for what feels like an eternity (though I'm sure it is closer to 30-60 seconds)

I'm just under 6 months out and this still happens on those occasions I have to get up quick and forget.

What I've been told is that it is related to having so much extra blood still being pumped through my body that the blood pressure just can't keep up.

I try to be very cautious about slowly moving to a seated position before standing all the way up.

Not sure if this has any relevance at all, but figured I'd share just in case.

I have had what you described before. It is not pleasant. Lately, since I have returned to work and have to actually sleep at night, I have been waking up with a headache, which usually goes away when I start moving around and drinking.

Well, I guess it was just a phase. I don't really experience this too much anymore. But I did find out that I am anemic AGAIN! Back to the IV infusions for Iron, what a pain!

Low blood sugar levels . I have same problem @ 14 months post op, c as lol ur dr.

I also keep trop 50 on hand it works fast

Since I had my surgery 5wks ago I been having verdigo and my heart beats fast for no reason and after I eat. Has anyone else had this problem. It also hurts when I drink Water or anything liquid.< /p>