Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

carbs and sweating

I usually carb up with steel oats and some Fiber one a couple hours before working out. A strange thing happens though. I start to sweat, a lot, for about 2-3 min. It is like I had been running for 10 minutes after starting from cold. Maybe it is a Vegas nerve thing. I notice some ringing in the ears is a bit more pronounced than usual (I have a constant tinnitus) Anyone else experience this? Not really a problem, but strange to see how worked up my body gets over the carbs. Maybe it is converting them into energy really fast. Ha!

Edited by Fiddleman

It might be a glucose related issue? You could ask your doc.

Have you checked your sugar levels??

What about sugar levels? Curious because I have never had any issue with sugar levels. This usually only happens after heavy carbs(good carbs, mind you).

Edited by Fiddleman

Hypoglycemia.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/low_blood_sugar_hypoglycemia/page3_em.htm#hypoglycemia_symptoms

Fairly simple lab test to show if it is a problem.

Fiddleman,

I love how you spelled Vagus nerve---Vegas. Since Los Vegas, (Lost Wages)--is over consumption of food at buffets and gambling. ;)

Isn't the Vagus nerve involved somehow with metabolizing food, appetite or something like that? I remember reading over a decade ago of some kind of research to stimulate the Vagus nerve in an effort to help people loose weight. Never heard anything again about it though.

Maybe I have a Vegas nerve instead of a skinnier person's Vagus nerve?

Have a good day,

Kathleen

Edited by Katcloudshepherd

This happens to me when I eat something evil after a long concentrated stint of eating clean, for example, when I drink something from Starbucks, made with that f***ed up hormone laden GMOd to death "milk", I promptly break into a sweaty sweat.

Hi globe - welcome back! Good point about relation between clean eating and carb loading. Caffeine does it to me too, but that is expected because of it being a stimulant.

Stop carb loading.

oh this happens to me without the caffeine - for my body, it is a reaction to any kind of chemicals/fake foods/preservatives/hormones etc. I also have mild allergic reactions to anything with flour, alcohol, white sugar, and even apples!

Stop carb loading.

Why would I want to stop?

From my research, reactive hypoglycemia is pretty common about 18-24 months after WLS. I have it and noticed it mainly at night when I would have a carb snack with my evening meds. I have to have a small amount of Protein with every snack and meal.