Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks Melissa.....It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Its been quite a ride! I am just over 2 weeks post op and have good days and not so good days. All in all, the surgery went great and recovery pretty easy. Off of pain meds, but dealing with a little bit of nausea, Constipation and dehydration. I'm finding it very difficult to get in enough fluids. Probably went back to work too soon, taking my focus away from trying to adjust to my new lifestyle. I experienced my first bout of food sticking today. Not fun at all. Lesson learned! If anyone has any tips for getting fluids in I'd love to hear them! I have my Water with me everywhere I go, but I lose track of time and forget. Today, I resorted to setting a timer for every 5 mins to remind me to sip, sip, sip. Helped a little, but I didn't start that until afternoon. Will try again tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is doing well!! Or, better :-)

I have seen apps to track your Fluid intake, though have not tried them, I plan to.

Calling all July losers!!!! :-) :-) Wanted to reach out and check in to see how everyone is doing. I know several of us are finally coming out of the initial aches and pains of the surgery, so I was interested in any updates you want to share! Losses, victories, stalls, anything...the floor's open!

I feel good, but if I don't get enough Protein and eater I feel tired and sad. I'm making a bigger effort to exercise, but the return to work was more stressful than anticipated. Still struggling with feeling blue due to the loss of energy. I was an exercise but before surgery. I'm three weeks in and grateful but tired.

Surgery for me was July 31st. Also down 16 lbs. I feel good. Walking each night after dinner. When I first got home from the hospital I could do 1/4 mile in 30 min. Woohoo tonight 3 miles in 45 min. I am so happy I had surgery! I know the 3 week stall should be coming up. I am grateful for others who have gone before me and posted of things to come so discouragement does not set in.

How much Protein are you able to get in?

@akt1908

I eat 60-80 grams a day. I like Fage geek yogurt. 3/4 C., 1/2 scoop unjury Protein and sugar free cherry Syrup (by the coffee Creamers at Walmart) . That starts my day at 27 grams. I also like a milk at Kroger's "Carbmaster nonfat reduced sugar added protein" 1 C. has 11 g. Protein and no lactose. Mix that with 1 C yogurt add some splenda and a few berries and another great tasting Breakfast with 34 g. protein. I started looking at food logs of successful people on "MyFitnessPal" to help me learn how to eat after RNY. my food log is viewed by "friends only" so send me a friend request :) I LOVE meat and seafood. Read your food labels. 3/4 C crab select 2 creamy swiss laughing cow wedges, spices, onion...makes a lunch with 16g. protein. Good luck on your journey to better health.

Hello everyone!!! So three weeks out of surgery and I am now starting my Vitamins on top of my warfarin and my other pills. I have started my purée diet and I am finding that some things don't necessarily need to be puréed as long as I chew them up really good. I can't eat a lot of fruit as it gives me pretty bad indigestion but if I eat a little I'm okay. I am starting work next week but I am still on a weight limit as I have pulled some of my sites back open while going to the gym. I have lost 25lbs thus far. I am feeling okay as far as energy goes as I am going to the gym about 3 or 4 days a week. My biggest trouble is that I am extremely dehydrated and I am have a had time getting all my Water in. So now I am carrying around a frozen bottle of 36oz water and I make it my goal to at least drink that once a day. My heart rate is now down and I am starting to lose weight like crazy! Water has been a huge help for me I didn't know it was such a difference. I was drinking diet Decaf tea but it is such a huge diuretic that I was losing more water then I was gaining. Hope everyone is doing well. Will check in about a week or so to see how everyones Protein diet is going!! ????????????HAPPY LOSING!!

Hi! July 8th here, just had my 6 wk follow up with the surgeon. Everything is going great, I'm down 30lbs since surgery, and a total of 54 since my initial visit with the surgeon. Still don't seem to have a lot of energy, but could just be from the fact that I work full time, have 9 kids and a husband who just had double knee replacement who seems to think I'm a 24 hour on call nurse. Uugh exhausted doesn't even begin to explain my mental state! Anyway, haven't really gotten into a consistent exercise routine yet, but Dr was ok with that for now. I am surprised I've not lost more in clothing size. I started at a 22. I'm currently in an 18. Was feeling pretty good about myself so went clothes shopping at the thrift store... tried on 16's and a couple 18's and nothing fit. Totally got discouraged, bummed and down on myself. Won't be doing that again anytime soon. I think I set myself up for that disappointment. Live and learn, right? Overall, super happy with the results. Looking forward to my skinny future!

I had surgery July 9th. I had a rough start. I had a reaction to the morphine which caused me to stay in the hospital for 4 days instead of 2. I also developed am infection in one of my incisions.

Everything is cleared up and I feel great. I am down 40 pounds. I am back to work full time. I walk 2 miles on my breaks during work and walk some more when I get home.

Hi everyone!!! I had RNY on July 29th. I think of everyday as a learning experience. Learning what my new stomach will tolerate. Overall things are going really well. I had myself so worked up before surgery, I cried every morning for a week beforehand. This was my first ever surgery at 33. And honestly the pain was nothing compared to what I had imagined up in my head. As soon as I was allowed I was up and walking. The gas pain was worse than the incision pain. I am so excited to start this new chapter of my life. My highest weight was 389 and my surgery weight was 361 my current weight is 337. I can't believe I've lost over 50 lbs already! I'm so ready to share my new story with everyone. :-D

Sounds like you are doing awesome! Glad you are doing so well.

Hi everyone!!! I had RNY on July 29th. I think of everyday as a learning experience. Learning what my new stomach will tolerate. Overall things are going really well. I had myself so worked up before surgery, I cried every morning for a week beforehand. This was my first ever surgery at 33. And honestly the pain was nothing compared to what I had imagined up in my head. As soon as I was allowed I was up and walking. The gas pain was worse than the incision pain. I am so excited to start this new chapter of my life. My highest weight was 389 and my surgery weight was 361 my current weight is 337. I can't believe I've lost over 50 lbs already! I'm so ready to share my new story with everyone. :-D

I had my surgery on July 29th as well! And, I'm the same age (well just turned 34 the other day) and this was my first surgery as well. Our story sounds very similar! I had the same wild imagination of what I thought surgery was gonna be like and it turned out so much better. So glad it went well for you and wish you continued success!!!

Thanks! it really is going much better than I expected. Our stories are very familiar. I wish you all the success, and good new food habits!!!

Speaking of good food habits, is anyone else having trouble eating 6 times a day? I'm definitely making good choices, but I'm having such a hard time eating as often as I should. I get busy and will forget. And since I'm never hungry it's really easy to forget. Sometimes I'm just full from trying to get enough Water. Hoping it'll get easier once I'm off the soft food diet and on to regular (healthy) food. More options will help I think.

I guess I didn't get real good guidelines on eating. I didn't know I should eat 6 times a day. I was given stages and such but that is about it. My first Dr retired during my 6 month Dr supervised diet so I got a new Dr on month 4.

I work in a call center. So I make 2 Protein shakes in the morning and sip on them and Water all day. Then I eat dinner with my family. Usually I have to have a bite of something a bit later in the day too. Usually string cheese.

It has worked for me so far.

July 9th for me!! I'm down a total of 29 lbs and had no problems before or after surgery. I have found things that make me throw up though (ground beef, fish, carrots, overeating, eating too fast) and had one experience with dumping syndrome that I never plan to repeat! I stall quite a bit for a couple of days at a time then lose about a pound. I thought for sure I would lose faster than I am and get annoyed/frustrated that I'm not. I also find that I'm still just really tired all the time, but I am able to get all my Water in - I mix with a Vitamin Water Zero or Powerade Zero. Hoping to get my energy back soon. Glad to hear from others!!