Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 years later and wanna lose 20 more

Kindle- thanks for the reply, I am happy with my results, honestly, I got smaller than I wanted, I just hate that this loose skin gets in my weigh and I still have a stomach because of skin. That's where my insecurity comes from. I knew I wouldn't be perfect and I don't want to be but this stuff bothers me. I have this apron and stomach and certain shorts and dresses I can't wear because of my issue. Thank U for the advice. I'll just have to get over it somehow.

It really does play mind games- I still don't see myself as tiny as I am. I can buy shirts out of the freaking kids department. But- I've also had 3 kids- so I wasn't expecting perfection and I still look at myself and say- I might not me able to wear a bikini, but damn I look a lot better than I did at 248lbs! I don't know if this helps- but here's where I am- 3 months after a baby skin wise. And as far as clothes go- no matter your size- not everything is going to flatter your figure- I just rock a lot of a line dresses even maxi dresses with a yummy tummy pair of undies. It is light and works well. I wear shorts and shorter skirts and tighter tops- I've just found what hides my "imperfections" well

post-167770-0-98321100-1407981080_thumb.jpg

post-167770-0-75669600-1407981104_thumb.jpg

post-167770-0-63403900-1407981130_thumb.jpg

post-167770-0-60900000-1407981162_thumb.jpg

Ashelaine-

Thank you so much for the pictures, ur pictures and all of you ladies inputs really made me realize I'm not alone and I'll never be perfect. Plastics or not. I guess I can hide my imperfections with what I wear, I use Spanx like things already , maybe I'll go shopping soon to find some cute outfits. Thank u all so much!!!

I don't know what kind of things you like to wear, but I have a lot of fun at the buckle- the people always bring me lots of outfits to put together. And it's fun. I'm a HUGE fan of their jeans- they fit flawlessly (and hide my pooch)

I can't emphasize enough how much of this is a "head game". Yeah, we have extra skin but if you take an objective look around there are plenty of less than perfect bodies out there! Love what ya got, make the most of it, enjoy life. Do not let lack of perfection slow you down! No matter how skinny, pretty, cute, smart, rich OR WHATEVER you are - there is always someone "better". Who cares - all we can do is be our best selves right here and now.

I had plastics but I have significant extra wrinkles on torso under my arms. Affectionately known as "side boobs". It can be annoying that I sometimes don't buy a close fitting top because the side boobs show. Or, more importantly, I have to choose bras and swimsuit tops carefully so they don't emphasize that extra skin. Whenever I catch my self "woe is me" over my side booms I say a little prayer of thanks that I have extra skin and NOT extra fat there anymore. I mean - what is it about us that we beat ourselves senseless over extra skin when we are just so aweome???

I also want to say that my best friend is naturally tiny- 5'0- size 2. She's never been obese or even remotely overweight. Her lower belly doesn't look that far off from mine.

Tiny? What about 0 or 00 at that height? Shoot the sizes now are off ... that's not that tiny.

Tiny? What about 0 or 00 at that height? Shoot the sizes now are off ... that's not that tiny.

Yeah- my 10 year old step-daughter who is in the 50th percentile height and weight- perfect BMI can wear a 00 at most stores- I'm perfectly happy not being the size of a 10 year old and her friends :).

CGJ- it sure is a kind game... One day, maybe one day because I'm getting married and we want kids, ill do some plastics, but for now I have to save for my future and new home! ????

You are fortunate to have a man who is crazy about you just the way you are. Although it didn't work out long term, I saw someone for about a year who helped me see myself through more realistic eyes. And taught me alot of self confidence in my looks and body. Listen to him not your inner critical voice.

Look on Amazon Local for fitness packages, anything from Crossfit, Zumba, Boot Camp, Martial Arts, Barre, etc. I found the dance studio I go to on Amazon Local. I purchased a 10 class package for $30 and it got me going for not a lot of money and no commitment until I was sure I liked the new activity.

My new motto is "imperfect perfection". What we see on Tv and in magazines is not real most or the time anyway. I try to get past my own head and realize that I am the most imperfect perfect me and that is what I aspire to be. My own mother is 5'11 and never weighed more than 135lbs and she still has a tummy and her thighs spread when she sits and my 5'6 frame is just now fine for me. We all have our mental battles and some hurdles are harder to overcome than others. I am only 13 months out, but I still have problems seeing the me that is now. I still see the pre surgery me. I try to focus on how much healthier I am, how I can climb two flights of stairs and hardly notice, how I have the energy to live the life I want. That is what matters. It isn't always easy, but these ideas help keep me on the right track. Good luck to you :)

My new motto is "imperfect perfection". What we see on Tv and in magazines is not real most or the time anyway. I try to get past my own head and realize that I am the most imperfect perfect me and that is what I aspire to be. My own mother is 5'11 and never weighed more than 135lbs and she still has a tummy and her thighs spread when she sits and my 5'6 frame is just now fine for me. We all have our mental battles and some hurdles are harder to overcome than others. I am only 13 months out, but I still have problems seeing the me that is now. I still see the pre surgery me. I try to focus on how much healthier I am, how I can climb two flights of stairs and hardly notice, how I have the energy to live the life I want. That is what matters. It isn't always easy, but these ideas help keep me on the right track. Good luck to you :)

Thank you... Sorry haven't been on here in a while. It is a battle and I think I'm slowly over coming it.