Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaRcHiEs IN MaY

<p>Hey Denise, I was banded 3/5 and went for my second fill one week ago and am having the same problem. I have a lot of trouble with regular food even going down. I wasn't sure whether to have a slight unfill or not, but I guess I'll just wait for my next doctors appointment.</p>

Hey Friends,

Well I don' t have Rabies anymore :) But I am having a really difficult time getting anything down and getting stuck. I am going to give it until Monday, and if I still can't eat I am going to the Dr.

Denise

It's called adjustable so you can take the Fluid out as well. Don't let it get you down if you need to remove some. Above all else you need to get some nutrition in you. How's that going?

OH Juli

<p>Morning!! Ya'll</p> <p>Just trying to post before and after pic's</p> <p> </p> <p> http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/thickchicktexas/?action=view&current=tiaandgreg.jpg I took this one August 2006</p> <p>I was trying to hide behind my purse!!!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/thickchicktexas/?action=view&current=tia122006.jpg Me in December 2006 not sure what my weight was</p> <p> </p> <p>http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/thickchicktexas/?action=view&current=TiaJAN2007.jpg Me January 2007 !!!! MY FACE!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/thickchicktexas/?action=view&current=TiaFeb2007.jpg Feburary 2007 fresh from the Mac STORE!!</p> <p>http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/thickchicktexas/?action=view&current=Tia31BirthdayTephegez.jpg MARCH 2007 MY 31ST B-DAY!!! P.S. I HAD THE SURGERY ON MARCH 5TH 2007!!!!</p> <p>http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/thickchicktexas/?action=view&current=allyTia4192007.jpg APRIL ME & MY DAUGHTER ALLY!</p> <p> </p> <p>http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/thickchicktexas/?action=view&current=tia4182007.jpg APRIL 2007 BAD hair DAY!</p> <p> </p> <p>http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/thickchicktexas/?action=view&current=TiaSexyNewhairMay2007.jpg MAY 2007 NEW HAIR CUT!!</p> <p> </p> <p>http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/thickchicktexas/?action=view&current=TiaCarMay2007.jpg MAY !!</p> <p> </p> <p>http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/thickchicktexas/?action=view&current=TianewhaircutMay07.jpg MAY</p> <p> </p> <p>I HOPE YA'LL CAN SEE THE PROGESS! NOT BRAVE ENOUGH TO TAKE PIC'S OF MY BODY YET!!</p> <p> </p> <p>I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR COMMENTS!! BE NICE!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>HAPPY FRIDAY</p>

I'm really proud of all my fellow marchies. I'm afraid I'm feeling a little frustrated. I haven't lost as much weight as I thought I would have by this time. I am still looking for "the sweet spot" as we so lovingly refer to it. I have lost about twelve pounds and nine inches, and i know that's a big accomplishment. But i look at others who have lost thirty pounds since surgery and i wonder what i'm doing wrong. i've hired a personal trainer, i get to the gym at least four times a week. I guess it's just that i've lost this much weight before. I've reached this goal so many times only to fail ultimately and be in worse shape than when i started. It's just hard for me to believe that this is really going to happen for me. I mean am I really going to be a "normal" healthy weight? Is that even a real option for me? I've been overweight my whole life, I don't know anything else.

I apologize for the ranting and raving. But for those of you who've read this far, get this. I guess I'm a little emotional, yesterday was a really bad day for me. You see, my mother woke me up around six in the morning to tell me that my grandma was in the ICU at the hospital I work. I went to see her, she's stable, just eighty nine years old and tired. So, that put me in an emotional frenzy. I went to see her for a little while but then I had to go home and go to bed because I work the night shift from seven p.m. to seven a.m. Well, I wake up to go to work and leave a little early so I can go visit my ailing grandmother in the ICU. Well, in my car, as I was stopped and ready to turn into the hospital, I was rearended by an suv going about fourty miles an hour. my little civic didn't stand a chance. I'm ok, really really sore. Probably more sore than when I had my surgery. So, yesterday was a really bad day. I've been bad about going to the gym this past week anyway, and I was really going to go this morning after work, but that's not really an option I guess. Anyway, I'm sorry if my attitude seems negative. I know it's just a little bump in the road. I have another fill on wednesday so, i'm excited to see how far i've come. thanks for listening. i wish you all a very blessed day.

michelle

michelle,

I know just how you feel. I'm not losing very fast either and it is a little discouraging. Don't lose faith just yet we need to find our so called sweet spot. I don't get another fill till the 21st. I hope the second fill will make a difference. I have only lost around 20 lbs so far and I have approx. 120 to go. Sorry to hear about you grandma. My prayer will be with you and your family.

I understand not believing you will every be a normal size, I can't remember that time either. Hold on and keep plugging away and I know you will be successful.

Carol

Man Michelle that does sound like a crappy day. Sorry to hear it all fell on you at once..I'd be a little "negative" myself. I hope things get better for you soon and as for the weight loss...don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat, so all your working out is probably building muscle, which is good because then the muscle will work for you even if you're not working out because it will burn calories while you're just sitting around while the fat just sits there with you. :-)

Hey guys! I'm an April Bandit, but wanted to see how you guys are fairing at 2 months :) Looks like good news!

thickchikntexas- WOW!! You've done amazing in 2 months, You need to post those in the before&after thread!!!!!!!

I was banded on March 20 and I just called to set up an apt. with the dietician so I can get my first fill. I am not feeling any restriction except 10 minutes ago. I took a bite of a cheeseburger for lunch (no top bun)

and I'm dying! So.......do I need a fill or not? Man does that hurt!

anyone else not sure if they need a fill? My weight loss has slowed way down.

Conrats to all the March Banders! I had mine March 20th. The first day of my new life. And it has been a challenge. Especially if its something that really tastes good and I feel full but theres more left on my plate. That will be a hard habit to break. No more "clean your plate"!

Here's the the next few months as we learn to adapt to the changes in our lives, habits, and bodies!

Go MARCHIES!

Hello everyone,

Is there anyone out there like me not writing because of all the great success stories and you are not losing weight? That is me. I lost six pounds at first then I gained back three then lost them again. Still only a six pound lose. I want to be a loser!

I had my first fill yesterday so I am feeling a little restriction. They put 1.6 in a 10 cc band. I learned on the website for my surgery office that they are recommended by the manufacturer to only put up to 4ml in the 10cc band. Has any one else heard that? It doesn't seem like that gives you a whole lot of fill space.

Well congrats to all of you with the great weight loss! I a green with envy!

Thick: You look great girl. Keep up the fabulous work. :clap2: :cheer2:

JackSpratsWife: Please...no worrying! :pout: You will lose. Your stomach just needed the time to heal. This should be where some the weightloss begins. You just had your first fill-so focus on getting the proper nutrition and exercise. I have a 10cc band also but have not heard about the 4cc thing. Anyway, you may not even need that much when you hit your "sweet spot."

Outdoorfriends: I know about the strength it takes to leave the extra food on the plate. Even when I try to avoid that by portioning but end up full before finishing is hard. My eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach!

Michelle: I'm sorry that you are going through an emotionally draining time but please be positive about your banding. I only lost a few more pounds than you since getting banded on 3/15. The rest was done presurgery. You're doing great.:whoo: I honestly think that it miaght be a little early to have that sweet spot. You will reach your goals. Its not going to be easy, and it probably won't be quick - but if you are determined, it will happen.

and I am definitely restricted...maybe a little too much! I was at 1.5cc in a 4cc band after my 1st fill. Now I'm at 2.75cc. I'm such a worry wart. I said the same thing the last time, but this time I mean it. I am REALLY TIGHT!!! Drinking Water isn't a problem, but it took me 2 hours to drink a 4oz Protein Shake. After taking a sip, it would kind of sit there for a few seconds before going through the band. The warm cream of broccoli Soup I had for lunch went down a little easier. I'm hearing all these gurgling noises that I didn't hear after my first fill. I'm not sure if this is what "good restriction" is supposed to fell like or not. I'll be moving to solid foods on Thursday so we'll see! :omg:

Hi tammyJ i was banded on March 15th also!!!! I just found it cool we had the same band date in the same city!!! :clap2: