Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*APRIL* BANDITS May Challenge

Wow the scale moved! Yay, back down to 272 almost back to my low :) As for excersize I am doing really well the last couple of days which is probably why the scale is moving, lol. It's 10 am and already I have my excersize in for the day, yahoo! Now to put the last of my storage baxies into the newly spring cleaned closet and all my spring cleaning will be done! Before summer! In all my spring cleaning I found my running shoes so when schools out for the summer I can take advantage of the use of the track to start running :)

We did a quick trip up to Olympia this morning - left at 7:30AM and was home by 1:00PM.....................got .4 taken out and so far - great. I'm taking it easy today, but was able to get some Yoplait light with a bit of high Fiber Cereal down this eve...............yipee............have not been able to do that for days! Alan is happy that I don't have that "look on my face"!...........and I'm happy that it's not coming back up into my throat! Now, if only she did not take too much out??? If so, I'd rather just be careful on our trip and then go back and get a bit more put in when we get back..............of course the fill nurse said............"don't do that again"! It's hard being 2 hours away from the dr's office.

Have a great holiday week-end all! We're stickin around town - last minute clothes washing, etc.........getting ready for our east bound trip - we're excited.

Didn't get to exercise today, tomorrow I've got a commitment in the morning and will have to miss NIA again............I'll go on Sunday and Monday and we'll walk on Tues..............have to pack somewhere inbetween.........................so, for the first time in months I will not make my challenge....................PROMISE TO WALK, WALK, WALK, WALK on our trip and do better next month!

Welcome to all of our new exercise friends! Sorry I haven't been around much. (Working too hard!)

Betty, I'm going to get a small unfill, also. These darn allergies really tighten things up. It is just too risky to be too tight. Of course we want to drop weight, but the worst thing we could do is be so restricted that we end up with a slip or dialated pouch, or some other complication.

Thanks for the info on the TT, Julie.

Fiona, you are not a drama queen. We just have to all deal with life and pain, now that there is no option to use food as an anesthetic.

I took a pilates lesson today -- there was a free intro lesson with my gym. I could definitely benefit from it. Great strength training. Anyway, we'll see if I can walk tomorrow!

Had a great day..............walked to the movies with Alan - 2 miles each way............then met friends for dinner........a beautiful 75 ish day! Summer is coming to the NW. Yipee, finally!

Julie, was that pilates on the machines? I've done some Pilates classes - sort of mostly core work.

I can eat again. Still have my band - can't eat "too much"......hopefully this will be a good fill level.........so nice to be able to keep down food!

Heading to NIA in the morning - already counted it so, I can't change my mind!

Hi all, Julie I am sympathetic with the dating scene, can't even imagine it in New york let alone little old Auckland, New Zealand. good weekend I ate well, no exercise though, and have accepted that this pain in my side needs to be looked at, makes me wanna cry, but what can you do....something is not right!!!!!!!! have found a small group in NZ to talk to, not like you guys though, hope I can check in more often, wish me luck for my apointment, I know something isn't right so send me prayers....

Love to you all

Amourette aka Fiona XXXX

I've been coasting for about 2 months. I've not been putting any effort into my diet whatsoever, with the exception of about 5 days during our calorie counting challenge. I don't regret this coasting -- I has PS, changed jobs, started dating -- basically had a lot going on that needed my attention maybe more than my diet did. And, when I think about it, it's been pretty nice in some ways to focus on something other than food. The best part? I haven't gained weight! Here I sit at exactly the same weight I was when I turned my attention away from dieting.

All that said, I'd really like to get my focus back and lose about 15 lbs (then I can take another break if I need it). So, I'm going back to basics. Protein first, paying attention to when I'm no longer hungry (as opposed to full), and never ever drinking with meals. I can't say that I'll count calories (I eat out a lot) at this juncture, but I'll make really good choices and eat appropriate quantities, starting now.

OK, so here's my goal: I'm going to be at 165 by July 4th. WOOHOO, here we go!

<p>Julie - you sound like me with the food, etc.............told you we were related - think all of us are? I think it's bandiversary illness! I was definately in trouble with the amount of Fluid in my band for the past 6 weeks - way too much - but I kept pushing it to get myself in "bad" trouble! Don't know how this is yet, I can eat, but yes like you I need to also get back to basics................thanks for the challenge yet again - we can count on our Julie. I'm up 3 or 4 lbs from all the liquid calories (not good ones that I "had" to drink the past few weeks) necessary because of getting myself so irritated. </p> <p> </p> <p>OK - even with my trip - I'm going for 160 by July 4th l - gotta keep up with Julie!</p> <p> </p> <p>Fionna - keep up up to date - hope all is well with you!</p>

Fiona, I'm so sorry you are in pain! Maybe it is something that can be taken care of easily. Do you think it is band pain or gallbladder? Appendicitis?

Hey, I coasted for so long and now, WHEEEEEE! I'm sliding again!

I'll be in the 50's soon!!!!

My goal, hmmm.... Maybe 154 by August. In the 40's by the fall. Goal by Christmas.

I like it, Boo -- GOAL BY CHRISTMAS. I'm in.

I ran 3 miles today in -- get ready for it -- 29:55. I can officially run 10 minute miles. Now it's about building the distance. I've got 3 more weeks of building stamina, then the official 1/2 marathon training begins. So exciting!

Today so far I've been very good with the food. I had one of my old standby lunches and I'm planning fish and veggies for dinner. Should be good! I've even good on my Water, so all is well with the world....

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend in Central Park to do a long run, then we're doing a Memorial Day cookout brunch at her house. She's diet conscious, so no worries there. We're having crabmeat omelets -- high Protein, low fat. Perfect!

Had a great day yesterday.............walked to the movies, met friends for dinner who offered us a ride home - we declined - walked home the couple of miles in the dark - was romantic!

Good for you Boo - keep that slide going - great inspiration! Good for you Julie - again - your run times sound awsome - I have no idea what is good, but it sure sounds good!!! I just got back from the Grocery store after my NIA class, loaded up on veggies and fish and some fruit.................Goal by Xmas sounds great to me too! Thank you all for being there........the togetherness is such a great boost!

Julie, a week from today is our date in "the city".............so, don't make any other plans for the afternoon/eve.....will be "in touch".

Hi Guys,

I know I have been sporadic lately, but work has been none stop. I hope everyone is well. It looks like all of you are working hard.

I see everyone setting goals... great, I am not sure I can set any right now.. seem to be a bit stuck at 177... but I am determined.

I am running more and more, my long run is now 8 km... which I did on Thursday in 59.20!!! For me that is good. I am hoping to do a 10 km in 2 weeks... so we'll see.

Our trip to Europe is coming in 3 weeks... can't wait!!!

Talk to you all later!!

Dawn

banded April 4, 2006

Montreal, Quebec

358/177/165

Exercise sessions this month = 20

Well, I broke down and ordered a Garmin wrist GPS for running. I'd been looking into them for a couple of months. It's a heart rate monitor and GPS built into one, so it tracks exactly (within 10 feet!) how far you run and how fast. I keep running on a treadmill even when it's nice out because I want to make sure I keep the speed up to my training pace. I'm hoping this gadget will help me take to the streets (and parks). I'll let yall know if it's something you can't live without once I've used it a few times....

Other than that, I had a good food day. I've got to say, I could still eat. I'm choosing not to, but I really could. I think my unfill had more of an effect than I realized. Anyway, I made good choices today and stayed to right at 1000 calories (I was able to track since I was home most of the day).

Happy Memorial Day.

Hey, I've been thinking anput getting a GPS for running. Cool! You can let us know if it works well, and if it is comfortable to run with. Attaching to the wrist does not appeal to me, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Delta, your distance running is fantastic! And your weight-loss is such an accomplishment.

Have a good Memorial Day!

I did a 6 mile run this morning with my friend, Carrie, who is a much faster runner than I am (she's running the 1/2 marathon with me). Anyway, it was great! It was the first time I'd run with someone where we really ran together the whole way. I've got to say, I loved it. There were places where if I'd been alone, I know I would have walked a lot of it, but with her there, it made it easier to challenge myself. We did it in 66 minutes -- super slow for her, but a good pace for me.

My scale was up this morning, but I know it's a liar. Wink.