Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*APRIL* BANDITS May Challenge

I'm going for the Gold Grammy (23 days @ at least 1 hour)!

Yeah for all the April Bandits! Go Eficka, go Molly, go Boo, go Julie - and really have fun on those dates. Yipee - such excitement!

I'm feeling almost back to normal - just a bit of a drippy nose today - went on our usual walk to and fro this morning and I'm off to NIA in the morning...............

Betty, How did I miss that you're under the weather? Take care of that Grammy nose and get well soon.

Well, I bought a pint of icecream today. Basically, I was pissed. I told myself after my run (yeah, yeah, I'm running against doctor's orders but I promise I'm totally healed and it's only 4 days until I'd be release to run anyway) I could have a tasti-d-lite (60 calorie fake icecream, but I love it). I got to the store and they were CLOSED! I was so mad, I stomped to the corner store and bought a pint of Haagen Daaz. So I ate one serving of it and came to my senses and poured salt over it so I wouldn't eat the other 3 servings before I throw it out in the morning! I waste so much food, but at least it's not going in me, right?

My doc was so right. I feel a ton better with my little unfill. The hunger is SLIGHTLY more, but I was in denial about not having symptoms of being too tight -- I was having bad burping spells and upset stomachs after almost every meal. Now I feel normal again -- as if I don't have a band, but for the fact that I get full on just a little food.< /p>

La vita e bella!

Tracy, I just wanted to mention how much your face has changed already! That is great!

I place so much emphasis on the changes in my body that I forget to appreciate the benefits to my face, also.

We're off to a good start, ladies!

Is there anyone else out there reading that would like to join in? You could set your own goal. Don't be intimidated! We are all just trying to keep ourselves and each other motivated to move. So, join in the fun!

Well Betty I think I cought your under the weather. I have been headachey and just exhausted all day, my throat has been a little sore too. I have been enjoying skinny cow for my ice cream cravings. 1 fills you up and is 140cal. It'a an ice cream sandwhich and it even has 3g of fiber! I looked at the B&J and I looked at the skinny cow and I made the right choice, yay me! Now if I could just feel better!

Julie, compulsive maybe but definitely amazing and extraordinary in a very good way :fish:

Betty and Efficka I like your challenge names they're great :cool:

As for the 60's I doubt I will see them till I get a fill again. This not having restriction is just killing me. At least I am munching on rice cakes instead of chips and skinny cow instead of B&J but still I am just getting too many calories for me to lose. I am averageing about 1600 per day and for me that is just way too much, sad but true.

Hello all, here I am lurking in the background, I just needed a break, no offense to anyone........but I have come to realise I need support and where better to go.........daa daah!!!!

I have lost 32 kg, around 70 + poounds, that is good for me as I wasn't too overweight to begin with but enough to qualify for the surgery (self -paid ouch) so I am excited but sick of explaining to people at work about my weight loss, I work with different people every day, for those who don't know ie our new friends from April I am a Flight Attendant in New Zealand, so work with many pretty girls and here they are asking me for advice, don't wanna share though so it is still hard!!!

Decided 2007 was the time to go back dating, met someone great, but it wasn't to be, broke my heart, hence a bit of time off here, trying to find and understand myself, have been speed-dating no-one specifically on the horizon but will keep trying, have enjoyed reading all your posts, glad our new friends are here to share, love you all and have been reading about your updates

Love Amourette XX

I don't know if anyone noticed I was missing me on here, am I paranoid!?

Of course we noticed you weren't here, Amourette. Glad you're back.

Dear Amourette, I did miss you! You have that "NZ charm" in your "voice" - fresh, savy, fun. I remember "the broken heart" and felt your pain - my daughter is a 42 year old, recently divorced - 2 years ago (with two adorable children, 9 and 11)............and I "live" with her thru "dating"......................as a MOM you only want happiness for your kiddies..................thru her I "know" how hard the dating game is for you singles! Fun with the newness, that beginning feeling of "lust,love", but "work" after a while! Life sure is faster than it was when I "grew up"...........my wish for you singles out there is for you to find a great guy, who'll love and respect you (like the one I have)..................if that is what you wish!

Did my Marathon Friday - was not quite feeling myself yet - still a bit drippy, but feeling better each day.

Still teetering between 169-170.........doing the 800 - 1000 calories did work the week before last................so, here I go again giving it another try - hate counting calories!

Have a great week-end all.

Julie NYC.. You're on one of your dates right now (probably)... wer'e all eager to find out how they went ;-)

And salt on the ice cream?? That is such a good idea. Maybe I'll start carrying around a few packets in my purse... in case of emergencies... (Of course, it's not going to help me if I'm about to over do it on the fries :-)

Julie - ? Not only do you have your mother, step-mother, you've now got all of us!! Get used to it! Us "MOTHERS" (not the 'bad' word)...............have a "need to know"!

Molly are you feeling better? SillyWilly - welcome to our group.......good luck on your banding and join us in our exercise - it will be such an added perk to your band. Tracey and Terry - how are you doing???? and the rest of you April babies - how are you doing?

Had a very hard (pouring sweat) NIA class today.................counting calories again starting today - any joiners?

KAT - where are you? How's Rick? Worried!

Still sick, low grade fever yesterday and today, and last night I was so nauseas that I wanted to throw up. Let me tell that is rare for me. I took my anti nausea pill and after about an hour more the nausea started to subside and then I was able to finally go to bed and get some rest. I slept most of the day today and just feel yuck. I ate some dyr cheerios and they stayed down so I may venture something else a little more comforting. I am gonna have to hoof it next week to catch up the workouts I've missed!

Amourette, I missed you!!! I sent you an e-mail and I think Eficka tried to reach you, too. We spoke about you on our thread here a few weeks ago. So you have DEFINITELY been missed!! As Betty put it, you have a charming "voice."

I am truly sorry that you have been suffering. The combination of heartbreak and in-flight crisis would make anyone retreat and really question life. You are just too dear to be pained!

You must look amazing! It is a compliment having all those skinnies coming to you for advice. I'm not totally where I want to be, but I do have women asking me about every day what I have done. I wish I could help them, but will only divulge the running and dietary changes. It may not be the complete truth, but it is more manageable to keep the band private.

For you "newbies" reading, Amourette is absolutely gorgeous! (Maybe she will post another picture.) AND she brings humor and delight to our conversations.

Hi Everyone,

sorry I haven't been around much. It sounds like you are all doing well. Sorry for those of you under the weather.

I have been doing well, just busy like you wouldn't believe!

Running is going great. Yesterday a personal best of 5 km is 33 minutes (I am trying hard to catch you Boo!!!), and I am 1 pound from my original goal. Julie did you say teens??? There is no way I am going to get there or want to. It will be impossible for me to maintain and I would look sick. I am thinking that 155 may be good and reasonable for me... but I am reminding myself that if I hit my original goal, all else is bonus. I am thinking of doing the running room 5 km on my next trip, and you all know that I am training towards the 1/2 marathon in January. So... we'll see it it happens!!

snowing here today... glad it was a rest day, but I can't wait to run without gloves!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/180/ 179

Exercise sessions this month = 4

Well it's still in the planning stages but I think I am going to be doing a 3 day breast cancer walk! It is going to be in August and is in BC Canada. I get to get pledges and everything. Now I have something to train for! 3 days of walking all day will be exausting so I'd better start working up to it! This flu is starting to get better but I'm not completely out of the woods yet, but at least the end is in sight! The stomach and intestinal parts of it are nearly over, yay :(

Delta you are doing amazing! Keep up the great work!

Amourette, these ladies ask about you all the time, wondering how you are, your were most definitely missed!

Awesome about your walk, Molly. I definitely think you should go for it.

I did an 8 mile walk today around the perimeter of Central Park (6 miles + 1 mile to and from). Can't wait to "officially" be released to run on Wed.

Nite, Julie