Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 days out and wondering why I don't feel any different?

I've been the same way! It's so great to see this thread! I had some trouble my first week getting all my fluids in (it was mostly mental for me) but since then, no real issues! Went back to work after a week and a half. I'm three weeks out today and not tired at all and have even started walking at least two miles a day. I feel amazing! I'm so grateful for how smoothly it's gone.

I felt the same way! I keep reading about people that took 8 weeks off work to recover and keep thinking what could they possibly be recovering from for this long. I was sleeved 6/30, off pain meds about 12 hours after surgery and walking 1/4 mile every 4 hours in the hospital. Went home the next day and by the 3rd day was back at the gym. I couldn't stand not working so I went back the next week. I even mentioned to my Dr how surprised I was that it hardly seemed to be anything to recover from and he said that's because he does good work lol

Well, this is still my fave thread on the forum!

I was sleeved August 18. Today I'm 2 weeks out and doing great.

Today was my first full day of pureed food -- ate Greek yogurt, refried beans/cheddar cheese/poached egg, and cream of chicken Soup made with skim milk and fortified with 3 ounces of pureed chicken meat.

I've been hitting my 60+ grams of Protein since Day 5. I'm making my 64 ounces of Water most days). Walking the dog daily and today even got on the treadmill and the NuStep for 20 minutes this afernoon.

Arthritic pain in knees, legs, feet, back are much better than before. I'm moving much faster than pre-op. On the mood side, I'm happier, calmer, sleeping better than before surgery.

Lost 11 pounds earlier this summer, then 8 pounds on pre-op diet, then 7 pounds since surgery - 26 pounds in all. That's plenty fast for me.

Some people on the forum seem to be really suffering post-op. I feel sorry for them. I honestly think I lucked out and had a really skilled surgeon. No drain, incisions were not painful and healed like cat-scratches. I took pain med (hydrocodone) only the first night home (yuck!). Nothing since.

I will admit to a LOT of afternoon napping. Really surprises me. I never took 2-3 hour naps like this before in my life. This could turn into a bad habit. I've really enjoyed these weeks with nothing to do but heal.

I go back to work tomorrow - but happily work at home.

Oh, right ... I did have my first gall bladder attack last week, and the ultrasound screens showed what appeared to be two dozen or more gallstones. Erk. I'll see my surgeon this week and schedule a second surgery to take that sucker out.

But otherwise, onward and downward.

Very happy.

Hi All,

Sleeved 8/25, one week ago...I can drink a whole Protein drink as long as I take little sips. Lost 12 pounds total but nothing the last 3 days (sad face). I'm getting 40 min on the treadmill, shooting for 10k steps a day. Would LOVE to eat some real food but staying with Soups and Protein drinks.

Got one inscision that is more sore than the others. I go back to work tomorrow.

Hang in there all!

So glad to be a part of the "no probs so far" group!

I was sleeved 8/25 too! No problems here. The only narcotic pain meds I took were given to me in recovery at the hospital. After that it's been Tylenol. I've had zero problem getting my Protein drinks or Water in either. I took two weeks off work but I could go back early if I wanted. Unfortunately, one if my twins got sick and was home with me last week and the other is now sick and will be with me for as much of this week as is needed.

The biggest issue I've had is wearing a bra because one of my incisions is right in my bra line!

I had my surgery Aug 1....so I am nine days out. I get my Protein Shakes in..no problem...I drink water...sipping and with a straw no problem...I've lost 10 pounds. What I'm confused about is why am I having no problems... everyone else talks about their lactose intolerance or nausea etc. I'm worried my surgery didn't work. I can drink as much as I did BEFORE my surgery..I have ate eggs and mashed potatoes with Isopure Protein Powder added. I can't eat but about 5 bites before I feel it so I stop. I'm just scared to death since I have had no problems that my surgery isn't really working... :(

So you were able to eat in 9 days, I have to wait two weeks before starting puréed.

Hi All, Sleeved 8/25, one week ago...I can drink a whole Protein Drink as long as I take little sips. Lost 12 pounds total but nothing the last 3 days (sad face). I'm getting 40 min on the treadmill, shooting for 10k steps a day. Would LOVE to eat some real food but staying with Soups and Protein Drinks. Got one inscision that is more sore than the others. I go back to work tomorrow. Hang in there all! So glad to be a part of the "no probs so far" group!

how long do it take you to finish a Protein drink, my surgery was day after you.

Definelty awesome to see so many people are doing great with recovery! Bless you all! I unfortunately was not one of the lucky ones. But it gets better day by day. I am 8 days post op had my sleeve 8/25. Yesterday I did get all my Protein in just not all of the Water. I walk almost 10000 steps a day, can't wait to get back to my 20000 pre surgery. Best of luck to everyone.

I was sleeved on Aug 27th and to had no problems. I was able to walk soon after I woke up and continued to focus on getting steps in every time I went to the bathroom. This helped a ton with the gas and helped regulate my bowel. I also have been drinking Water, Protein Shakes, Isopure, and Soups. The only thing I'm not sure about is if I am getting the required Protein because my surgeon only said to get "as much in as I can tolerate". Vague right! Anyhow, I'm glad to see this thread and tell my story. Good luck to everyone. :)

I had my gastric sleeve done on August 11th and have had no problems. When reading other posts I was kind of worried as wellthat something was wrong with me and the surgery since I didn't have the problems other people did. I guess we are some of the lucky ones!

No problems here! Day 10 here and feeling great! Minimum pain, getting all 64 Oz of fluids in no problem! Feeling good, have lost 10lbs, and am looking forward to the next step of pureed food on Friday! Has been almost TOO easy ????