Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had the Single Incision technique done in Mexico?

I am scheduled for December, but just learned about this new technique that allows for less scarring on the abdomen. I saw there is this "Spider" laparoscopic tool that makes it possible and safe to perform. There is a Dr. Yu in the U.S. Who apparently has done a great number with great results. Looking for a good surgeon in Mexico if anyone can share.

There is a surgeon in TJ that does a single incission threw the belly button, I just can't remember who it is.. Email a few of the clinic's online, they'll let you know if they do the single incission procedure, if I find the email I'll let you know.

There is a surgeon in TJ that does a single incission threw the belly button, I just can't remember who it is.. Email a few of the clinic's online, they'll let you know if they do the single incission procedure, if I find the email I'll let you know.

Hi Cody's mom,

Thank you for your post. I actually am already scheduled for the procedure with Dr. Lopez in TJ, and was hoping to hear from anyone who actually had that procedure with him, or another doctor down there.

TLC surgery in Houston, TX (Dr Yu & Dr Scarborough) do the single incision. There is a small incision (1/2 inch maybe) on your left side then an incision (about 3-4 inches) right across the belly button. I had mine on Tuesday by Dr Scarborough! I love it and there will be minimal scarring!

TLC surgery in Houston, TX (Dr Yu & Dr Scarborough) do the single incision. There is a small incision (1/2 inch maybe) on your left side then an incision (about 3-4 inches) right across the belly button. I had mine on Tuesday by Dr Scarborough! I love it and there will be minimal scarring!

I luv dr Scarsborough!! That's who did my surgery to;)

I was sleeved 5/28/14 at park plaza! The hospital stay was a lot better than I expected, tlc is awesome!

When are you going to TJ, I'll be there next month!

When are you going to TJ, I'll be there next month![/quote

I'm not scheduled until December. Who is doing your surgery? I hope you'll post about your experience. You must be so excited!

I'm having my surgery done by Dr. E. Ortiz September 15, 2014 and am excited, scared, get cold feet, then excited, then terrified.. I will document everything play by play for you, what is good, bad, what to bring, what not to bring. I think I was looking at Dr. Lopez as well, but after I had already paid my deposit with Dr. E. Ortiz. I can't see myself ever wearing a two peice bathing suit or a crop top, so I wasn't too concerned about scars, but I did watch a video of the single incission I think on the Doctors and it looked great.

I had mine done on the 11th by Dr Yu from TLC specifically because I don't want scars. Everything worked out!

Is TLC in Mexico?

Is TLC in Mexico?

No, TLC is in Houston, TX.

I'm having my surgery done by Dr. E. Ortiz September 15, 2014 and am excited, scared, get cold feet, then excited, then terrified.. I will document everything play by play for you, what is good, bad, what to bring, what not to bring. I think I was looking at Dr. Lopez as well, but after I had already paid my deposit with Dr. E. Ortiz. I can't see myself ever wearing a two peice bathing suit or a crop top, so I wasn't too concerned about scars, but I did watch a video of the single incission I think on the Doctors and it looked great.

It is pretty intense to consider the drastic change to the body, and going to a strange place to have it done! With that being said, these surgeons are so experienced, with such a great number of surgeries, and so many people are reporting happy results. And even though it's a bit daunting that this procedure is permanent and irreversible, if you're anything like me and sick tired of losing a great amount of weight only to regain it time and time again, the permanent nature of this feels very comforting. I have clothes that range from 4 to 14 and put everything under size 12 in storage. It's going to feel so good to get of each bigger size as I lose knowing I'll never have to go back to them again and can give them away for good...woo hoo!

I have size 1/2 - 13/14 in my closet. I'm only 5'1. Looking forward to throwing everything higher than a 5/6 away, and working back down to the 1/2 or 3/4 but will keep the 5/6 for my "fat clothes" just in case! :rolleyes:

<p>I have size 1/2 - 13/14 in my closet. I'm only 5'1. Looking forward to throwing everything higher than a 5/6 away, and working back down to the 1/2 or 3/4 but will keep the 5/6 for my "fat clothes" just in case! :rolleyes:</p>

Don't eve think that way...you're going to do awesome and be in your 1s and 3s! Can't wait to hear about your progress!

I had mine done on the 11th by Dr Yu from TLC specifically because I don't want scars. Everything worked out!

You had ur surgery on the 11th of this month? I also used TLC, but I had dr Scarsborough. I luv everyone there! They are all so nice;)

I also had laprascopic sleeve. How are u doing so far? I stay right outside pearland area, what area are u in?