Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I'm just arriving here on this forum. I too am an August 26er. I've read all your back threads. Sounds like everyone's doing very well so far. I started off very rocky. I was in so much pain when I woke up. Stayed in pain for about 2 1/2 days. I was not expecting that part at all. I feel like I'm alone on that part though. It sounds like all of you did real well on that part. I'm a chronic painer from before ( interstitial cystitis & back issues), so maybe I'm just sensative or something. Anyhow, slowly but surely the pain is fading. I went to Sam's club with my hubby yesterday. I thought that would be good since everyone consistently says 'walk, walk, walk'. We were there about an hour and half way into it I started hurting. I was down for the rest of the evening. Again I'm feeling alone in the pain issues. I guess that's just par for the coarse, I've dealt with the lonely pain issues for years. That was one of the big reasons I decided to have this surgery. I want to sleep better, be healthy, get off some of these meds and feel better.

Hope I didn't go on for to long.

Would love to hear from any of you. You ladies seem great.

Welcome to the thread! Keep up the walking, it will make you stronger everyday. I know my first few trips were very tough, I went out on last Friday and I could barely walk around the inside of Bed Bath and Beyond. After 2 more days of really getting out and walking I felt up to doing lite housework.

I'm thinking if you've been laid low this long then you are going to have to build yourself up again, just like if you'd been really sick in bed. Take it head on Chicka and walk, walk.

yeah, I went out today to take care of some things and now I feel like laying down. My fisrt real walk since the hospital. Glad to be home now. but my floors are looking at me wanting my attention, lol.

Motherof5... If any of your kids are old enough put them on floor duty. I have s 13 year old she's my temporary maid through this process lol

Motherof5... If any of your kids are old enough put them on floor duty. I have s 13 year old she's my temporary maid through this process lol

You are right about that b4real5. I just had my 10 yr old do it. But my 2 yr keeps trailing here food all the way in the living room every time she eats, lol.

ok - having my first complication after surgery - Constipation. I really have to go and cant... I either cant or am afraid to bare down... but Ive had to go for 24 hours now and it feels urgent now. I just drank some Decaf coffee - always worked in the past - and then as soon as the sun comes up Im gonna go for a long walk... but oh my goodness this doesnt feel good.

@@Sleeve2bFree~Tlea - so sorry for your pain issues - I am praising God that I didnt have that problem. But the few that I know that had your pain at surgery - its resolves a couple weeks later. Just be patient and yes - walk. It seems to help with everything... walking it out. Get a music headset with your type of music to walk by - keeps your mind off the pain.

ok - having my first complication after surgery - Constipation. I really have to go and cant... I either cant or am afraid to bare down... but Ive had to go for 24 hours now and it feels urgent now. I just drank some Decaf coffee - always worked in the past - and then as soon as the sun comes up Im gonna go for a long walk... but oh my goodness this doesnt feel good.

Thanks for the support. So sorry you're not feeling well at this time. If you have a heating pad you could sit with it on your belly for a little while. Sometimes just that works things out for me. It seems to relax everything. I've had constipation issues for years having to take all the pain meds. Usually a McDonald's cheese burger does the trick for me. Lol, :P Guess I won't be using that anymore.

Hope things get worked out real soon.

Welcome to the thread! Keep up the walking, it will make you stronger everyday. I know my first few trips were very tough, I went out on last Friday and I could barely walk around the inside of Bed Bath and Beyond. After 2 more days of really getting out and walking I felt up to doing lite housework.

I'm thinking if you've been laid low this long then you are going to have to build yourself up again, just like if you'd been really sick in bed. Take it head on Chicka and walk, walk.

Thanks DownPat, I'm doing a little better everyday. I've been for a walk in the woods, to Wal-Mart and have been able to start light house work. Sadly I have a long list of things to be done.

:rolleyes:I think insurance should start paying for a house maid to come help out at least during the 1st week of recovery. :lol:

Or maybe just someone to boss the kids and hubby around so they'll get things done. :D

Hey yall - tell me about your incisions.... one of mine is healed completely.... but the others still have dark scabs on them and are red rimmed... they do not hurt - more so they itch... but I would have thot they would have healed by now. Im a bit concerned. What do yours look like?

Surgery Aug 24. My incisions are all healed, though the scars are thick and heavy. Two days after surgery, I developed a rash around each incision site. Kind of like heat rash, raised bumps. I thought I may have been allergic to either the medical tape or the Neosporin. Once I stopped dressing them in gauze, I thought the rashy-ness would go away. Not! In fact, in some ways, it worsened. And I was concerned. But I let it run its course and it has settled now.

No scabs. Just raised scars that I need to deal with, too.

well - Im thinking I need to go to my acupuncturist and have him treat the wound sites.... Im concerned about the redness.

Odd, I'm not having any issues with my incisions on the surface. Mine don't have scabs now. I have hard knotts on the inside of my skin, and they itch a bit, but otherwise they look good. Everyone scars differently, but red rimmed and dark doesn't sound good.

Mine look good. If I touch it I feel the knots like Pat.

Today - is my first day of being depressed... I stepped on the scale today after several days of not weighing in - and not only have I not lost any weight in almost 3 weeks - but Ive gained 6 ounces... I was trying to keep a good attitude... but I dont have a good attitude today at all.... So I would like to do a diet comparison here on this page.... any of you with surgeries right around mine on the 26th of August.... what are you eating each day? This is my typical day....

BreakfastDecaf coffee, 1 scrambled egg

Mid morning – premier Protein drink

lunch – 6 boiled peanuts – ¼ cup tuna salad with light mayo

Mid afternoon – premier Protein Drink

dinner – ½ cup homemade cream of chicken Soup – made light

5 ounce plain yogurt

Today - is my first day of being depressed... I stepped on the scale today after several days of not weighing in - and not only have I not lost any weight in almost 3 weeks - but Ive gained 6 ounces... I was trying to keep a good attitude... but I dont have a good attitude today at all.... So I would like to do a diet comparison here on this page.... any of you with surgeries right around mine on the 26th of August.... what are you eating each day? This is my typical day....

Breakfast – Decaf coffee, 1 scrambled egg

Mid morning – premier Protein drink

lunch – 6 boiled peanuts – ¼ cup tuna salad with light mayo

Mid afternoon – Premier Protein drink

dinner – ½ cup homemade cream of chicken Soup – made light

5 ounce plain yogurt

My doc won't let me eat nuts or nut butters because he said it's too much fat and calories. He is actually not a fan of nuts at all. That may be one thing. I'm sure you're getting done form of exercise right? I was sleeved the same day as you. I do a Protein Drink for Breakfast, a turkey cheese roll or chicken salad for lunch and last night I had 1/3 of a black bean burger with cheese. I just stated eating in Monday though so I'm still not liking it all that much. This sounds like what is called a stall and your body is trying to adjust. Don't get hung up on that. My NUT also said that even though eggs are approved, they are heavy in your pouch. Also have you cleared or your intestines? You could be holding some volume there. I'm sure this will pass ands the next weighin will be like 3 pounds gone overnight. Don't fret, just keep eating right. Good luck