Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@Mexico Bariatric Center in Tijuana thru 3 personal friends who went there this past year. It was affordable and came with rave reviews from my friends.

I started in May talking to Cindy - the liasion - and started dieting immediately. I started at 312lbs and have since dropped 25lbs. They told me I had to lose 15 lbs to avoid an extra BMI fee. I have been on their modified liquid diet of 2 Protein Shakes and a chicken and veggie dinner for 3 weeks and then just started last Thursday on the 2 Protein shakes and 1 Soup diet.

I was hoping we could all keep in touch and support each other. Let me know your stories!

Sandi

Edited by Sandi in FL

@taken_chances19 @@5BeautifulDays @@smallermekerrivsg @@truthinhiding @@motherof5

I hope I linked everyone correctly... we are all August 26... so where is everyone having their surgery? Have you starte a presurgery diet?

My story - I researched this WLS for the past 3 years and I decided finally this past spring that I was ready. I found Mexico Bariatric Center in Tijuana thru 3 personal friends who went there this past year. It was affordable and came with rave reviews from my friends.

I started in May talking to Cindy - the liasion - and started dieting immediately. I started at 312lbs and have since dropped 25lbs. They told me I had to lose 15 lbs to avoid an extra BMI fee. I have been on their modified liquid diet of 2 Protein shakes and a chicken and veggie dinner for 3 weeks and then just started last Thursday on the 2 Protein Shakes and 1 Soup diet.

I was hoping we could all keep in touch and support each other. Let me know your stories!

Sandi

Hi. My name is Zee. I am also scheduled for my surgery on 8/26. I start my 2 wk liquid diet on 8/12. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I look forward to being a part of this support group.

Hi Zee - so glad you foudn this page - I love the page with all the August surgeries and everyones posts of fears and hints - but I also wanted date specific friends that I can talk to! Where is your surgery going to take place?

Oh.Sorry. I will have surgery in Michigan worth Dr. Brian Gluck.

dont be sorry - I expect we are all having surgery somewhere different. I just wanted people to talk to that are having the surgery on the same day as me! I am mostly excited - I have moments of panic - like Im forgetting something - like Im not sure what to pack - cause I have a 5 hour flight and a 5 day stay - Im not sure what to pack for myself and my husband. Then because its Mexico - I have nightmares at night - of not being able to get back in the country. I know its all nerves... but its real in the moment. Ive been doing ok on the liquid diet... so far Ive been able to have Soups that fit certain cravings. So doing ok for now... the clear liquid diet I think is going to be tough tho. But I look at it - this is a decision I made to go thru with - no sense whining about it - Im doing this to myself... for a better me.

In case you havent found it yet - this is the blog of the things you will need at the hospital - written by those who have done it... http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/181994-the-official-what-you-will-need-for-your-gastric-sleeve-surgery-thread/?hl=%20what%20%20bring%20%20the%20%20hospital

I am having surgery 8/23 with Dr.Lopez at Mi Doctor I haven't really come across others with the same surgery date.

I had initially gone to a plastic surgeon (fam/friend that did my mom's Tummy Tuck/nose job) to see about getting my excess skin removed and he advised I look into getting the sleeve and then getting a Tummy Tuck. So here I am .

I haven't started my diet yet but I will be doing that today. How are you holding up on hunger @@Sandi in FL? I will be using the premier shakes from costco.

@@BarnGirlWK - Hey, join this group too - we were going to be just the 26'ers - but Im good with 23'ers and 24'ers too - basically same time line!

@@taken_chances19 - hey Barngirl has surgery at Mi hospital on the 24th... so we will all three be there - you guys before me - so we will have to find each other - what is your real name?

Me - Im doing ok with the liquid diet - my problem is 4-5:oopm - I have even tried moving my lunch to 1pm to see if that helps and it doesnt... so I end up having a yogurt snack at 430 just to keep me going till 6pm dinner. I have to be more careful with the shakes because Im very lactose intolerant - so Ive been using Pure Protein prepared drinks for breakfst or lunch and muscle milk with Water for the other meal. I have several sample packs of vegan shakes from the Vitamin Shoppe - but so far they are nasty. So Im saving them until after the surgery incase the nastiness is not so bad then! I just placed a $200 order with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury for shakes, Soup, and Vitamins for after the surgery. I plan to bring some of the individual chicken soup packs with me to Mexico because Ive heard that their chicken broth is not so good.

I have had 3 personal friends go to Mi hospital to have the sleeve surgery. So I have really listened to everything they have told me to bring and do. They all 3 sing the praises of that hospital and staff - so I feel comfortable with my decision.

Edited by Sandi in FL

Thanks Sandi in FL for the invite to join this group, even though I am having my surgery on August 24. Yes, we will be at the hospital at the same time. :) I'm at Mi hospital with Dr. Elias Ortiz.

My journey is all through A Lighter Me, who arranges the surgery, the transportation to and from the San Diego airport, and the hotel stay. I have been looking at all weight loss options very seriously this year (2014), and only really started to consider the VGS for about a month. And, once I decided, I paid my deposit, picked the earliest surgery date I could, and here I go. This all happened in a space of three weeks.

I'm finding that I am unable to order unjury products here in Canada and would really like to be able to try some of the soups/broths. Not to mention the Protein shakes. Too bad.

Again, thanks for letting me join in. Sounds like Sandi in FL and Taken_Chances19 and I are all at Mi hospital in Tijiuana. Sandi in FL, your profile does not name your surgeon. Do you know his/her name?

Yes - My surgeon is Dr Ismael Cabrera... and hey - I plan to have some individual packs with me of the unjury Soup with me... as friends of mine who have been there said to bring something to make the broth taste better in Mexico - so Ill bring you one and a shake one too if you find me or my hubby!! :) Providing they come in the mail before I leave - Im assuming they will - I ordered on Saturday - and I have 2 weeks before I leave.

Hi gals well my real name is erica and I would like to give you my email as it much simpler for me macedoerica@yahoo.com hopefully we good meet up once there.

For the pre op diet I've had my Breakfast and now lunch... I'm hungry now jaja but I mean I can stand the hunger until 5 that's when I'll have dinner but! I guess from the restrictions and change my head is throbbing and I have a headache .

I will need to get broth and some other things to take to the hospital I haven't really prepped guess I feel I have time when in reality its just around the corner ????

Hey Erica - Im Sandi - and my email is sandicraft@embarqmail.com

You dont need to take broth - they will give you broth from what I hear - but I also hear its very watery and not savory - so my girlfriends told me bring unjury or Knorr chicken Soup powder to add to your broth as needed.

Hello I am Monique. You are correct, I am having my surgery on August 26th as well. I started my liver shrink diet today as well and really working my recumbent bike, lol. The CNP told me yesterday that the exercise is good for the heart because during the surgeon the heart is taking a lot of stress. Seeing my surgeon yesterday was surreal. I was totally nervous but Dr. Mikami was awesome. I will be having my surgery at Ohio State University Hospital @10am.

I am allowed 4 Protein shakes, salad with 2 tblsp of FF dressing, 1 small fruit, and a frozen dinner entree. My hubby got me the Ensure powder tub but the dietician said that the carb count was too high for my liver shrink diet. The carb count is 15 per serving.But he said it was okay for after the surgeon. I was a little confused on that one though. To my understanding, after the surgery you want less carbs as possible. In the beginning, I will be depended on the high Protein Shakes in order to get my Protein in for the day. Any thoughts?

I hope all goes well for everyone and thx for starting this blog for some added support

Hey guys! I'm Kerri, 34 from Anderson, SC. I'm a stylist and have been talked to one of my surgeon clients for a year. Before I decided. Unfortunately my insurance didn't cover his office. Dr. Fischer is doing mine in simpsonville, SC. I'm excited and scared. It's been a long journey! I'm glad I have y'all here with me!