Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sick of our limited options with puree :( I need suggestions please?

We can have Beans (not refried), turkey, light tofu, chicken, crab, lobster, shrimp, and fish ONLY for our Proteins.

We can have carrots, green beans, summer squash, peeled, zucchini, peeled, broccoli, and cauliflower ONLY. No raw.

We can add herbs and spices except with added sugar, lemon/lime juice, worcestershire sauce, sit sauce or vinegar, light mayo, Tomato sauce or plain fat free greek yogurt, ff broth or boullion.

NO juices, ice cream, sorbet, pudding, Soups, cheese, mashed potatoes, crackers/chips, breads, rices, pastas, or tortillas.

Obviously all need to be mushed/pureed.

I'm sick of eating pureed can of tuna with light mayo, or can of smoked chicken, or fake lobster, pureed beans.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions?? We have to eat this junk until the 25th.

All I know is, I feel ya.

I have zero help to give here, but my sentiments are exactly the same. I've been in Phase 2 (purée) since the 5th, and will be this way until the 25th. I think I was happy about it for about 20 hours before I got totally fed up and bored with it.

I can't even stand the smell of my Protein shakes anymore, and I'm sick of broth and Soup.

The thought of doing this for another 15 days makes me ill.

I spend most days wanting to just go to bed and feeling like this has been the biggest mistake of my life. Before surgery, I was a prisoner of my fat body. Now I feel like a prisoner of my pouch. It's like nothing has changed for me, except the type of jail I'm in.

I still have no energy, I still can't figure out my body's signals (Am I hungry? Am I full?), I'm dying for a cold soda, and while I fully recognize that my hubby and kids are not in jail with me, I feel a sense of anger and resentment when they sit down for dinner. I literally have to leave the room and close doors against the smells and sounds.

If I could go back and undo this, I would. :(

Sometimes I question it too. Was in mourning for foods I couldn't eat during pre op diet, now still in mourning over foods I can't eat now. But I have to remember the big picture of why we decided to do this in the first place- our health/life

What really bothers me is how some people are allowed to eat foods our nut/dr doesn't allow.

I said screw it yesterday and made cream of chicken broth and drank two oz for lunch. If I one more bite if canned smoked chicken I would puke and everything else we have the same and I refused to eat them. So I figured the cream of chicken Soup is better than nothing. And honestly, it has better nutrients than the canned veggies. Those are pointless to eat from what I can tell. I want to eat fresh veggies and real meat.

It just takes time though.

And I'm thinking the Protein drinks are what's making me itch all over. :/ I'm not buying anymore though and we'll drink what we have. I spent $200 on those things.

Confession- I ate about 8 noodles of mac and cheese and a cup or two of skim milk yesterday. Couldn't get enough of the milk. SOOOOOO good!

I was doing really well with walking this last week until Friday. I walked a mile on Monday, two miles on Tuesday, one mile on wednesday and a mile on Thursday (all in this Texas heat and lost lbs doing so) but nothing on Friday, and maybe a half mile yesterday and was pooped. My abs have been sore simple from going fishing and not even reeling anything in but I will hold off on doing that for a couple of weeks I guess. :(

I think I will ride a couple of miles on our stationary bike today. I hope my abs don't yell at me more afterwards.

I'm glad w4 are in this together. Even if you didn't have any suggestions is nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. We know what we need to do and we're doing it, it just takes time. Is ok to fudge up a little too just as long as we get back on track and not keep doing the fudging ups. And it's nice to be able to come on here be able to complain, whine, mourn, and vent to get it out of our system. ;)

Edited by itsmekarenlee

X

Edited by itsmekarenlee

Hang tough!!! I just started week 5 and it is amazing!! I do not know how I got thru those first few weeks, but I did. I might not ever eat broth, guacamole, refried Beans, diet Jello etc again. Not kidding here. It was brutal. But sooo worth it. Eating much more variety now, slowly and carefully - but can go to almost any restaurant and order off the menu! I am not beyond exhausted in the afternoons. Much happier. But glad I stuck to that hard phase - I am 30 days out from Sleeve surgery and down 32 pounds. Feeling hopeful. You. Can. Do. It. There r some of those squeeze packets that helped for something different. strawberry banana was good. Ugh I even was so desperate, I put onion Soup mix in low fat plain Fage yogurt a few times.

And of course we're not allowed to have any of those foods since they're not on our list. :: sigh::

Edited by itsmekarenlee

Hey. Stay strong! You didnt come this far to unfold!!! Just remember, this diet is temporary, keep your head up and keep moving. You hear me? Those are orders!!!!

Ha! Love it Donald!!! Thx :-)

UGH me too!! My puree phase still continues until I see the doctor in SEPTEMBER!!! I just want to cry. I've been trying to get creative and some of my new things are now:

(mind you I proportion these as needed, Im not eating the whole can, etc...)

1 can chicken

some low fat shred chedder cheese

some franks red hot

low fat ranch dressing

Blend that baby up, give it a min or two in the microwave and its almost like a puree version of buffalo chicken dip. Satisifies my craving for a spicier food and isn't as boring and bland as tuna

I also puree a can of Hormel chili

It's so strange that we all had the same surgery and our diets differ.

I know. I hate it. my choices are so limited compared to others. I can't have anything that Heather listed. :(

I'm really curious how each diet's statistics are as far as weight gain back or not goes...

What exactly can u have, maybe we can put some ideas together for you ????

Im in the same boat...its getting depressing