Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Sleevers...Please Post Your Stats

So, Kindle, may I ask how often and what type of exercise you've been doing?

I hope to have results like you...

Thanks for the compliment. But just so you know, my after picture has an element of strategic posing and flexing. If I slump, I've got extra skin on my tummy. My boobs hang halfway to my belly button (I went from DD to B cup), and my butt and thighs and knees have lots of loose skin and lumpiness. But no one wants to see a picture of that. :P

As for exercise, I really don't have a formal program. Haven't been to a gym in years (used to do Curves). Immediately postop I walked a lot but that was pretty much to help with digestion and to decrease the bloated feeling I had. I rode my recumbent bike 20-30 minutes/day for awhile but I haven't been on it in a couple weeks. Basically my life is my exercise. I work 60+ hours/ week. I am a vet tech, so I'm standing, squatting, bending, twisting, lifting and walking all day. On the weekends I ride my horse, sometimes 15-20 miles/day (which is an excellent Pilates and thigh master workout if you are riding "correctly"). And along with the horses comes chores...shoveling shit, fixing fences, hauling Water, feeding and stacking hay. For example, I got 42 bales of hay last weekend. Each bale weighs 80 pounds and I had to lift and move each one 3 times (big stack to truck; truck to shed; stack in shed). So essentially I lifted 10,000 pounds in 2 days....some of it over my head. Workout equivalent of weights and stair master. This morning I got another load of 21 bales. Yesterday I went whitewater rafting and rowed a boatload of friends 8 miles. Basically more Pilates and pushups.

My advice is to find something you enjoy doing. Some people love the gym or get a personal trainer or train for 5K's or do martial arts, etc. But if you don't like it, you probably won't keep it up. Good luck! You are always welcome to come help me stack hay...or shovel snow!

My stats are mostly in my SIG line, but since that doesn't show on mobile apps, I'll write them here:

I'm 5'6" and was 54 when I had surgery. Start weight: 254, day of surgery weight: 222, Goal weight: 135. Got to goal in 9 months and have stayed at goal about 2.5 years now. My before and after photos are in my profile, along with a lot more photos. Click my pic to see my profile.

Lynda

height. ....age number of months to reach the total loss.

@@2late4bed

I am 5'3

2 weeks after surgery i was 58 years OLD

now i am 60 year YOUNG ;)

i never did a pre-op weight loss (i wish I had)

DOS 235 lbs

1 yr later 130 lbs GOAL :)

maintaining (fluctuate at times 3-5 lbs)

i never kept "real" records i'm ashamed to say :(

i did lose about 80 lbs the first 8 months

it took me about 4 months to lose the laslt 25 :angry:

you can see my pics in the before and after

for obvious reason i hate the before pic :angry:

but the after pic - i look cute as a button!! :D :D

even though the majority of us "heavy" people hate our before pics, its good to have one to see the amazing transformations!!

keep a blog, measurements, monthly weight loss and pictures through your journey

do as I say, not as i do

i regret not keeping track of my "history" :angry:

also keep at least one pair of your jeans - to see the difference with your new jeans

for the record, i didn't do that

when i reached goal i went to Kohl's

i bought the same 2X elastic waist jeans that i always bought

OMG what a difference

i keep them in my closet for posterity ;)

good luck with surgery next month :)

look forward to a healthier, happier, longer life

who deserves it more?? :)

take care :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I'm 55 years old and 5'6" tall. I was a slow loser compared to most. So don't get discouraged if you don't lose as fast as others, as long as you are following the rules it will come off.

started Jan. 2013

Date. Weight Lost. TTL Lost

jan 21- wt 232 day of surgery

feb 21- wt 217. -15 pds

mar 21- 206. -11 pds (26 total)

apr 21- 202. -4 pds (30 total)

may 21- 191. -11 pds (41 total)

june 21-185. -6 pds (47 total)

July 21-180. -5 pds (52 total)

Aug 21 - 175. -5 pds (57 total)

Sep 21- 169 -6 pds (63 total)

Oct 21- 167 -2 pds (65 TTL )

Nov 21-162 -5pds (70 TTL )

Dec 21-158 -4 (74 total)

Jan 21-154 -4 (78 total)

Feb 21- 154 -0 (78 total)

March 21-154 -0 )78 total)

April 21- 159 - + 5 (73 ttl) GAINED 5pounds!

May 21- 152 -7 (80 ttl)

June 21- 152

July 21-152

August 8, 2014- 157 + 5 pounds

Oh and I was wearing a size 18W in pants & dresses and an XXL in other clothing. Now I'm wearing a size 8 in pants and dresses and actually needed to go down to a size 6 in a skort. I have to get a medium or small in tops. I keep thinking the clothes are all marked wrong. I don't ever remember wearing a single digit size, even when I weighed the same. (Around 152-156).

Surgery date 11/14/13 (almost 9 months out)

High weight 256 on 08/20/14 - decision day to have surgery

Surgery weight 238

Current weight 183

Do not compare your weight loss with others...it will lead to disappointment and unhappiness. Your path is unique as was your path to your decision to have weight loss surgery.

I went into this wanting to lose 106 pounds - I don't know if I'll get there, I hope I do. But I can tell you, 70+ pounds down from high weight feels amazing!

Best of luck to you!

@@Kindle

Wow!!! your pics are nothing short of INCREDIBLE!!!! I'm a little older than you and had a question........did you have any "skin" issues? Sagging, etc.....Just wondering if I have waited too late for this surgery.....wondering if my skin will go back to where it belongs!!! (I have about 70 pounds to lose.) Did you have any of these issues?

Surgery Date: June 18th, 2013

Height: 5' 6."

Surgery Date: June 18th, 2013

Height: 5' 6.5"

Starting Weight:248

DOS Weight: 228 (-20 lbs)

Week 1: 214

Week 2: 208

Week 3: 210

Week 4: 208

[Month 1, July 18th: 206 (-22 lbs)

Week 5: 204

Week 6: 201

Week 7: 201

Week 8: 198

Month 2, August 18th: 196 (-10 lbs)

Week 9: 194

Week 10: 192

Week 11: 188

Week 12: 185

Week 13: 182

Month 3, September 18th: 182 (-14lbs)

Week 14: 181

Week 15: 183

Week 16: 180.

Week 17: 177

Month 4, October 18th: 178 (-4 lbs)

Week 18: 176

Week 19: 176

Week 20: 173

Week 21: 172

Month 5, November 18th: 172 (-6 lbs)

Week 22: 172

Week 23: 171

Week 24: 170

Week 25: 169

Week 26: 168

Month 6, December 18th: 167 (-5 lbs)l

Week 27: 167

Week 28: 165

Week 29: 163

Week 30: 164

Month 7, January 18th: 163 (-4 lbs)

Week 31: 162

Week 32: 161

Stopped tracking....

I'm currently weigh 152; I wear a size 8 bottom or medium and my tops are a 4/6 or small. I haven't lost in a few months, but I did drop another size. I've upped my fitness and I've replaced fat with muscle. So, hence same weight, smaller size.

Good luck to you!

Edited by Curvy

@@Kindle

Wow!!! your pics are nothing short of INCREDIBLE!!!! I'm a little older than you and had a question........did you have any "skin" issues? Sagging, etc.....Just wondering if I have waited too late for this surgery.....wondering if my skin will go back to where it belongs!!! (I have about 70 pounds to lose.) Did you have any of these issues?

I have arm flabbiness, tummy sagging, major boob sagging, and a lot of loose, saggy skin and lumpiness on my butt, thighs and knees. (I carried excess weight from the waist down for decades...I didn't get big on top till the last few years). I've already noticed the arm skin is tightening up a little and my tummy is nothing I can't live with. My butt and legs still make wearing shorts unattractive, but I don't think anything but plastics would help those (or my boobs) Not sure if that's something I'm going to do, though. I guess time will tell how much everything tightens up and how I feel about it. Damn gravity!

Best of luck to you!

I am 40, 5'4", Surgery Dec. 18, 2013. SW 210, CW, 150. 5 pounds to my personal goal, but my body seems to be enjoying this current plateau. Size 8-12, depending on the brand name. I didn't keep track month to month, so I can't tell you what I lost each month, but I will say I never weighed more than once every 2 weeks or so, so I didn't drive myself nuts. Definitely helps matters.

I'm 35, 5'4 and my SW was 254. I am 3 months out and down 50 lbs.. 40 from surgery and 10 from my pre op. I'm 204 now and want to get down to 140

DaddyMarie. ....50 pds. gone after only 3 months is super exciting! I believe you will totally hit your goal of 140. Please keep us updated.

Thanks for all the stats and encouraging pics....they are all very impressive.

It is hearing the success stories from all of you people that keep me excited and motivated for my own weight loss journey coming up next month.

I haven't even started and am so happy at the prospect of recognizing myself in the mirror again! I avoid them at all costs now. I think any substantial weight loss will make me happy. I broke my back in 2 places 3 years ago and put on a substantial amount of weight. ....my bback hips, and knees, not to mention my swollen ankles will be overjoyed to not have to carry around excess poundage.

I have also made up my mind to ONLY weigh once a month. That will keep me positive cause any amount of weight loss will make me happy but a stall for 2 or 3 weeks might discourage me.

Please keep the success stories, pics, and updates coming. You ALL are my heros!

Ok, let's see...i'm 33, 5'7.5''. my hw was 260, consult weight 248, sw 238, current weight 198 and I am 1 wk shy of 6 months. so down 40 lbs since surgey and 48 lbs since consult and preop. I haven't tracked monthly really, but I did lost 10 lbs the 1st wk after surgery, then stalled at wk 3. I am a slow loser, but do remember that even though the scale doesn't move, u are still losing inches. I don't know how to post pictures here, but i'll try to update my profile today.

Congratulations to everyone. This is a good thread. Lots of inspiration and success on here. I have lost about 50 lbs. It's been 5 months. Half way home, and not even trying really. All of my suits are starting to fit again. I didn't keep track of my weight from month to month and I don't weigh myself very often. Only to update my ticker and at my monthly doctor visits. Think about helping yourself to heal after surgery. That is most important. Good luck.

I was just a bit 1 month out and lost 22 lbs, just wanted to reply to this thread because you will be sleeved on my birthday!! Best of luck!

Oh I'll be 43 on your surgery date. 4'11