Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP, STALLED? CONFUSED!

Hey everyone! Was sleeved 7/22/14 and my surgery date I weight 276. I'm down to 258=260. Which is great since my biggest was 291. I'm 30 years old and I am about 5 foot 5 inches. So I've been doing what they ask me for the most part...... I'm on the full liquid diet till the 13th then I get pureed food. It feels like am not losing anymore cause scale won't go down after what feels like a week or more. I will admit that one thing I should probably not be doing is eatting this mild hot sauce some times a few spoonfuls! Can't help it is so good. I dint know if this is the stall everyone talks about cause it seems like I'm going on 2 week stall now. Feels like I won't lose anymore. Plus I've been wanting to eat soft foods now but doc said no. Anyone else have this problem? Can't be the hot sauce. I'm getting my Protein. 30 mins sometimes longer

So many people stall very early out mike, i lost 13 pounds my first week and then stalled from week 1 until i was 2 months. this is a very common thing, its just your body adjusting itself! make sure you are getting all your fluids in! and congrats on your new sleeve.

you might want to lay off the hot sauce so early out though. your stomach is trying to heal right now.

Edited by hopeliveshere

The hot sauce tastes so good because it is probably the only thing that you're putting in you mouth that has any flavor to it. You are into your 3rd week post-op. I relied on chicken Soup broth at this stage. Also Jello and ice tea with that fake sugar stuff. Sorry, I can't think of the name right now. Asplenda. That's it. I was lucky to have someone make all this stuff for me, my wife. She made home-made stew with extra broth so I could drink the liquid. Tasted awesome. I also ate otter pops. The pink ones are the best I think. You need to lay off the hot sauce and anything else that can hurt your stomach. There are far more things to worry about right now than how good something tastes and quit weighing yourself. Your stomach is healing and you can damage it by ignoring your post surgery food and beverage plan. Stick to the plan. Good luck to you and keep us updated.

Ok I'll stop the hot sauce man I hope I DON'T stall for 2 months that would suck thanks everyone doc said I can add the hot sauce during the pureed stage which is a few days away.

Stick to the plan and remember you have a brand new baby tummy - how would a baby like hot sauce?? I think not! lol

And you WILL stall, everyone does. Sooner or later, everyone does. And not just one. A ew days here, a few weeks there. Its not a straight path. The nice thing is with the sleeve you can't *really* sabatoge it too much because you can't eat that much! Just keep on your scheduled eating plan so you will heal nice, you dont' want leaks or anything.

Well a few days I just kinda drink my Protein Drinks when I want and the other day we went out and I kinda had a bowl of Tomato Soup. Is this going to stop we from losing weight. As I thought the liquid just goes thru us. It was probably 2 cups maybe. I make sure I get my goal Protein Shakes in but they want me to have 3 spoons of creamed Soup sometimes later in the day or at night I have a few sips

I love Tomato Soup. I would make one small can with milk instead of Water almost daily. I would heat it up and pour it in a large coffee mug and sip it like coffee. I think that you are worrying too much about weight loss right now. I am not even exercising and I am averaging 10 lbs per month. I am retired so I can afford to do nothing all day long now, and a back problem prevents me from doing really good aerobics, so my weight loss is going to be slower than most, but I am happy with it so far. When you get to start eating real food again in a few more weeks, you will feel more satisfied and less hungry, I think. The sleeve will start working. Stick with the post-surgery meal plan. Relax and try to feel happy.

Mike....I am 12 says post-op and I eat Tomato Soup daily, but the healthy select and add nothing to it. I measure out 3 ounces(that's the most I can have at one time) in a small plastic container and eat it with a baby spoon. When I put it in my mouth, I don't just swallow. I leave it on my tongue and then press against the roof of my mouth. This helps me make it last longer and actually enjoy my food. Also, just downloaded eat slowly app that was recommended so that I make sure I stretch my meals over 30 minutes. Oh, and the Soup hasn't stopped my weight loss. I have lost 21 pounds. I do walk 25 minutes per day that are typically broken down into 3-5 sessions. I hope this helps.