Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like my surgery "expired" at 1 year

Year 1 - 95lbs lost. Many, many short stalls and a few long stalls.

Year 2 - 45lbs lost. Stalls were much longer. Went 5 months without budging. Losing 140lbs in two years was a sweet success as it was half my body weight.

Year 3 - lost 5lbs in the first six months then stalled. But...I was happy. I was wearing dresses, moving more, eating without much control. Not good, not bad, but maintaining with plenty of carbs. When winter approached, I gave up the stretchy sun dresses and needed to buy winter clothes. Went to the fitting room with a handful of size 8 / medium clothes since that was the size of the last pair of jeans I bought the winter before. Nothing fit. Not one thing. Had to switch everything out for size 4 / small. The only thing I did different from the previous year is add exercise for the first time since my surgery. I walk more and started yoga. My routine isn't regimented. I fly out of town 2-5 days a week, and I fit exercise in on my days at home. Maybe twice a week.

I'm 5'1". I had set several goal weights 200 / 170 / 140, and I've reached them all. I've never set a final goal after 140. I figure I will know when my body is ready.

I agree with you all im almpst three years out i m hungry all the time and always thinking of food I have gain 50 plds back in this past year and I have my self to blame I really wanna get back on track lose 10 to 15 plds a month till im back at 190 then wanna be 160 by my birthday in july team motivation im really plz help me if yall have any advice I refused to go back fo were I came from im full time mom and is in school..

I agree with you all im almpst three years out i m hungry all the time and always thinking of food I have gain 50 plds back in this past year and I have my self to blame I really wanna get back on track lose 10 to 15 plds a month till im back at 190 then wanna be 160 by my birthday in july team motivation im really plz help me if yall have any advice I refused to go back fo were I came from im full time mom and is in school..

I don't want to be a downer, but I couldn't lose 10-15 pounds a month during my first 6 months after surgery... I would however get back on track, and lose as fast or slow as you do... and keep on it- forever. You still have your "tool" eat Protein first, dont drink with meals, keep track of weight and calories... and add some exercise. I have found 5:2 very helpful for re-losing and maintaining as well. I know you can do it, just no need to rush... or set yoursef up for a fall, you are here for the long run.

@@feedyoureye you said it. We can never let up.

Thanks

Go to this site support@livingafterwls.com

Back to basics

Go to this site support@livingafterwls.com

this is an email address... remove the support@ part first?....

Personally I do low carb, high fat, and I'm never hungry. I don't exercise much beyond a half hour walk each day. I Keep carbs below 20 g per meal, 60 per day. Those of you having trouble with hunger might give low carb a try.

I agree on the owner carb

Low carb. Hate auto correct

I'm always curious to hear from those who had 80 or less pounds to lose. I was sleeved 5/5/14. Starting weight 206, now152. My weight loss has stalled and I lost ZeRo this past month. Is this normal? I know everyone is different but I feel like I need a point of reference. As for my diet I stay around 1000 cal/day, 50 Protein and 45-65oz of Water. Plus... Alcohol. I do consume it but I work out at least 3x/week. Thoughts? My one year is close and I really need to lose 30 more lbs to be at my goal

I am not strictly low carb but I do avoid added sugars. If I keep them below 25g a day I am much less hungry. I do not count sugar that is naturally occurring such as I. fruit, milk etc.

I also avoid processed carbs and try to keep bread, potatoes in check. I am no longer trying to lose but I know from experience that if I bloat up I need to be careful with carbs. If you are struggling go a few days strictly off carbs sort of like Atkins induction to kill the cravings and get back on track.

Mine expired around 6 months. I maintain around my current weight, with very little thought, ever since then. I'm happy to be 90# smaller, but I still technically have 85# to go. I've tried rebooting, starving, calorie zig-zagging, carb loading, Keto diet, and I also workout 6-7 days a week (10-ish workouts/week), but to no avail. I've just given up & accepted that this is what I am.

I had my surgery 10/12. I went from 266 to 213. 213 was July 2013. I gained 10lbs, we went through a major move and lived in hotel for 2 months. Then we found out we were having a baby. I got back up to 260. I am still 260 baby was born 10 months ago. I have tried shakes, low carb I lost 10 gained it back. The difference for me is I was working out 5-6 days away post sleeve. Now not so much. I have a lot of excuses why and will get back because I do enjoy working out.... In the meantime I have an appt for upper gi tomorrow so dr can check sleeve.