Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery

Beckilynne we are on the same day... Best of luck you got this!!! Here's to a healthy new us and everyone else.

What time are you going in?

@@julez you are on 8/25? I'll be going in around 7:30am, I am second scheduled for the day. And yes, we BOTH got this!!! I'm trying to do last minute research stuff to take to the hospital and any tips I can find. What time are you going in?

Edited by BeckiLynne

I have to be there for lab work at 7:30 then to the surgery unit at 8:45 surgery is at 10:30.

Chargers, extension cord maybe. Some room spry.. Stuff teddy, non slip slippers

I'm so excited to have somebody on the same day. We'll have to keep each other updated on progress.

Yes please... If it makes it easier my email is jfitchtucker@gmail.com

mine is darlingbecki@me.com

Oh, that's exciting and scary!! I'm so excited for both of you. :)

Hi, Nicole! I'm Sept 9 too! Isn't this great to have people to share this with?!? I am getting ready for the nutrition class... Like right now! Waiting for it to start :) Really nervous about this but so helpful to read that others have the same thoughts/concerns. Are you doing a two week preop?

Ah, that is awesome! I had to do a nutrition class every month for the last 6 months. It definitely taught me a lot. I am very excited and nervous. I keep having wild dreams about what happens. Some of them they can't do the surgery because the hospital is on fire, other ones I go bike riding the day after surgery. It nutty. I don't have to do the two week pre-op, but I did get some samples from mybariatricpantry.com that I'm going to try for breakfast/lunch and then eat a light dinner. I know that's what most people do and I think I'd prefer to try to prepare myself mentally for what it's going to be like post-op. What about you? How did your nutrition class go?

I just got insurance approval this week!! YAH hope to have a Sept/Oct surgery date.

I am also on the 16th!

Me Too! Just got my surgery date today and I'm thrilled and scared. LOL.

Is anyone else a LAP band to bypass patient? I'd love to connect with someone else who is having surgery around the same time. Mine is Sept 15th.

I'm band to bypass as well. My band has slipped and I am so so so ready to get rid of it. I'm having surgery on the 16th of September. So excited!!

I'm band to bypass as well. My band has slipped and I am so so so ready to get rid of it. I'm having surgery on the 16th of September. So excited!!

That's great! Where do you live? Your profile is empty :)

That's great! Where do you live? Your profile is empty :)

I need to update my profile, sorry. I'm outside of Orlando, Florida. I'm praying that my surgeon can do both procedures at once. He said he's about 50/50 right now. I've had my band since 2005 and I'm concerned that I'll have to wait 3 months for the bypass. When I had my EGD he said he thinks he can do it but can't be sure until he gets in there and looks at the tissue.

Do you have to go on a liquid diet pre-op? I start on Sept 2nd.

I need to update my profile, sorry. I'm outside of Orlando, Florida. I'm praying that my surgeon can do both procedures at once. He said he's about 50/50 right now. I've had my band since 2005 and I'm concerned that I'll have to wait 3 months for the bypass. When I had my EGD he said he thinks he can do it but can't be sure until he gets in there and looks at the tissue.

Do you have to go on a liquid diet pre-op? I start on Sept 2nd.

I had my band placed in Jan 2004 so I am also concerned about what they will find when they get in there. My dr. routinely does it in one surgery, although the other major bariatric clinic in town does it only in two. My insurance only covers one wls in a lifetime (I had different insurance when it was put in) so I am really needing to do it that way. My surgeon does not require a liquid pre-op diet, but I am going to try to do one one my own starting Sept 2nd. I go to Tampa a couple of times a year because I have family there.

My surgery date is Sept. 3. I am in the middle of the liver shrink diet and am very weak from it. I am also getting very scared of the surgery and my emotions about it all are all over the place.. I have been heavy for many many years. Part of me is afraid of giving up my "shield" of fat. I don't know who I will be. I feel defenseless. I am having a very rough time right now with my emotions about it all. Is this usual? I really need support right now. I want to be healthy and do things in life I cannot do now, but this feelings of being defenseless has really gotten me down. Help me please.