Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery

I have had days like that. My dietician wants me to start the liquid diet an extra week in advance so I'm supposed to start the 25th of this month.... That part terrifies me. I mean 4 slimfast shakes a day?? I heard you're not hungry after surgery but the before time is a killer.

I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I'm looking forward to losing weight, but afraid I'll have days when I want to eat everything in sight! I heard that changes after surgery :)

Yea, I'm a living witness you are going to have days that you're going to want to eat up everything. But just stay strong and You Can Do It. It's a mind thing I usually just go for a walk when I get the urge to want to eat everything In site. You're almost there good luck and congratulations on your surgery date :) :) :).....

I'm Sept 3. Just finished my psych eval and support group yesterday and nutrition class today. Upper GI next week. I'm excited and nervous as well!!

All I am waiting on is my psych eval. I see her on the 22 of August...I sooo want to get this started..waiting 5 years for this.

I am hoping to have a Sept surgery. I will have all my requirements finished in the next two weeks and my insurance company said it should only take them a couple of days. (We'll see.) I don't have any pre-op diet to follow except full liquids the day before. So it all depends on how far out my surgeon is scheduling. Arrrrggghh - the wait is crazy-making!

Hi. I'm confused by everyones post referring to a liquid diet prior to surgery. I have not heard of that & that makes me nervous since my surgery is scheduled for September 17th. My psyche appt is next Tuesday & my preop is September 9th.

The main reason I wanted to write a post is because I have to lose 10 lbs prior to surgery. I have in 3 weeks lost 7 lbs. So excited & proud of myself & even though this surgery has been a long time coming, could I do this on my own? I know the answer to that, but is anyone else having a similar experience? My family questions my choice & I'm looking for some support. Thank you, Sarah

Sarah Bauer call your dietitian and check what the protocol is for the weeks leading up to surgery. As far as weight loss start using Protein Shakes and Protein Bars now. If you can replace two meals with a Protein Shake and just snack on high Protein things then you'll definitely lose some weight . I lost 11 pounds in July by doing that. Every post I've seen everything I've heard says there is a liquid diet prior to surgery. I've heard it be anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks . It all depends upon your surgeon and your nutritionist. I'm pretty sure the main goal with the weight loss is to shrink the liver by making it not so fatty. This allows more room inside your body when the doctors are doing their surgery

I'm September 2nd. SO excited and SO nervous - it seems like we all are kind of that way. :) I start my liquid diet on August 19th. I've ordered tons of samples of different high Protein, low sugar shakes just to have variety and see what I actually like. I would LOVE to be buddies! :)

I'm September 2nd. SO excited and SO nervous - it seems like we all are kind of that way. :) I start my liquid diet on August 19th. I've ordered tons of samples of different high Protein, low sugar shakes just to have variety and see what I actually like. I would LOVE to be buddies! :)

Where did you order your samples from?