Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As I said this nurse is a client and close friend of mine. I feel great this morning and called my doc office and they said what we did is exactly what they would have done. It is eerie to think about but truly is only about 20 seconds if that. I understand i am now Liable but I accept that 200 percent. Im happy and feeling great today ????

I had surgery June 30 and my drain was out before I left the hospital. I'd go get that thing out.

I would ask to speak to his nurse. The receptionist is not in a position to address this. Not her place.

I just don't understand why you did this

My ass would've been driving to the doctors office if it was that uncomfortable.

Anything could've gone wrong. Anything could still get infected. I hope your client friend understands the potential liability.

Once again a clear lack of advocating for oneself in the healthcare realm.

I never had a drain. Hope you get some relief soon!

ADaniel,

It's not easy to advocate for yourself in the healthcare environment. But in the future if your surgeon is not available to deliver the healthcare you need, require and are entitled to, it is their responsibility to help you find that healthcare.

If you told them that you were in pain and they still told you, "Just wait two more days until we have someone available to see you," that's not responsible healthcare. At all. In that situation, you are entitled to insist that you get better service.

If they can't help you, they should refer you to someone who will help you. Immediately.

Of course, etiquette and charm and communication and persistence always grease a negotiation. But whatever you need is what you need to negotiate from the people with whom you've contracted to care for you.

So, without feeling or sending any negativity, I agree with Jersrose's comment.

And, of course, I'm glad for you that you aren't in pain anymore.

Edited by VSGAnn2014

Wow, I would go to your local ER and have them remove the drain. Someone should be emptying it for you (at least). Wht would it be there so lo if you had no complications? GET IT OUT & don't do it yourself!!! You could internally bleed. Good luck!

I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope your positive attitude would also translate if you were to have a complication. Pulling JP drains is really no big deal - I've done it at least 100 times; however, I love my nursing license and there isn't a friend or family member that is worth me losing it over.

What your nurse friend did is a clear violation of the nurse practice act and she knows it. She shouldn't have put her license on the line for you, and you shouldn't have asked her to. Doesn't matter whether you agree or not and don't care to hear the "negative" responses. That was so not cool.

Ok people, this is my last response. I would never have posted here if i had known what idiotic responses I would get. Honestly its none of any of your damn business what I do. I will not be back on this forum but out enjoying my life in the presence of people who do not judge me without knowing me. Thank you to everyone who did not decide to be ignorant in your responses and best of luck to you in your weight loss journeys. Write your hearts out ignorant folks because i'm not reading another word of it!

Ok people, this is my last response. I would never have posted here if i had known what idiotic responses I would get. Honestly its none of any of your damn business what I do. I will not be back on this forum but out enjoying my life in the presence of people who do not judge me without knowing me. Thank you to everyone who did not decide to be ignorant in your responses and best of luck to you in your weight loss journeys. Write your hearts out ignorant folks because i'm not reading another word of it!

Hey I just want to say this forum has helped me in my year post op. It is very helpful. I know know one ment you any harm. We are in this all together. Please don't go away. We all understand and you are just in the beggining stages and really there is so many people here with great help and ideas. I'm glad you ate feeling better. We all have our own journey and you have a place to post positive or even upset posts. Hang in there and glad you are feeling better:)

Gosh, I love it when people are called out on their sh!t and resort to name calling. Classic.

1) No one would know your "damn business" if you had not posted it ASKING FOR HELP. So because you didn't feel like everyone supported your panicked state, we all must have it out for you right? I totally understand.

2) I wonder who really sounds ignorant here.....Hmmm, let me think. Patient has major abdominal surgery and has a drainage device placed under sterile (that means no germs for any "ignorant" readers here), and has her nurse friend pull out the device at home because she was impatient and could not wait to be seen by her surgeon. I'll wait.......

3) You slept great. I hope your nurse friend did too and I'm sure what you asked her to do and what she did doesn't come even close to being ignorant. I totally get it. Those folks that "don't judge you" sound just like you, no wonder you get along with them so well.

4) Good riddance. I'd hate for you to stick around and have another issue surface in your recovery, ask for help, and develop the logic of a 13 y.o. when everyone disagrees with you. Makes perfect sense to me. Be sure to take a backpack on your journey; that's what children carry their emotions and school supplies in.

5) I would wish you well, but I'm sure you wouldn't want happy thoughts from someone as ignorant as I. Oh, I forgot.....you won't be reading this anyway.

I was sleeved on Aug 4 and pulled mine out myself. The surgeon said it was easy to do and I did so today. I took a deep breath and exhaled while I pulled it out. Done and done.