Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bizarre complication- TMI warning

There is no polite way to say this. I think I am experiencing labial chafing! I have lost a LOT of weight in the past year of so and since wearing smaller clothes, I think all my clothes are rubbing on the extra skin near the vaginal/ labial area.

I have tried wearing looser clothes, but eventually pants etc do start rubbing, I wear pantiliners daily and I have tried every OTC remedy known to man (inc gold bond- don't try it- it is painful!!).

Anyone else experience this? Aside from vaginoplasty, what did you do?

Thanks!!

Hello I'm a dermatolgy nurse (not a doctor) once the chaffing occurs you can use an anti-fungal cream or a RX from your PCP Oxistat is great. To prevent the chaffing keep as dry as possible. It could mean changing, or using a gentle spray on deoderant. (test this first before applying)

Good luck!

Sounds awful and painful. I hope you find something that alleviates the chafing and the pain soon. If you do, please post here.

A lot of hospitals use Vaseline! It works for everything else. Doesn't hurt to try it!

Thanks everyone! I hope it goes away soon cause it is super unpleasant.

I'm so sorry you're going through this! I think you should definitely report this to your primary care doctor for two reasons:

1. To get some relief! They can give you the best product and advice to get through it.
  2. To report the skin irritation now so that maybe if it continues and you need surgery to remove excess skin there is a paper trail that you have been addressing this with your doctor and tried non-surgical fixes.

Good luck.