Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you most proud of since wls? Or what are you striving for? Most memorable moment?

biggest accomplishment? Proudest moment?

@@CTRose1160

just posted this somewhere - newest NSV??

parked too far away in the parking garage to reach the "ticket"

able to pull up my new teeny weeny rear end, stretch and get ticket :)

favorite NSV.......... :)

when i decided to "put myself" out there and volunteer at our local hospital :)

due to my lack of confidence/how i felt about myself :wacko:

i would never have gone out amongst "real" people before when i was "heavy"

look at me now!!! :)

kathy

Opps I meant "Grammy"

@@CTRose1160

hmmmmm

granny? grammy??

just don't call me late for dinner!!! :D

wait a minute - losing weight, worried about late for dinner :D

i don't think i should say that :blink: ;)

kathy

Walking 6 miles without tiring out.

Hiking for 5 hours.

More energy.

Better health..off of blood pressure meds.

Recently taking swimming lessons and swimming almost a mile so far Would like to do a triathalon ...one day. Making a vacation into a healthy one..i.e. eating healthy and hiking.....

and I'm over 60. !!!! You are never too old to change. If you want your life to change...you have to make changes to your life. Taking action is the key. I was very reluctant to have the gastric sleeve. I backed out several times. So happy that I had the surgery and made changes in my life.

Carlotta - love love love your accomplishments.....Its so nice to be able to go outside and feel free! Walking without getting tired, who would of thought! Keep up your amazing journey....oh and by the way, 60 is young!

I want to be able to ride properly again. Having horses and needing to ride almost everyday (that I'm home) having an extra 70 pounds on my body has thrown my balance out beyond comprehension. I have trouble walking out to catch them as I'm out of breath and in pain trying to climb the small hills where they graze, and I really want to be able to wear all the cute clothes available to girls of smaller sizes. I hate wearing my stretchy pants with boots and spurs. I also want to be able to get up on my horses without the aid of a mounting block, my arms just can't boost my butt up any more. So much to look forward to, A life of not hiding from the world I once knew and loved!

I'm with you on wanting to ride like I used to! I just don't feel as secure as I need to be. And wearing boots and breeches at 265 is not a pretty sight!

@I will what I want The green zone is the perfect lap band setting. It's different for all of us, and it may take multiple fills and tweaks. I'll get there some day, though! I think I may almost be there!

1. Playing PHYSICALLY for HOURS with my kids without being breathless

2. Being able to walk for some distance without being breathless

3. Being able to tie my shoes without being breathless

4. Not having to shop at Lane Bryant (loved that store, but I had no problems saying, "bye-bye."

5. Buying my first single digit size, size 8 (I cried and cried in the dressing room)

6. Kicking my husbands but at working out! He couldn't keep up (he's very fit) and he could only do half of my workout! And seeing the muscles in my legs from all the hard work I put into working out.

7. When my 2 & 4 year old girls did not know who the "chubby lady" is in the picture was (sad/happy moment because I will never allow myself to get that way again)

8. Being called skinny

9. Having confidence and feeling beautiful for the first time in over a decade

10. The day I didn't recognize my own reflection in a shop window and finally accepting the fact that I'm no longer fat.

Thanks for this. Love the stories. Love my sleeve.

I am just so happy I got my life back.

In HS I played football, ran track. Then went into the service and survived 2 tours in vietnam....came out, went to college, got married, then middle age set in and I grew lazier and lazier, and fatter and fatter...to the point then my health started to suffer in a big way.

I was tired of being a disgusting fat, lazy, unhealthy person.Saying that I had a very low self image....

I had/have no will power, self discipline to diet and loose weight on my own. If I could, believe me I would have.

So, as a last resort, I underwent lapband surgery. Did for me what I could not do on my own. EASIEST thing I could have ever done, wished I had done it 20 years sooner..

I am just so pleased and thrilled I am now at normal weight, wear normal size clothes, have my health back, have a high energy level to do just about anything I want to....have a high self esteem, and a high self image....

And most importantly of all...I will NEVER have to worry about diets and loosing weight ever again!!!

As long as the band is there, properly adjusted, doing the work for me in the background 24/7....

I'm 62 years old, and I feel like I'm in my 30's!!!

Thank you curvy and b-52 for sharing. These are great examples of just how life changing the surgery is for people....the surgery simply is life changing!

B-52 I also want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for serving our country. Thank you for fighting for our freedoms!

My family and I traveled to the Black Hills in South Dakota for the Independence Day Holiday. We climbed to the top of Harney' s Peak (highest peak east of the Rocky Mountains!).

I have lost of 205 pounds. At 331 pounds I would have stayed behind and read a book while my husband and son enjoyed the day and the amazing views. It was such a magical day being able to experience that with my family. I had celebrated my one year surgerversary - I can't express just how life affirming that experience was for me!

Carol

I'm almost 13 weeks out and down 75 lbs...and my big accomplishments so far are: doing my first 5k this past weekend (the Color Run, which we actually walked, but we still did it!) The goal for next summer in addition to the Color Run, is the Run for Your Life, Beast on the Bay (a 10-mile obstacle course) and hopefully a triathlon.

More personally, taking steps for surgery gave me the self-confidence necessary to go back to college...which is long overdue. And the big one: I'm able to shop for regular clothes now. I don't have to go into the plus section any more! I was so very excited to be able to buy an XL in regular activewear at Sears...I desperately needed some new workout clothes since my old ones are falling down :D I was so freaking happy about that!

what am i most proud off.. reading this post and listing to you all many things popped through my head - mostly i'm proud of me for taking control of my life back. as i gained the weight i found every reason under the sun not to visit my family. and turned down amazing opportunities to travel with work. mostly it was because it required getting on a plane. and getting on a plane meant i had to suffer with the seat belt.. of hiding the fact it wasn't closed - since my surgery i have been to San Diego, San Francisco, Durango, Boston, New York, Tel Aviv.. but most importantly i have a flight scheduled for sep for Dublin to go home and visit my Family.

This is what i'm proud of that i feel comfortable with how i look - i'm not even close to my ideal weight but i'm not that girl i was almost a year ago either. :P

oh and i guess i'm proud of my new clothes my 16yr old shared she was so glad i didn't dress like i was her grandmother any more but rather more like her MUCH older big sister/young mom..

got to love those kids for the words of truth they don't mind sharing...

Edited by intelirish

I'm most proud that now I match my husband.. He is a great looking fit body builder.. We have been married very happily 23 years and he loved me completely at 305 pounds and never once said anything but that I was beautiful and sexy. Now I feel like I match those words.