Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complications

Thank you all so much!! I truly appreciate all the prayers and concerns! I hope to get a lot more answers on Friday when I see an oncologist that specializes in that area of the body. The doc that called me into the office couldn't have been any nicer. He was the one that did my endoscopy. I'm thankful for him for being curious and taking the time to investigate further. I will keep you all updated. Again, thank you ❤️

Thank you all so much!! I truly appreciate all the prayers and concerns! I hope to get a lot more answers on Friday when I see an oncologist that specializes in that area of the body. The doc that called me into the office couldn't have been any nicer. He was the one that did my endoscopy. I'm thankful for him for being curious and taking the time to investigate further. I will keep you all updated. Again, thank you ❤️

Oh honey - I'm so sorry you are going through this. Thank goodness that doctor was curious and did the investigation. You are very gracious to be grateful and it doesn't surprise me you are a nurse. Please keep us updated...This may be a site for WLS but it is also a caring community of folks who support other.

I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, coming right after surgery. That's just unbelievable. But maybe if you hadn't had the surgery, they wouldn't have found the cancer until much later? I hope that turns out to make a huge difference in your treatment and outcome. You're in my prayers for sure!

We are all here for you! I thought about you a lot lastnight! Everything will be okay! Keep positive, as I said there are tons of different treatments these days and a lot of options. It will be okay it sounds like they found it in it's early stages! <3

Hope you receive a good report on your treatment options. Praying for you and your doctors.

I think having the feeling of "a pill stuck in your throat" may have saved your life! Praying that this is so and praying for you!

So how did it GO??? We are all anxious to hear how your visit with the oncologist went yesterday. I've been praying for you and thinking about you since we got the last update! Don't leave us hanging now sweetie!!!! How have you been feeling too? Hope to hear from you soon!

I appreciate all the support and prayers! I see the oncologist tomorrow morning.

The oncologist I met with was really nice. My bariatric surgeon also went to the meeting, which I was totally surprised about. He told me that my gastric bypass probably saved my life because of the complications I had, which lead to the endoscopy. He feels they caught it very early, which was comforting to hear. I have to undergo 5 rounds of radiation starting on this coming Thursday. Then I will have to repeat the PET scan and we will go from there. They are concerned with my nutritional status being so fresh out of surgery and all the nausea I have. But this to shall pass and I'm going to face one day at a time. Thanks for the love and prayers!!

Oh that sounds like great news! Praying this journey is not too hard for you and you come out healthy! :)

@@Nursemandyrn, what a lot to deal with right now. You didn't ask for this or want it on your plate. But surely, your bariatric surgeon is right -- without all the attention to your esophagus of late this would never have been diagnosed and treated.

Also, please let us know how we can support you further.

One other thing -- my husband has had a hiatal hernia for probably 45 years. Because of my upcoming VSG (this coming Monday) and his visits with me and my surgeon, he's soon going to have hiatal hernia surgery himself.

The oncologist I met with was really nice. My bariatric surgeon also went to the meeting, which I was totally surprised about. He told me that my gastric bypass probably saved my life because of the complications I had, which lead to the endoscopy. He feels they caught it very early, which was comforting to hear. I have to undergo 5 rounds of radiation starting on this coming Thursday. Then I will have to repeat the PET scan and we will go from there. They are concerned with my nutritional status being so fresh out of surgery and all the nausea I have. But this to shall pass and I'm going to face one day at a time. Thanks for the love and prayers!!

Just wondering, did you had an endocospy done before surgery?

Wishing all the best and quick recovery!