Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

made it 3 days without weighing myself

I had to put the scale away because I am obsessed with weighing myself. I managed not to weigh myself for 3 days and I got a nice surprise this I had lost 4 pounds. I am less than a hundred pounds to goal. Super excited!! Scale is staying in the closet.

I usually weigh myself every day....I haven't since Saturday because I've been in the hospital. I usually gain a few pounds while I am in the hospital because of all the fluids they pump into me.

I had to put the scale away because I am obsessed with weighing myself. I managed not to weigh myself for 3 days and I got a nice surprise this I had lost 4 pounds. I am less than a hundred pounds to goal. Super excited!! scale is staying in the closet.

Congratulations jtickle - I try to only weigh myself once a week - much more satisfying than all those daily ups and downs. You rock!

Great job with that. I weigh myself once a week, on monday, in the morning. And that is only to keep myself honest, not to get upset over a stall or to hope I lost more weight, although that is still happening.

I just made the same decision this morning! I plan to put the scale away and only pull it out once every TWO weeks. I plan to measure every month and take a progress photo the same day. Otherwise, all the numbers begin to drive me crazy and make me doubt myself. I can't afford the distraction! :)

I just made the same decision this morning! I plan to put the scale away and only pull it out once every TWO weeks. I plan to measure every month and take a progress photo the same day. Otherwise, all the numbers begin to drive me crazy and make me doubt myself. I can't afford the distraction! :)

I started freaking out thinking I wasn't losing fast enough. I have lost 56 pounds on two months. At this rate I will have lost 100 pounds in 4 months. That is probably fast enough, I guess seeing those number fluctuate really put doubts in my head that I was doing the right thing. Plus when I stalled I was really upset. Luckily it only lasted about 2 weeks. I am glad I put it in the closet. It's going to stay there until sometime next week.

Jtickle I'm jealous that's amazing I've been stalled for almost 2 weeks now and have lost only 15lbs since surgery.

Don't be jealous. When I stalled I gained 8 pounds. I was so mad. The scale just made it worse that's why I put the scale up in my closet.

I've been thinking about putting the batteries for my scale in a different part of the house to prevent me from weighing myself too frequently. If I know I just have to pull the scale out of a closet it's too easy. If I have to get the batteries and take them up two flights of stairs to the scale I might not weigh myself so frequently!

I don't find it a big deal to weigh myself every day. Some days I have lost 2 lbs, sometimes 1. Sometimes none. I just think about what I did the day before and what I should change about it and things normally work their way out.

I weigh myself every day if possible.

Of course this isn't possible when traveling (guessing TSA may question me bringing a scale in my carry-on) and I've yet to find a way to bring it camping with me.

But beyond that I would go crazy without hearing that computerized voice tell me to hold still until finally calling out my weight.

I admit, I have cursed at her a few times, called her a liar (or worse), but just as pik mentioned, it helps me keep reviewing what I did the previous day or two and gives me a little extra boost for adding a few minutes to my workout, re-analyzing my meal plan for the day, or sometimes just encouraging me to take the stairs all the way to the top floor then back down to the 2nd floor where my office is.

In another 25 pounds when I hit maintenance mode, I think this is going to be critical for me to keep on track as well.