Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Southern Illinois area?

Having gastric sleeve done in a few weeks

Are you still active? Just looking for someone else in Illinois. I am near Springfield.

Just saw your post how is your weight lost going. I was sleeved March 23,2015 and it's going really slow

Southern Illinois here! *raises hand* :)

I'm a new sleever having just been sleeved this past Tuesday (Jan 5th). Would love to meet up with locals sometime in the future.

Lived in Mt. Vernon for a couple years......does that count ?

My family still lives down in the Clinton county area.

I'm a new sleever having just been sleeved this past Tuesday (Jan 5th). Would love to meet up with locals sometime in the future.

OMG I had my sleeve Jan 5th too. How are you doing?

Hi there surgery twin! :) I'm doing great. I'm on the soft foods phase now..have been for a little over a week. Baked and grilled boneless skinless chicken breast is getting kinda old but sure beats puree any day! How are you doing?

Hi there surgery twin! :) I'm doing great. I'm on the soft foods phase now..have been for a little over a week. Baked and grilled boneless skinless chicken breast is getting kinda old but sure beats puree any day! How are you doing?

Im doing good. Not eating much but craving a lot of things. The premier Protein helps me just to get something in. Are you on full exercise mode? I know this surgery is my life change but I still have not energy. I need to start!!! I have lost 19.5lbs I know we are all different but would like to hear from you!!! Please!!!!

Im doing good. Not eating much but craving a lot of things. The premier Protein helps me just to get something in. Are you on full exercise mode? I know this surgery is my life change but I still have not energy. I need to start!!! I have lost 19.5lbs I know we are all different but would like to hear from you!!! Please!!!!

I'm so glad you're doing well! I know it is very hard. I have been craving cold stuff so have been eating a ton of sugar free popsicles. I eat them all day long but stop half an hour before I eat of course. I honestly do not have any energy either. I stay really sleepy and I think that is pretty normal. I was walking the first couple of weeks afterward but now I haven't been and I have got to start back walking and doing other exercises as well. At my one month follow up I had lost 21 pounds. It's gonna be alright. We just gotta keep moving forward. :)

I'm so glad you're doing well! I know it is very hard. I have been craving cold stuff so have been eating a ton of sugar free popsicles. I eat them all day long but stop half an hour before I eat of course. I honestly do not have any energy either. I stay really sleepy and I think that is pretty normal. I was walking the first couple of weeks afterward but now I haven't been and I have got to start back walking and doing other exercises as well. At my one month follow up I had lost 21 pounds. It's gonna be alright. We just gotta keep moving forward. :)

Thank you for responding!!! Well I guess we are for real twins???? we have lost about the same amount of lbs. I'm still on my 19.5 lbs lost and it's almost 6weeks???? however, today Sunday I had a date with my treadmill. I did 30 min and burned 310 calories. I figured something is better than nothing and I really needed to start somewhere. I get disappointed when I don't see the scale moving, it's always been so hard for me to lose weight and now I've confirmed it, I have the sleeve and it's still hard.

MetroEast lady right here! Waiting on approval letter!