Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humiliated for last time

Today as I was at work a little boy says daddy she's fat , daddy daddy look she's fat! I held back the tears till I got to the bathroom, god it hurt so bad! And the fact that he was an innocent little boy , who was just calling like he saw it , is what hurt the most. Having that happen just made me more ready that ever! 9/3/14 I will be reborn!

I'm so sorry that happened to you but your going to be healthier in a few days you got this .

Edited by Cupcake

I so understand what you felt and I'm sorry it happened to you. I have 5 year old twin boys and they were constantly asking me why I was fat, did I have another baby in my stomach and if I ate too much food? and not always in private. They would also ask if people in public ate to much food but always with a very concerned innocent face. They're honesty which my husband and older boys (18 and 15) know better then to show is what made me push forward with the surgery. Your day is right around the corner stay strong.

You know what..that father should have knelled down beside that little boy and told him that God made people in all shapes and sizes. Not to mention colors. It would have been a good time to teach his son that all men are equal no matter who they are. But no! He didn't did he. Instead he allowed him to say what he thought without a word because that kind of thing is taught! Children are innocent until they are taught otherwise.

I don't buy it that kids say those mean things because of innocents. I feel they are not taught better at home!

I know what that feels like because I have experienced it myself. My sisters daughter would ask her mom in front of me " Why is auntie J so much bigger then you mom." And then her mom would say now...That's not nice with a smile on her face.....She was almost promoting the rudeness....

Sorry don't 100 % buy the honestly of innocence. And if it was by sheer accident.. There would not be a second time!

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

I am so sorry that that happened to you. That was one of my triggers to have the surgery done to I was walking my dogs and two little boys were bouncing on the trampoline in the backyard and they were chanting there is a fatty there is a fatty I think it's true I think kids learn cruelty from their parents I hope my son never learns to be cruel from me. I will live as an example to see the love, good, fact that we are all Gods children.

i can't even begin to tell you how many people have asked me over the past few years 'when are you due'.

this was especially hard because of two things:

1. most of these people i see on a regular basis and i didn't think i was changing that much

2. i went through years of fruitless infertility treatments including an IVF which eventually got me one child, and then more years of fruitless treatments that never worked and led us to adoption. these two kids are AWESOME but when you're an infertility girl, your emotions are very raw and it made me even sadder to face that daily.

Dunno if this helps, but I would have smacked the shit out of my kid if they did that. Being rude is not okay.

I think any of us that were overweight, regardless of how much, have had to deal with this whether we actually heard people say it or not. It's very sad that we are judged by our physical appearance.

I do agree that the dad should have taken the opportunity to speak to his child & let him know that people do come in all types of shapes & sizes, and that it's not polite to say things that can be hurtful. Perhaps the parent just didn't know what to say.

I'm sorry it made you sad. It's not an easy thing to hear. Unfortunately, many or most of us can relate some how. In a month or so you will be given a tool that will help you eat less, and hopefully this will help you learn how to start making good / healthier decisions. It's quite the journey, but I assure you, it's well worth it.

Best of luck!

I cried when I read this because I've been there. What's worse is when people say"you're not big enough for surgery, you're just chunky or chubby" Oh that's great just what I wanna hear. Leave me alone and let me do this for myself. I'm not hurting them. I'm really sensitive right now because I feel I'm at an all time low because I'm at an all time high on my weight. Even when someone says Wow you're going to be a real hottie after surgery. I think"wtf do I look like now? " how did I get here? Well one day at a time to the road back to being thin and healthy and feeling good and confident. August 15th. Hurry up and get here. I can't wait for August 2015 actually. Hopefully fabulous after photos!

The few times a child has said that to me I have smiled and said "Yes, I am!" When they have asked why I just tell them I ate too much candy. At that age, they are just trying to figure out the world. Its the grown folks with no manors or tact who I grieve for. Why would want anyone else lioks like would be their business is beyond me.

The few times a child has said that to me I have smiled and said "Yes, I am!" When they have asked why I just tell them I ate too much candy. At that age, they are just trying to figure out the world. Its the grown folks with no manors or tact who I grieve for. Why would want anyone else lioks like would be their business is beyond me.

I agree with you. My children are far from rude but in reality I was much bigger than most of our immediate family. I don't think that they ever intended to hurt my feelings or anyone else's for that matter but they are only five (now) and they question everything not just why are people fat. I always make a point to explain to them that it is not polite to hurt people's feeling but I'm not sure they completely understand why the question is any different than the hundreds of others they asked that day.

Today as I was at work a little boy says daddy she's fat , daddy daddy look she's fat! I held back the tears till I got to the bathroom, god it hurt so bad! And the fact that he was an innocent little boy , who was just calling like he saw it , is what hurt the most. Having that happen just made me more ready that ever! 9/3/14 I will be reborn!

I am Sept 3rd also. Good luck.

You know what..that father should have knelled down beside that little boy and told him that God made people in all shapes and sizes. Not to mention colors. It would have been a good time to teach his son that all men are equal no matter who they are. But no! He didn't did he. Instead he allowed him to say what he thought without a word because that kind of thing is taught! Children are innocent until they are taught otherwise.

I don't buy it that kids say those mean things because of innocents. I feel they are not taught better at home!

I know what that feels like because I have experienced it myself. My sisters daughter would ask her mom in front of me " Why is auntie J so much bigger then you mom." And then her mom would say now...That's not nice with a smile on her face.....She was almost promoting the rudeness....

Sorry don't 100 % buy the honestly of innocence. And if it was by sheer accident.. There would not be a second time!

Sorry God didn't make me fat, I did and for me the question is no different than a child asking why is someone in a wheelchair or blind. My children have never laughted at a fat person I would never allow it but I will say as a parent children do ask questions at the wrong time and it can be off putting.

Sorry God didn't make me fat, I did and for me the question is no different than a child asking why is someone in a wheelchair or blind. My children have never laughted at a fat person I would never allow it but I will say as a parent children do ask questions at the wrong time and it can be off putting.

Ah I said that!