Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need an exercise partner

I have come back to the Forum because my weight is creeping back on. I have committed to WLS eating again, but I know I need to exercise as well. I would like to have someone partner with me because I can't do this on my own. I have a Fitbit that will keep track of my activity. My goal for the next week is to get 10,000 steps in daily.

Any takers?

I wish I were near you, because I am going to be looking for one also. Exercise is so much better and easier with a buddy!

Good luck finding someone! =)

You can do it online, here, in a thread. :Post your daily activities, and keep a running total to keep it competitive!

Good luck!

I tried exercising with a buddy. i didnt like it at all. She was more fit then i was and it made me feel bad about myself. So then i started making up excuses not to go to the gym. :(

Now i go alone 3 times a week, the gym has daycare so i take the kids and spend an hour of working out quietly by myself. i find it therapeutic and i can go at my own pace without feeling any pressure. My kids are 4 and 8 and with it being summer they are with me all day long no breaks. Anyone else enjoy working out alone or am i the odd duck ? :D

Moxy, congratulations on your impressive weight loss!

I have come back to the Forum because my weight is creeping back on. I have committed to WLS eating again, but I know I need to exercise as well. I would like to have someone partner with me because I can't do this on my own. I have a Fitbit that will keep track of my activity. My goal for the next week is to get 10,000 steps in daily.

Any takers?

I've actually joined a 'fitness challenge' on FB via I'mperfectlife. Basically, you set your exercise goal for the month (mine this month is cycling 200 miles), and log your amount daily. I've found the community there very supportive, and it's helps accountability. You could always start a similar thread on here for say, August Fitness Challenge: Set a goal and stick to it! If you set your own goal, you don't have to compete with anyone but yourself, and others would be welcome to join in for support.

I tried exercising with a buddy. i didnt like it at all. She was more fit then i was and it made me feel bad about myself. So then i started making up excuses not to go to the gym. :(

Now i go alone 3 times a week, the gym has daycare so i take the kids and spend an hour of working out quietly by myself. i find it therapeutic and i can go at my own pace without feeling any pressure. My kids are 4 and 8 and with it being summer they are with me all day long no breaks. Anyone else enjoy working out alone or am i the odd duck ? :D

I"m the same way about working out Moxy! I started a c25k app which I love, and then my hubby started it, so we could do it together...hmmmm. Nice he's wanting to get in shape, but I actually like the quiet of jogging or working out with just my mind drifting, tunes in my head and no conversation except my own self telling myself that I can do one more rep, one more block, one more--whatever. Anyway, we do the walk/jog thing together sometimes, but not all the time. I still much prefer the gym as a solo experience - definitely!

I do however love my fitbit, and got him one too. Now we check in on each other's progress and cheer each other on that way too. And hey - great job on your weight loss, and with two small kids? WOW!

I"m the same way about working out Moxy! I started a c25k app which I love, and then my hubby started it, so we could do it together...hmmmm. Nice he's wanting to get in shape, but I actually like the quiet of jogging or working out with just my mind drifting, tunes in my head and no conversation except my own self telling myself that I can do one more rep, one more block, one more--whatever. Anyway, we do the walk/jog thing together sometimes, but not all the time. I still much prefer the gym as a solo experience - definitely!

I do however love my fitbit, and got him one too. Now we check in on each other's progress and cheer each other on that way too. And hey - great job on your weight loss, and with two small kids? WOW!

Hi Kate...wondering what you can tell me about the fitbit. I have heard people talking about it here and there...

I'm not sure where you are but would love to partner up. I too need to start exercising. The weight is slowly coming back and I can't have that.

I'm game. I love my fitbit. It keeps me moving. Basically it's a pedometer but there's an app or you can go online and look at your progress. I have mine linked to MFP.

I will log here or you can friend me on fitbit if you have one.

Today was a good day for me. I logged 16,277 steps.

I just checked out the fitbit. Had no idea what it was before. I am actually going order this little bad boy ASAP. From what I see, it's awesome!!

These fitbits seem neat but to me they are kind of expensive.....a hundred bucks?!?

Hi Kate...wondering what you can tell me about the fitbit. I have heard people talking about it here and there...

I love my Fitbit One! It's about an inch and a quarter long, half inch wide, and has a super sturdy clip that I hook onto my bra so it's unseen and secure. It measures how many steps I take each day, but also number of flights of stairs i climb, how far I go and even attempts to tell me how many calories it thinks I've burned on a given day. I love that it has an 'alert' feature on the Fitbit One (the cheaper one doesn't have this) that I can set as often or whatever time and frequency I want, and it'll vibrate just enough to let me feel it - which is my reminder twice a day to get up from my desk and take a walk around the building, so i don't stay too sedentary. All that is just on the device's little window! Then I can see a more full report on my handheld phone and on my computer (or ipad). On phone and ipad and computer I can enter the foods I eat (like using myfitnesspal - or you can even link it to your myfitnesspal account) and it calculates how much I can still eat and stay within my goals for burning calories for the day. So on a super active day it'll say i have more left to eat while still keeping a 1000 cal deficit. I don't pay any attention to that calculation really, since i typically try to eat the same calories each day. It's been really accurate when I've checked it against mapping or other calculators, but you have to set your stride length and tell it your stats for it to do that accurately. They're about $100 but I had a loyalty coupon from Best Buy that knocked off $15, so good deal. Honestly, If I lost it or wrecked it, I'd buy another one tomorrow! It's essential for me keeping track and keeping motivated.

Also - (Sorry if TMI) I got one for my hubby, and my niece and I have 'friended' each other on it too, so we can all check to see who's ahead with steps or stairs - and it doesn't share anything you don't want, like weight or food or anything. Finally, I accidentally went swimming with it on once, and it dried out just fine. Others have said you can do that maybe one time, but the second time they got it soaked it died. I"m hoping NOT to do it again obviously! Good luck - go check them out.