Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, bocco, today I had a pepperoni stick and 3 Wasa crackers, a chicken sesame lean cuisine minus the peppers and green Beans, and a half of cheese sandwich. Ice tea and water.... -_-

Hi May Sleevers! WARNING: Gets a little whiny towards the end. It's Friday, it's been a long week.

I was sleeved 5/23/2014. I lost 31 lbs prior to surgery & 60 since...for a total of 91# lost! I have weighed between 200.8-200.2 all week....Onederland is proving to be elusive this week. Maybe next week.

I am tolerating all kinds of new things each week, although some things just. don't. agree. I hate to admit it, but I am still throwing up a few nights a week during dinner, because I eat too much, too fast. It has been an ongoing issue that I've been working really hard to overcome. It's just hard to change 30 years of eating habits...but I'm staying relentless! I have been placing a renewed emphasis on eating at the table, with the TV off, and no distractions, and my partner has even slowed down his eating from this. All good things. Water still makes me nauseous, esp if it is cold, esp in the morning. I can sip Water later in the day and I am ok. Gulping/cold/too early in the am is when I get sick and the water comes back out.

I still forget to take my Vitamins sometimes. I still have not found a chewy Calcium citrate that is affordable and not totally gross-tasting. Much to my NUT's dismay, I've been taking Calcium carbonate instead. I figure it's better than none at all? I have bought a few kinds of the sitrate and they've all been expensive and too nasty to tolerate.

I'm getting married in 9 months and we are paying for the wedding ourselves- it's a small budget. I did nto plan on havig to buy new clothes every month, but that's kind of where I'm at. It has been stressful because I don't want to look like a total schlub and baggy clothes are not flattering or professional. I've been spending about $50-$100/months on clothes and it makes me kind of happy, because it is fun shopping in size 14/16 (better than 22, anyway), but I can't afford to! SO many of my friends just say 'Well, THAT'S a great problem to have!" I keep being told how great my problems are to have, but none of these chicks have ever been fat, and they've all been sharing clothes with each other our whole lives and no one else has had to pay for their own wedding, and blah blah blah...i wish I had some fat or formerly fat friends :(

TL;DR

I'm doing great and I am extremely happy with my sleeve and would do it all over again.

@oolismom I'm sorry you're having such tsuris (Yiddish for worries, problems). It can be so devastating when we feel like our bodies are letting us down. You mentioned getting "old" but you look really young in your picture!! For me, I have lost a bunch of weight but I still have a BMI of 38- that's pretty dang obese, if anyone's counting. So, even though we've made all this progress, there's still a ways to go. Maybe as additional weight comes off, you will feel some of the pressure off your knee and spine?

Also... I hate to get negative here, but doesn't it seem like, when you're overweight, doctors blame nearly every medical problem on being overweight? I mean...I have been going through this for years, ESPECIALLY during my 5 years with Kaiser...it was all about my weight, all the time. even...when I had a skin rash or bronchitis...I think "You're Fat" is a super simple answer that the medical community gives us. Sometimes they are right, but other times, it feels like they're just not trying (or listening). It sounds like in your case, losing weight should help, but it's not a magic cure for other recurring issues. I hope your medical team listens to you as a patient and you get all the care you need. {{{HUGS}}}

Hmmm I stopped eating process foods pretty much . I make most of it . Like tuna , I use avacado tuna sunflower seeds 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs parm cheese , pepper and garlic mix it all together and make 3 servings or 2 out of it . Some time I do every thing the same but add mayo instead of avacado . And I will use salmon also . I eat 2 serving of watermelon a day . I will get Greek yogurt and surger free pudding . I also love baby bell lights so I will have a few of them . I will make shredded chicken or just a chicken Brest and nibble on that . But I eat every 2 hours 4 oz of something . And some times I will go through del taco order half order of pinto Beans add turkey and cheese and red sauce . Or Taco Bell and just get the pinto beans and cheeee . But I have not ate any TV dinners yet not planing on it .

But who knows . I know I have to add flavors to my food I make for the most part ms dash is my friend . To make it all taste good . Try to get creative with your food choices .

As far as the pain I am in the same boat I was hit head on in 91 so I have a lot of traumatic arthritis . And metal rods and pins throughout my body . And that all I would her from dr lose the weight and it will get better well my highest weight was 484 got down to 439 then lap banded 2 times to get me to 357 . Then sleved 357 to 285 . My pain is still there still have problems walking my back upper neck area still in pain . So I feel you . But I will say it's getting easier to walk but still no wear that is pain free . Next step is going to see about corrective surgery on my left ankle and knees hope that will help me . But never give up .

Now the things I noticed after surgery sleeve is Constipation frequent . I don't drink enough Water and heart burn from hell I take Pepcid and prilosac togather that seems to help . Well cheer up don't get down it will start to get better

Hey all im now down 80 lbs since may 5th and 92 since December 13. I just feel like im at a stand still ive lost about 5 or 10 lbs in a months time. This is getting frustrating. I did start using quinoa hummus quac for Protein Bars I eat kind bars and the luna bars sometimes. Ive fallen off track and ate junk food but then my body feels like shit. I see that food was an addiction and eating fast food or junk food is still a hurdle to overcome even though I was doing great for months. The thing is it doesnt even taste as good as it used to but I feel like j need it sometimes. I buy the dark choc covered strawberries by dole low calories and dark choc isn't super bad for u. Ive been walking and working out with my eliptical and hand weights to tone my arms. I wish I could never eat junk and take the temptation away I do work at a grocery store, probably the worst place after surgery. :-(

Wow...i feel like a toad now....lol....Bocco your body is ten times more broke up than mine and I'm whining???? Ya shoulda told me to "Shut the hell up"....Holy hell....I'm like you, when I feel like eating, I prefer to "create" my own Protein meals and flavors....I use the Weight Watchers/Lean Cuisines for lazy, don't want a bunch of food meals because they have a good portion of Protein in them...A lot of sodium that I don't like but like I said, lazy times....Fast foods I don't do, period. I've had too many friends work in the industry and I know the yuck in those foods, so I stay away from them.....But I do like Chipotles more natural get what you want TexMex food....

ChavaBling-Thank you for the compliment I am 51 and defffinately don't look it (fat don't crack! I always say, lolol) but damn does the body let ya down at times....I've never asked for help from anyone except for when by back goes out and it pisses me off...I'm used to always goin and takin care of my mom and trying to help my dad, do what I can, keep household and animals inline and I get really frustrated when I'm not "in control"....I'm not one for doing much away from home because I'm in school all week, have homework and 2, 79yr olds(parents) that I help out , so when I'm down it hurts our "system" I guess you could call it...You notice that all the docs that tell us to lose the weight are always twig bodies too? Just wanna shove a Twinkie up their noses....Ass', walk in our shoes!!!

Thank you guys for all your helpful words....I know I'm in a down cycle of my "head trips" (bi-pole) so I know this will pass but I wasn't sure if my food taste-lessness was changing again or if the farther out I get do I lose my appetite again before it comes back.....I just wasn't sure if it was the bi-po or the hormonal thing with the stomach changes, ya know what I mean???? And with my regular doc out till Dec. I just thought I would run it by y'all....so Thank you guys.....

kim

We are in it together. I haven't lost much weight since mid Aug and the all of a sudden I've lost 3 pounds this week. It really makes me believe that our bodies are going to do what they are going to do. So far 63 pounds since May 1. I have mostly been getting new clothes from Value Village or people giving me stuff. When I have bought new I have been buying very stretchy 16 or 18. Pretty fun! Keep calm May sleevers we are on the losers bench and not going anywhere - as long as it takes :)

Edited by jodyjetson

Yayyyyyy Jodyjetson.....

I have given soooo many clothes away, most of them new, and am waiting to buy till I lose another size I think.....If I can wait that long....

Good job....

kim

I always hungry any tips my stomach is always growling this is my third month as well my problem is that I did my surgery in a a different state I had to move .however I lost my job I. M haven't. Been to the doctor September . I don't have a scale but I can see I lost weight I need to find a job quick this is why I need people's input. On what to eat how much ok like today this moirning I. Had a tuna fish salad with premium n I salted crackers like six crackers lunch a grilled chicken on whole wheat bread with Muriella cheese for dinner a baked chicken breast right now it 44am I went int the refrigerator and had. Motts on the go apple sauce I sneaked my daughter three cheese ritz cracker s I need your help to guide me encourage me please I'm depressed everyone here talk with me tell me what you eat every day so I can have guidelines . Thank a lot for acknowledging me you'll are the best keep up the good encouraging work tell me what you'll are eating today I will follow your lead

Hang in there buddy! It's tough when there are other things going on in your life and you want to go back to the old habit of using food to compensate. Drink more Water. It honestly does work to fill you up and takes the desire of eating away. Right now I'm eating 3 meals - Protein based - tuna, chicken, Beans. No more than a cup of food at a time. Then I have a Greek yogurt, cheese string, piece of fruit, almonds for a snack a couple times a day. I often have crackers (about 5 or 6) through out the day because I like the crunchy feeling. Try to distract yourself from using food to sooth yourself and focus on being proud of yourself of your weight loss accomplishments. Re the job - use all your connections - networking is a great way to finding work. Stay positive and believe /visualize yourself getting the right job for you. Make a list of what you want. The power of intention works (sorry for the rant, I hope it's helpful).

Hi I had my sleeve on May 31 2014 and every thing seems good minus not pooping reg or no urge to poo . But my question is has any one got queasy after eating this is new feeling before I could eat np now I feel like I just want to puke ? And I get that way if I drink a muscle milk also