Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Idk if I made the right choice

I had my surgery June 18, 2014. I've lost 40 lbs so far. I'm happy about the weight loss but I don't feel good a lot of the time. I'm very tired, making it hard to exercise. I usually get sick when I eat, regardless of what it is. I'm hoping it gets better as it's still new. Wish me luck. Any meal tips are appreciated.

I had tons of problems early on... crazy nausea, needing tons of sleep, inability to eat much of anything, couldn't get my supplements or ven Water down... it was a rough go. Hubby would come home from work and I would go to bed and sleep 14+ hours. Now, 9 months later, I feel SO much better than even before the surgery. I still hve to watch what I eat, lots of foods make me sick, every once in a while I'll crash hard where I literaly can't do anything but lay down. But for th most part my back pain is way down, I'm sleeping a more normal amount again, can take any meds I need and can keep up with anyone around me. Plud you just feel more comfortable being involved and having fun when all that extra weight isn't packed on.

Point is, I've been there, it WILL get better, you will not regret it. Take time to recooperate, sleep extra, sit down more, don't worry about the exercising until you can make it through a normal day without being completely exhausted. Your body will let you know when it is ready to exercise. Right now, it may do you more harm than good t push yourself. Good luck.

Oh and sugarfree koolaid (make it with splenda instead f sugar) and string cheese are pretty much what I live on... have been for the last 6-7 months. Weird but they NEVER upset my stomach.

I was really happy about getting the gastric sleeve prior to surgery but I've been having a lot of regrets since. I underestimated the extent to which I depended on food for emotional gratification, for a social outlet, for comfort.

Oh how I fee your feeling if regret! .......I hade my sleeve done July 24th....... I can't even drink water! I'm currently sitting in my living room hooked up to IV fluids!

Oh how I fee your feeling if regret! .......I hade my sleeve done July 24th....... I can't even drink water! I'm currently sitting in my living room hooked up to IV fluids!

My sympathies!

Edited by LaChasida

My sympathies!! Does the IV at least help you feel hydrated? I keep hoping my post-surgical regrets will dissipate in time, when I feel more like myself and start seeing some results? But it's awfully hard not to question my decision (and my investment!) when I'm feeling so physically unwell.

I'm on solid foods. I've had 2 strictures which the did nothing for just biopsied. Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping it will get better.

I was really happy about getting the gastric sleeve prior to surgery but I've been having a lot of regrets since. I underestimated the extent to which I depended on food for emotional gratification, for a social outlet, for comfort.

This is a fear of mine as I move forward. I'm doing okay as of now, 5 weeks out, but I fear it for the future. Have you thought about counseling for the issues that bring you to food? I ask because now that I'm feeling recovered from surgery I'm starting to seek out the tools I can use to fix THAT part of what went wrong for me. I see the sleeve as only one part of helping me get healthier. I didn't get to be morbidly obese just because I ate too much. There had to be more so I'm going to do counseling, some reading, and bariatric support groups. Are any (or all!?) of those something you think might help you? I really do think we have to change our way of seeing food.

I had a hard time with Water too. I had to mix it with sugar free diet Snapple or Gatorade. That lowers the surface tension and then it would go down. If I did not discover that I would have been on an IV too.