Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calorie Intake 3+ months Post Op

Just curious...those of you that are 3 months + post op, how many calories are you consuming? I average about 600-800 a day. 800 is really pushing it. What do some of you take in? I am addicted to the MyFitnessPal app....I record everything that I put into my mouth.

I'm get about 1000 calories a day. I don't track everyday but a couple times a week to make sure I'm staying at my goal. My goal range from NUT 800 - 1200 and I find I'm almost always exactly at 1000.

I don't find it difficult to reach enough calories so I'm calorie conscious even on days I don't track to make sure I stay under.

Edited by squeaker31

I am at 7 months now and am trying for 1000 a day, but its hard to get that much in. My first 6 months were 600-800

I am 6 weeks out and eating between 300-500 per day. I have only lost 25lbs and this seems awfully slow to me. I am also walking 30 min per day. Any suggestions on dropping the weight faster. Not sure what else to do??

I am 6 weeks out and eating between 300-500 per day. I have only lost 25lbs and this seems awfully slow to me. I am also walking 30 min per day. Any suggestions on dropping the weight faster. Not sure what else to do??

First off, 25 pounds in six weeks is not slow! I don't know where some people are getting these unrealistic expectations of how fast they should be dropping weight post-sleeve. I haven't had mine yet (scheduled for Sept. 1), but I've done a TON of research and watched a lot of youtube videos and read a lot of blogs from post-op sleevers and I am hoping to be able to lose about 10 pounds per month post-op. If you've lost 25 pounds in 6 weeks, that means you're already 20 pounds ahead of my 6 week goal!

Secondly, I think 300-500 calories a day is too little 6 weeks out. You should be aiming for 600 I would guess. Have you talked to your nutritionist?

Thanks JamieLogical...just expecting too much I guess.

I am also addicted to my fitness pal!! Hah I am 3 months and a few weeks out and my doc said to try and hit between 800 to 1000 calories... Eating as much Protein as possible first then veggies if room. I have my fitness pal set to 45 percent protein 30 percent fat 25 percent carbs I try to stay under 50 grams of carbs daily... I do 20 min on the treadmill shooting for three days a week but not always getting there. I hardly ever get all of the Water in they want me to have.. Haha I average about 40 oz... I have one glass of fat free milk a day and eat Greek yogurt for Snacks cheese stick.. Try hard to get my Calcium from food so I don't need supplements. If you want friend request me on my fitness pal I have my diary open for viewing. I do treat myself occasionally but only occasionally meaning once in a blue moon! Haha I have lost 20 pre op pounds and 53 post op pounds so far! I just started doing some strength training but starting out slowwww haha

I am averaging about 3 pounds per week lost. I walk/run Mon-Thurs and so strength training as well. I try to eat ONLY Protein. No veggies/no carbs. Some days it is possible, some days it is not. For the most part, I stay on track. I DO NOT have unrealistic goals. I am more than happy with 3 pounds per week.

I am 12 weeks post-op. For a while it was hard to get more than 500-600 calories in. Now I am averaging about 800 a day. I am using MFP also. It is a great way to keep track on what I am getting in. I am tracking all my Water intake and my Vitamins there also. It is really helpful. As long as I am gradually able to increase my caloric intake, my NUT feels this is okay for me. I am averaging about 3 lbs a week also. Down 51 lbs since my 2 week pre-op diet. It is okay to only lose 1 lb and sometimes even have a stall. Just keep track of everything and make sure you take all your Vitamins and try to get as close to your goal of Water as you can.

I'm 7.5 months post op. I seem to be around 850 - 1000 calories per day. My appetite is increasing and frankly it freaks me out a little. I try to stay around 800 calories but struggle to stay that low. I couldn't lose at 1100 calories a day last year pre-surgery, so nearing that mark again makes me fear my weight loss will stop (which it has as I'm stalled right now). I'm also on lite exercise right now because of a hip injury that I'm utilizing physical therapy for. I had to stop Zumba and C25K for the time being.

I may try adding a little fat to my diet to see if it helps the hunger. Just a little - like full fat dairy, nuts in a controlled portion or some avocado.

Thanks JamieLogical...just expecting too much I guess.

The good news is you ARE losing weight and a lot of it! Definitely consider increasing your calories a bit. Just try ot for a few days and see if it helps at all.

Just curious...those of you that are 3 months + post op, how many calories are you consuming? I average about 600-800 a day. 800 is really pushing it. What do some of you take in? I am addicted to the MyFitnessPal app....I record everything that I put into my mouth.

At 3 months I was 800. Now at 1 year I try for 1200 to 1400

I generally get between 800 and 1200 calories a day. Higher end on the days I go to the gym, less on the days I don't.

I am 12 weeks post-op. For a while it was hard to get more than 500-600 calories in. Now I am averaging about 800 a day. I am using MFP also. It is a great way to keep track on what I am getting in. I am tracking all my Water intake and my Vitamins there also. It is really helpful. As long as I am gradually able to increase my caloric intake, my NUT feels this is okay for me. I am averaging about 3 lbs a week also. Down 51 lbs since my 2 week pre-op diet. It is okay to only lose 1 lb and sometimes even have a stall. Just keep track of everything and make sure you take all your Vitamins and try to get as close to your goal of Water as you can.

What is mfp? I have the myfitnesspal I keep forgetting I even have it on my phone. .I don't think I'm even hitting 500 cal daily. I'm 3 wks out an down 35 pds. I'm proud of that..not exercising yet but active around house an errands so I do get walking in. About 3 in afternoon I start going down hill..get fatigue really bad..I've had chronic fatigue for 20 plus yrs...don't no if that will change..but my internists told me it would take 6 months to heal inside..major surgery. .so I'm not pushing. . Just trying to do my Protein at least 40 to 60 an vitamins..don't want no hair issues..thx for listening: )

What is mfp? I have the myfitnesspal I keep forgetting I even have it on my phone. .I don't think I'm even hitting 500 cal daily. I'm 3 wks out an down 35 pds. I'm proud of that..not exercising yet but active around house an errands so I do get walking in. About 3 in afternoon I start going down hill..get fatigue really bad..I've had chronic fatigue for 20 plus yrs...don't no if that will change..but my internists told me it would take 6 months to heal inside..major surgery. .so I'm not pushing. . Just trying to do my Protein at least 40 to 60 an vitamins..don't want no hair issues..thx for listening: )

Uuhh is that mfp the myfitnesspal? ? It just hit me! Lol