Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, tomorrow I am getting sleeved. I check in at 11am and surgery is at 1pm. I have so many emotions going on right now. I am nervous, excited, happy, anxious, etc. I am so ready for the next part of this journey. Today marks 10 days I have been on the liver reducing diet. I have had 5 Protein Shakes a day for 10 days! Believe me, it was hard the first 4 days, but I didn't give up or cheat! As if Sunday I was down 37lbs. I am excited to see what the scale says tomorrow. I began this journey in November and I thought this day would never come and here I am. This forum has helped me through the rough times and has helped me keep my spirits up. Thank you everyone! I will continue to update how everything goes tomorrow and when I return home. If anyone wants to chat or ask questions please feel free to. I love talking with everyone! ????

Tomorrow is my day also!! I have to check in at 5:30 am surgery is at 7:30......emotions are crazy right now! I was not required to do a pre op diet but I did eat smaller meals and did a few shakes for Meal Replacement. Keep in touch! Good luck!

I'm getting sleeved tomorrow! I have a 9 am arrival time! Good luck to everyone; are y'all as excited as I am?? :D

Mine is tomorrow too! Check in at 7:15 AM (yuck). Good luck to everyone!

How are you both feeling? My surgery is schedule for Monday, Aug. 4, 2014. Im a 40yr old male, weight is 290lbs. My goal is to get to 195lbs. Now that surgery is right around the corner, Im getting nervous. I know these forums are suppose to help but after reading some post-opt stories, Im not nervous as hell. LOL...Im doing the Protein shakes but not staying at 1000 calories per day before surgery. Thats really tough to do. Please let me know how you are doing.

How are you both feeling? My surgery is schedule for Monday, Aug. 4, 2014. Im a 40yr old male, weight is 290lbs. My goal is to get to 195lbs. Now that surgery is right around the corner, Im getting nervous. I know these forums are suppose to help but after reading some post-opt stories, Im not nervous as hell. LOL...Im doing the Protein shakes but not staying at 1000 calories per day before surgery. Thats really tough to do. Please let me know how you are doing.

I'm definitely anxious and I've had a few morbid thoughts. There are obviously things that can go wrong with the procedure, but my doctor had a good analogy. Driving on the highway to get to the hospital is just as dangerous as the surgery will be for me. I try to keep it all in perspective. The foods I was eating and life I was living was damaging my health and the surgery is putting the odds in my favor.

As far as the diet goes, it's been grueling and I have no energy (I went cold turkey on caffeine too, used to drink diet coke like a madman). I'm very thankful that it's only 3 days and I'm approaching the end of it. I've spent a lot of time napping and trying to find other things to pass the time so I wouldn't think about food.

Hang in there. It is perfectly normal to be nervous!

I have been a little anxious all day. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I am not sure how everyone else is feeling. I have had plenty of time to adjust to the liquids and the low number calories that i am taking in. Just counting down now.

My surgery is also tomorrow at Baylor Regional Medical Center in Plano, TX. My journey started in December of last year so I know what you mean about it's been a long time coming. i've dropped 40 lbs and I'm ready. i have to report to the hospital at 6:30 tomorrow morning for my 8:45 a.m. procedure. I'll probably be coming out of it as you're going in and I'll say a prayer for everyone having their surgeries before I go under.

Best of luck to everyone for a speedy, painless procedure and recovery.

See you all over at the Post Op forum soon.

Dallas

I am having my sleeve surgery tomorrow as well! 6a check-in for 8a surgery in Scottsdale, AZ. I have been freaking out a little these past couple of days... But re-reading forums and all the information continues to set my mind at ease. I know this is the right choice- it's just getting real! :-) Good luck everyone!

Good luck to everyone!! I don't think I will sleep tonight, way to anxious!

Checked in now, just waiting to go in for op! Very nervous!

Me too Brinana30! I was groggy and tired yesterday but am feeling great today! For those who haven't had surgery yet, my advice is to get up and walk as soon as you are allowed to do so. I felt tons better once I got up and moved!