Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally found a Protein that I could get down and keep it down and actually like! Yea! I am finally getting in all of my protein. I ate a whole poached egg for the first time this weekend without it making me sick! I was able to eat little less than a 1/2 cup for lunch Saturday and Sunday! This is an accomplishment......all I had been able to handle was a tablespoon at a time and I am seven weeks out??? I even ate an 1/2 of a chicken salad sandwich today and it did not make me sick........feeling so much better!!!

Edited by TEXASLADY52

You are eating bread? ? I was told to avoid it until I get to my ideal weight. The carbs will stall weight loss. And it's tough on your new tummy to handle.

I wasn't told not to eat bread.....just keep everything soft and chew chew chew right now. I only ate half of the bread.....have four legged friends that helped with the bread.....LOL Talked to the NUT Friday and she told me to work on getting 1/2 cup of food down. The main thing was the Protein and I am so glad to find one that works for me.

Good for you. Sounds as if you really enjoyed it. I ate some bread, chips, etc., during the real losing phase. I just kept my carbs low (<50 gr/day), but do recall having a sandwich (or half) most days for lunch.

Edited by Postop

Getting food in is the secret to recovery.

What kind of pretein are you using. It seems that lots of folks have an issue with finding one or two they can tolerate.

Glad you are feeling better!

Carol

I find Peanut Butter on melba toast (thin tiny cracker like toast) good for getting in that extra Protein.

I wasn't told not to eat bread.....just keep everything soft and chew chew chew right now. I only ate half of the bread.....have four legged friends that helped with the bread.....LOL Talked to the NUT Friday and she told me to work on getting 1/2 cup of food down. The main thing was the Protein and I am so glad to find one that works for me.

Barker's Nutritionist is not geared for the Duodenal Switch, she will give you recommendations for RnY which are not appropriate for you. You should join the face book group Lubbock Area Duodenal Switchers, LADS. We meet monthly but even better than that you'll have access to DS vets who can properly answer your questions.

bread is the number one reason for incisions splitting. And I was told by Kathy not to try bread for at least a year. I tried eating the end of a hot dog as an experiment, and chewed and chewed, as soon as I swallowed it my stomach told me immediately that it was a bad idea. Beyond that danger bread is empty carbs. If I want something starchy I'll have crackers with my tuna for example but sandwich bread and any kind of yeast dough is just not worth the risk.

Can you send me an invitation? I have looked once before and I cannot find it on Facebook

I went on a long stall so I completely quit eating any kind of wheat

My Facebook is Brenda Merritt Jarnagin

My Facebook is Victoria Newman Dingler

Brenda I added you to my Facebook, once you add me I can invite you to the group, but I'm not the admin. She will contact you for details regarding your surgery for official add. It's a closed group which is nice cause you can post whatever questions you have even the embarrassing ones and the whole of FB won't be looking at it!