Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 weeks out, 34 lbs down and better food

Monday I am 8 weeks post surgery lots of things have improved in my life

Weight loss 34 lbs (not as much as I would have liked)

Clothes hanging off me

lots of compliments I have lost 51lbs since April 18th

Eat just to live not live to eat!

Do get hungry but once I have eaten i am satisfied not looking around house for more food

Struggle with Water but I get to 64 oz

Like it now that I can chew food

Just incorporated brown bread, eggs and crackers into my diet!

Don't worry that I don't know what to eat or when to take supplements

Lab values are good

Can work a whole week and feel tired on a friday-I did have extreme fatigue for the first 2 weeks back at work

LOL thats great keep up the great work and I agree its a task to eat now I have to remind myself. I am still working on drinking all the Water requirements but I am almost there. Also have you notices how your tastebuds have changed, things things that I used to love I cant tolerate, anything with cheese in it hurts my stomach as well as pizza sauce, I stick mainly now to tuna fish and chicken only. My coworkers call me skinny now which is amazing, I look forward to getting down to 160, I have had two stalls since surgery but I know that as long as I am getting in my Protein I am doing well. I look forward to reading your updates.

Congrats on your accomplishments.. 34 pounds in 8 weeks is great. ..my philosophy is do the right thing and the weight loss will follow sooner or later.

Crackers? Really? I'm 8 weeks out as well, but I thought I had to wait until stage 5 for crackers. That is mid to late August.

I would like to have a cracker, for sure. I'm down about 39lbs, and am not at all disappointed.

I agree with your philosophy, Carlotta1. That is how I see it.

@QualTech

I think it totally varies based on your surgeon what you're allowed at each stage. Mine allowed crackers and crisply toasted bread after week three... actually Ritz crackers with cheese, or a little tuna salad on top of them were one of the only things I could tolerate for a week or two there.

How long did you take off from work everyone?

i started crackers and crisp toasts after wk 3 also. i took 4 wks off work. LOVED it.

i'm 5 wks out tomorrow and down 32 lbs. feeling great. SO much energy. i got EVERY thing done at work, each day this week. no carry over which i'm used to. just kept going and going! felt awesome.

I took four weeks off as well, just because of the physical demands of my job (ER nurse). I felt good enough to go back after 2 weeks, but had the lifting restriction.

I only took off 2 weeks but I could have went back to work in 1 week.

I have had a couple of stalls but thanks to this forum I was prepared and it was ok-I will try to get a photo later and post my current look

I haven't tried crackers yet but I did eat scrambled eggs on brown toast yesterday-it was ok but it wasn't as nice as i thought it would be

In fact nothing really tastes as good anymore-i just eat is because I have to

Congratulations! seems like you're on the right track to success!

I'm only 3 week out, my doctor gave me 5 weeks of recovery at home. Surgery date was 7 July and back at work on 18 August, Thank God!

I chose to do this in summer because ithere's less work, so it wouldn't be a burden to other colleagues. My office is cool about it, plus they will get the compensate money for my sick leave from Social Security.

@@madwife2002 that is me! Nothing tastes the same, and that's ok. I understand that will get better as we progress. Congratulations on your weight loss! That's fantastic!

I have had a couple of stalls but thanks to this forum I was prepared and it was ok-I will try to get a photo later and post my current look

I haven't tried crackers yet but I did eat scrambled eggs on brown toast yesterday-it was ok but it wasn't as nice as i thought it would be

In fact nothing really tastes as good anymore-i just eat is because I have to

I know how you feel... the other night as I was eating some broccoli and chicken with Protein cheese sauce over it, I realized that I was only eating it for the fuel, not because of the taste. That was a big revelation for me; I'm now "eating to live" rather than "living to eat". And that's how it should be!

I also am about 8 weeks out. It looks like our stats are pretty close. I only took a week off work. My company only gives out 3 sick days and I didnt want to use up all my vacation. I have an office job so it was ok. I really do not have any food restrictions at this point. I am supposed to try to do the 70% Protein and 30% vegetable for the first year. I have been eating some carbs like crackers and wheat bread occasionally.