Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bethparks 11 lbs is awesome. I hope I do as well as you are doing. I would like to lose 10 lbs before my surgery. Dr said the more I lose the better off I am since I first weighed in on Jan 1st I've only lost 15 lbs. But I did gain 6 lbs on vacation a couple of weeks ago. Thank god I lost that before my preopp visit yesterday. I'm sure my dr would not have been too happy with me.

I got my surgery date! August 22nd! Im super excited right now but I feel like Ive totally forgotten what Im supposed to be able to eat and drink before and after surgery! I plan on sitting down and reviewing everything tomorrow and then going shopping.

I dont have to go on a big pre surgery diet... its odd that so many of you do! And 3 weeks? yikes that sounds like hell. I have to do 2 days of nothing but liquids and then nothing past midnight the night before the surgery.

August 19th is my date. Going to be cooking and freezing food for my family since dad isn't domestic lol. Doubt I will feel like cooking three meals a day for a while so yep freezer it is. Laundry , cleaning, shopping so much to do but I'm so excited don't think I will notice.

August 26th here. I thought I posted before but now I don't see it.

Had surgery on Aug 6th! I had a really bad reaction to the anesthesia, so they had to keep me an extra day. It was really rough but the staff and my surgeon were so great and tried to keep me as comfortable as possible. Finally came home on the 9th once I could eat and drink without the IV and every day is getting better. Tired but making sure to get all my clear fluids. Been freezing Isopure into cubes and putting them in my crystal light as per my nutritionist's suggestion and it's working well. Onward and upward!

Good luck to all my fellow August Sleevers... Prayers for all. I'm scheduled for the 13th and I must say the 1st week of my 2 week pre op diet was truly a test.. No carbs, no sugars and I manage to stop drinking coffee. But I know I will be able to have a few amount of good carbs and maybe coffee again (it's the cream & sugar in the office that was doing me in). Anyway, I guess I will pull out my overnight bag :-). I won't know what time ta be at the hospital until they call me on Tuesday.. This has been one heck of a journey... The positive note is that with all the pre-op testing they didn't find any other major health issues (other than the ones I have now...HBP, sleep Apnea). I think the one thing that worries me is that I'm really anemic and hoping I don't have to have a transfusion. Oh well, at least I'll be in the hospital. I think I have a good start on the things I will need right away. I didn't want to go overboard on the Protein Shakes because I don't know if Ill even like the same flavors post surg. I don't like Jello, popcicles or pudding but I think I will pick up some SF versions today or tomorrow, just in case as I'll probably come to love them...lol Thank you all for all of the positive posts with info and experiences. Good to know we are definitely not alone!!

I should be sleeved in 48 hours, Lord's Willing!!!

I'm an August sleeve! My date is August 27... I start pre- op on August 13th... I am so ready for this journey ! Good luck to all the August sleevers!!!

13th here...second guessing myself after losing 18 lbs during pre op diet...

I hear you Troy, I'm going in on the 19th and so far I've lost over 10 lbs., so why go under the knife? But I've been here before, everytime I've tried to lose weight, I've been successful, how about you? It's not about losing the weight, it's about keeping it off, hopefully the sleeve will give us a tool to use to help us through our weaknesses. Best of luck, you will do it this time.

My surgery date is set for August 19th. I am on day six of my pre-op clear liquid diet. There is a list somewhere on here of what you will need at the hospital. I found that interesting. There are definitely things on there I would have never thought of like chapstick and gasx. I will get everything ready for surgery this coming week and weekend. A friend of mine is driving two hours to stay at my home and take care of the kiddos while I am at the hospital (with the Mr.) and my church has put up a sign up sheet for meals for my family for the week after surgery (they don't all know what surgery, just that I am having surgery). I have been cleaning non stop for the last week to get the house spick and span so I can come home to a relaxing environment (if that is even possible with a four year old and eight year old, lol!) How is everyone doing here?

My surgery date is set for August 19th. I am on day six of my pre-op clear liquid diet. There is a list somewhere on here of what you will need at the hospital. I found that interesting. There are definitely things on there I would have never thought of like chapstick and gasx. I will get everything ready for surgery this coming week and weekend. A friend of mine is driving two hours to stay at my home and take care of the kiddos while I am at the hospital (with the Mr.) and my church has put up a sign up sheet for meals for my family for the week after surgery (they don't all know what surgery, just that I am having surgery). I have been cleaning non stop for the last week to get the house ***** and span so I can come home to a relaxing environment (if that is even possible with a four year old and eight year old, lol!) How is everyone doing here?

Sounds like you're getting great support, same date for me and I'm doing the same, final preparations. I think it's great you're dealing with it at a young age, good for you and you won't regret it. Good luck and see you on the other side.

YAHOOOOOO!!!! I'M AUGUST 11TH!!!! .... AM Wondering has the August 11th group lost any weight!???

I did a whole revamp of my lifestyle since October. I've been able to lose 38lbs. I wasn't required to but I knew I needed to cut the shit out. I'm looking forward to this part of my journey!

My surgery is also tmrw at 730am!

Good luck :-)