Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wonder I feel large. Look at this picture taken yesterday at the beach. In 6'3" and 325lb. Everyone keeps telling my I carry my weight well. I'm calling BS! Ain't no way I can look like this and carry my weight well. Even my wife is behind me now on getting it done.

post-225244-0-45916700-1406273831_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm sure you do carry it well -- in clothes, on the street. But the beach doesn't lie, does it?

This decision is such a personal one. If you've educated yourself well -- or are about to do so here -- then you will figure out very soon if the post-sleeve life is one you're willing to commit to.

Best wishes.

Edited by VSGAnn2014

I have to tell you.. I love a dad who spends time making sand castles with his child...Whether you carry your weight well or not. Your health is the issue here and I think you have had enough of it..

Good for you for taking the plunge to improve yourself and the benefits it will bring to you and your family...That little one will benefit by your energy boost!

I applaud your spit to be so open on here..... :)

I'll tell you what I see in this picture - a man that is spending time with his young child. It's beautiful. Cherish your time you have with your family.

Now, close your eyes...Imagine you being able to run down the beach with your son. You can pick him up. You can play ball with him. All without getting tired or saying, "Dad has to rest a minute!" That will be you 6 months to a year after surgery.

I ran with my son last night - I can run just shy of a mile without stopping. I don't run fast and I may look funny, but hearing my son say he's proud of me for accomplishing that...PRICELESS!

I think this is going to be a wonderful before picture and think of how great it will be to compare it with an after picture with your son a little bigger and you a LOT smaller and healthier!

And yes, beach pictures are the WORST! :)

I see the biggest motivation of all setting next to you. Take this motivation and run with it, you will be a success story!!

I'm the same height and weight only older. Get it done now. People told me I didn't need wls either. Now I have diabetes , high blood pressure and cholesteral. I want to be around to spend more time with my grand kids, its no fun just watching them play. I have my psych eval on monday and surgical class 2 wks after that. I hope to have my rny in sept. Good luck to you.

Love yourself no matter what and enough to take care of your health and well being! Way to go!

So I am 5 months post op and down 90 lbs.......I also carried my weight well presurgery......trust me.....it's all worth it.....buying normal clothes and not giving your shirts the "stretch" when you put them on is priceless.being able to buy clothes that are the right length proportionate to your size is priceless.... One of the only mental hurdles I have been working to overcome is the "big guy" mentality.......those days are gone.....people will not naturally move aside for you....they won't be intimidated by your size anymore.....it's a guy thing....and certainly an adjustment.......but once you start to appreciate being "normal" and not having to worry about theater and airplane seats, etc.....it's soooo worth it.....

I'm the same height and weight only older. Get it done now. People told me I didn't need wls either. Now I have diabetes , high blood pressure and cholesteral. I want to be around to spend more time with my grand kids, its no fun just watching them play. I have my psych eval on monday and surgical class 2 wks after that. I hope to have my rny in sept. Good luck to you.

Here's to your September date, Moose!

I support you. But ultimately, it's othe peoples problem.I'm saggy but if other people have a problem, screw em There aee all kinda body types love

yourself

Congrats on your choice to be healthy and I agree with the above statements get healthy you deserve it and we are all hear for you so post away my friend .