Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scheduled for 8/13th finally. I will be checking in here regularly..

Congrats Missbaisah and Tobi50! Counting down the days myself..2 weeks from Today!!!!! OMG!!!

Roostertail You got it! I sure will check in as soon as I am able. starting to get a bit of butterflies now.

I received my date of August 26th yesterday. I'm excited to finally be getting this done. It's been a plan over five years in the making. I'm going to have the rny which ayer extensive research is the best option for me.

Good luck to everyone on their journey!

I sucked it up and had my hubby take my before pics. I thought id die of embaressment (I know he knows what I look like but I hate pointing out how fat I am) but he was great about it. My two y/o son even helped! He used my phone (while hubby used his own) and we played fashion show. Amazingly my son took great pics!

1 Week from today! Went to preop yesterday and got the tour, the diet instructions and kit. On the downhill slide from here! Good luck to each and every one of you. Please let us all know how you are doing. I will have my phone in the hospital but for some reason cant post from my phone - so I will post as soon as I get home and let you know how I am doing.

Roostertail2 I was on my phone earlier trying to figure out why I can not post. So I too will have to check in once I am home. I have my last visit with surgeon & addmissions On friday. I am so glad I kept some errands and appts. for this wk. to help keep me busy. I am like a child checking of the days on the calendar untll my birthday.. LOL It seems August 4th is moving in slowly.

My surgery is in 3 days!! I'm keeping busy canning tomatoes and pickles, picking blackberries for the freezer and things like that. Tomorrow is a fun day at the caverns with my 6 yr old Grandson and Thursday will be cleaning and canning more tomatoes! I am excited and have moments of nervousness and I am so ready to be on the "other side" of this!!!

God Bess everyone having surgery this week!

skylark best wishes to you as well. please let us know how you are doing when you can. I am with you, can't wait to be on the other side.

Thank you lovyak ! I will!

I was emailed my list of things to have done starting Friday, August 1st when I have to have an endoscopy, pulmonary function test and pre surgery class and I have to start pre op diet. On August 4th cardiac testing and clearance. August 5th I have sleep Study consult. August 11th I have pre op studies.. blood, chest xray and assessment, and I meet with Dr. I am having my surgery done August 15th!!!! It is also my birthday!

I have had to quit smoking on top of it all. This is the hardest part. She is allowing me to use the nicotine patch which is helpful.

I am also a smoker so I totally understand onmyway! Though I have to be totally nicotine free for surgery or my dr wont do it. He said Nicotine causes issues with healing AND smokers are more prone to leaks!! So, I am on day 2 smoke free. Think the head stuff is the hardest part - not really going through "withdrawals" so much as I am having to talk myself out of negotiating reasons that I could smoke for another day or two if I wanted because nicotine is undetectable in urin after 4 days...LOL I am having surgery on the 5th and I really waited until last minute to stop smoking even though it would have been best to quite at least 2 weeks prior. SO I am disappointed that I didnt start last week. I finally had to tell myself that if I cant give up smoking how the heck do I plan on sticking to a healthier lifestylel?? I am going to do what I need to do!

I was emailed my list of things to have done starting Friday, August 1st when I have to have an endoscopy, pulmonary function test and pre surgery class and I have to start pre op diet. On August 4th cardiac testing and clearance. August 5th I have sleep Study consult. August 11th I have pre op studies.. blood, chest xray and assessment, and I meet with Dr. I am having my surgery done August 15th!!!! It is also my birthday!

I have had to quit smoking on top of it all. This is the hardest part. She is allowing me to use the nicotine patch which is helpful.

I am scheduled for August 11th. I am ready to go, I have had enough of this diabetes crap. Skylark, I am also in Virginia. I am near Warrenton, not too far from the valley. Good luck everyone, keep posting!

Edited by draytonp

I'm scheduled for August 6th! Very excited. First day of liquid diet (1 week instead of 2) and last day of work before surgery.

My surgery is August 12th stared my liquid diet on Sunday, just can't wait to get this done.

Edited by cbk