Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so went for my fill today and was not happy with the scales...no where near green and no where near a weight loss that I like...but am told it will get better and remember it is a loss...so funny I used to hear this same thing at WW!!! Just frustrated folks, sorry!!! UGHHHHHHHH!!! Only thing good about the weight loss is I'm under 100 lbs to lose...LOL!

Edited by Mikee57

Keep it up. I felt that way in the beginning. It took me a year to get into the green zone. Down almost 80 and couldn't be happier.

thank you skinnyhereicome!!! they keep telling me that (it can take awhile to get the green zone and start losing) and I get so upset with myself! so thanks for letting me know that...I see you had ur surgery last January (2013)...so nice to know that maybe by next January I will be down a good amount!! thanks again.

I actually gained and lost in the first three months, so I understand your frustration. Just wanted to share with you that what you said (a year from now) things and (I ) will be different and smaller. As long as you know you are on the right track and working with your band, you will get there! Cheer up kiddo!

Most of us didn't gain the weight in just a few months so we shouldn't expect to lose it in just a few months. Over the course of 20 months I've lost 120 lbs. I lost more in the beginning and am now whittling down those last 20 lbs. But all those 3, 2, 4 lbs losses added up to that 120. Even the month I only lost 1 lb was still a loss. Just stick with it. It will all add up.

Most of us didn't gain the weight in just a few months so we shouldn't expect to lose it in just a few months. Over the course of 20 months I've lost 120 lbs. I lost more in the beginning and am now whittling down those last 20 lbs. But all those 3, 2, 4 lbs losses added up to that 120. Even the month I only lost 1 lb was still a loss. Just stick with it. It will all add up.

Yep, what she said. I definitely had months where I lost one or no pounds. In time, it does come off. Continued success.

@@Mikee57 your doing great my friend! We always want to push ourselves harder and lose faster, but just know that all the weight you have lost this time unlike WW you will be able to keep it off and not gain it back. The scales are moving in the right direction and as they all said above the numbers do add up in the right kind of way!!

It took me a little over a year now to get into that green zone, and I just have a tip toe in there. I don't want to be too tight that I can't enjoy life, but have enough restriction that I am able to activate my band with solid foods and feel satisfied.

You have so much going on, and your doing amazing!

Thx so much ladies for your comments they are helping me to feel a lot better today. A bit tired, but am going to continue to fight the fight thanks again-just need to get a pep talk...bless yall!!!

Hey there, you are doing beautifully! Say thank you to yourself -- you are doing it. 44 pounds is great and you are committed to your health. Big changes are happening but sometimes it's hard for us to see them when we are too close. Be gentle with yourself, Celebrate the successes and give it all time. Best wishes!

Thanks Bandista you can always make me smile!!!

Mikee, you're doing wonderful!! There will be ups and downs but the important thing is to keep going and not let those downs keep you down. You're doing great...keep going and and a year so down the road you will look back and be reading this through the eyes of a smaller framed person.

One of the biggest challenges in all of this is learning the process. Learning the new life then comes the Second biggest challenge which is time. Time in which to let the process work...

best wishes..

@@Mikee57 your doing great my friend! We always want to push ourselves harder and lose faster, but just know that all the weight you have lost this time unlike WW you will be able to keep it off and not gain it back. The scales are moving in the right direction and as they all said above the numbers do add up in the right kind of way!! It took me a little over a year now to get into that green zone, and I just have a tip toe in there. I don't want to be too tight that I can't enjoy life, but have enough restriction that I am able to activate my band with solid foods and feel satisfied. You have so much going on, and your doing amazing!

right on! It took me 18 months to just start getting into the green zone, I thought it would never happen! Yes, I get very frustrated because my weight loss has been slow but I'm going to be a little more patient. Hopefully, I'll start losing more weight now that I'm in the green zone.