Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hit a stall 3 wks out. GRRRRR!

I'm so frustrated. I'm 3 weeks post op today and last weekend I gained almost 1.5 lbs and this week only went down 2.5 lbs. how is this happening so fast? I feel discouraged like this was a waste right now. I'm trying to stay positive but it's really hard at this point. I don't know what to do...

Every stall is frustrating no matter how far out you are. We all fear this surgery (doesn't matter which one) won't work for us.. We all fear we will fail.. I know I will have stalls some will be a couple days and some will be weeks even months. It is scary and frustrating to not see the scale move but if you are following your program and moving your body it will eventually start to move.. I hold my breathe every morning when I get on the scale knowing it could be the same or down or even up. I have to weigh every day for me it motivates me no matter what it says to either keep doing what I'm doing or shake things up. I have been a successful lapband story and now I am on track to be a successful rny story. For me success is getting to a healthy weight. What that number is really doesn't matter as much as how I feel at that number. Good luck to everyone and know that everyone will have this happen to them. You are NOT alone and you will lose again :)

You're not alone! Seems they should call it the DREADED 3 week Stall.. I think the first weight fell off so fast we didn't want it to stop!.. Good Luck!

So glad to see all the posts. I'm 3 weeks and thought I was doing something wrong. I track everything and get all my Protein and Water. And I'm walking. Good to know I'm not alone.

I gained 8 pounds during my stall at 3 weeks. Couldn't tell you where it came from. Luckily I have lost it and few pounds on top of it. Feels good to be losing again.

Wow. I thought it was just me and something I was doing. I was sleeved on June 27th, 2014. This stall is really getting to me especially since I am having such a hard time finding things that I like to eat. I am going to pick up the pace and start some step aerobics to see if that helps.

I was sleeved July 9th and I seem to be at a stand still with the weight loss..

I eat what I'm suppose to and I walk 2 miles a day in about 35 minutes.. According to My Fitness Pal once I put all the info in there I'm only getting about 250-300 calories a day.. My husband thinks I'm not eating enough.. I am on soft foods now.. Drinking Protein Shakes too.. I wonder if my body thinks I am starving it.. Any thoughts?

Hi Navymom6,

I am having the same problem. Your husband may be right. I did manage to get in a few more calories this past weekend and drops 2 pounds when I had got on the scale Monday morning. I read in this book that our metabolism could slow down to adjust to the decrease in calories that we are taking in. It a survival technique for the body to survive.

I agree with you.. I dropped 3 pounds since July 22nd.. Before that I didn't drop anything.. I added more calories.. My Nutritionist said yesterday to add more soft meats and try to drink less Protein shakes.. The liquid goes right through the sleeve.. She said also to add more beans..

Good Luck!

well, here i am again, the OP of this thread...seems that i am back in a stall again...i ate a little more calories than i should have a few days ago. co-workers brought in 'snacks' and i had a few, and i think that did it. i was nicely but SLOWLY making some progress and now i'm up again.

could just be the sodium from the snack-y foods and could also be the fact that i restarted the Pill...i'm frustrated. 1 lb to ONE-derland and i'm still sitting here. i'm 5 wks out yesterday. seeing the surgeon next friday i REALLY want to be in the mid 190s by then.

ramping up exercise again today, going to PUSH fluids like crazy. 6am right now in my neck of the woods, going to sign off so i can get some fluids going, and off to start my day...

I am encouraged to find that I am not alone in the stall! Like all of you. I am obsessed with the scale; fastidious about recording my food intake and working on the Water. Though I thought I had a good education about the surgery, I really wasn't totally informed about the discomfort that one could experience at one month post-surgery. I long to feel normal again.

You're not alone! Seems they should call it the DREADED 3 week Stall.. I think the first weight fell off so fast we didn't want it to stop!.. Good Luck!

LOL!

That's exactly what "they" do call it: the dreaded three week stall.

You can google it: dreaded three week stall

You can also use this board's search function to find posts about the dreaded three week stall.

People have been doing WLS a long time. Eventually, most of us all discover the same things.

I am encouraged to find that I am not alone in the stall! Like all of you. I am obsessed with the scale; fastidious about recording my food intake and working on the Water. Though I thought I had a good education about the surgery, I really wasn't totally informed about the discomfort that one could experience at one month post-surgery. I long to feel normal again.

I was obsessed with scale and I paid the price during my week 3 stall. I got really upset. Finally when it broke 2 weeks later I lost 13 pounds in 3 days. Anyway, back to the scale thing. Put the scale away, it is your enemy. You will lose inches during your stall if you are exercising like you are told too. I dropped from a 26 to an 18/20 in 3 weeks. My bra size went from a 46c to a 42b in 3 weeks. I am currently only losing about 3 pounds per week, but my clothes are getting bigger and bigger. I almost have nothing to wear. The next time I am getting on a scale is next week when I go see the gyno for my exam. Then on the 20th when I go see my surgeon. However, I am hoping that I will have lost 65 pounds by September 10th when I go see my psychiatrist. He hasn't seen me since before my surgery which was June 25th. He will be shocked. Hope everyone is having a good recovery!!!

I am so glad to read these posts. I am on day 7 of the STALL and like so many of you have said...it is very frustrating and discouraging. I know that I did not gain the weight quickly, but still I had hoped to see a few pounds off every week.

Again I am reminded that though this is a permanent tool to help us, it is still a diet. And on every diet I have ever been on, I have hit a plateau. Keep posting , it does help to read others issues!

I'm also frustrated but I see that I'm not alone in the stall syndrome. I will take some information and apply to my eating and see if the stall is go away. I'm glad that I'm not alone in this.

Keep moving everyone! :)

hey everyone, hang in there! I am the OP of this thread and now almost 10 wks post op and scale has steadily been moving downward! sometimes a little slower than others, but over all doing great!

keep up your activity and it WILL start to come off again! good luck!