Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Willing to mentor

Suepon1 you are an inspiration to all of us :).....thank you!! I too, could use a mentor...sleeved in June of 2012 at 230 pounds, now at 160...my diet is totally out of control, I start my mornings good with oatmeal and a scoop of whey protein... And then bam, by 11 I am hungry and my appetite seems never ending...could you possibly give me an example day of your eating schedule? Greatly appreciated...

I'm very interested in support, I just started this journey and don't really have many people to rely on. My fiancé and aunt are the only people who know because I just feel that it is very personal and I don't want anyone judging me when I'm trying to better myself.

My name is Diana and I'm in Atlanta just had the surgery last week and actually more scared now than before the surgery. It seems allot of us are having issues about eating and so forth. My hard thing is I hate milk and the Protein Shakes get harder every day to even try to get in any of them. But my main problem so far is I'm a week out and still have not had a bowel movement that worries me allot. Just allot of gas.

I hope you live in California, that would be great because I am looking for a mentor. IF you could help that would be great. Thanks!

Am 7 years post op, and have lost 170 pounds and have successfully kept the weight off. If you are in need of support, I am very knowledgable and willing to be a help to people who are struggling or have health questions.

Hi Sue. Thanks for offering to mentor. I have read the comments you have given to others and you seem to be someone who puts a lot of thought into your answers and are very knowledgeable.

I am due for surgery in about 3 weeks. I don't feel like I have questions for you right now but if you are willing to swap email addresses, I would love to add you to my support network.

Am 7 years post op, and have lost 170 pounds and have successfully kept the weight off. If you are in need of support, I am very knowledgable and willing to be a help to people who are struggling or have health questions.

Hi I am Diana and I have not been able to consume any of the Protein Drinks or anything. Also I am 58 days it of surgery I have been able to add kale and Beans to my diet with no problems. But still worried. I even feel funny eating it scares me that eating(even though I'm following what my doctor says is ok) I'm gonna gain bank the 25 lbs I have lost. My doctor tells me I am eating enough Protein that I fine without the shakes but still worried.

Also exercise so far all I have been told to do is walk when can I start doing more than that.

Hi, i would be extremely greatful fo a mentor. I had surgery on 7/1 and have lost 60 lbs but i feel it creeping back. I have no support and would love some.

Any time you want to talk just private message me and I will give you my phone number to talk easier if you like. I am Diana and had my surgery on 9/30 and am doing ok but refuse to keep strong on a scale but once a month when I go to the doctor. Last month when I went I had lost 22lbs but have not weighed in about a month And want weigh until 12/31 So hopefully I can see big changes. Right now I'm just watching clothing get bigger. That is fun. But do have werid feelings that I really don't know how to describe

Hi Sue,

My name is Wendy and I live in northeastern Massachusetts. I am 44 years old and weigh 322 pounds. I have nearly completed all the required tests, and need to do two support groups and one more dietician visit before I see the surgeon. I have to lose 16 pounds. Will you be my mentor/friend?

Wendy

Sure I will. You will love it after surgery and about 4 months after it when things start to level out from surgery. It is hard at first and you may feel sick for a while after surgery but it does get better

Also the best thing someone told me if how to think about your stomach after surgery is that it is like a babies stomach and can't put nothing in it really and don't shake it up or it will come back up

Suepon I wish there was more people like you. I haven't had the gb yet or even been given a date. I just moved in apts that has a fitness center. Lol my kids finally got talked me into going there because they wanted to use the machines. I don't like gyms because I feel like everyone is looking at me. Well I found out that the fitness center is open 24/7. So my plan is go when nobody is there. Also to use each machine for 5 minutes and then go to the next till I can build up to more time. I even put myself on a 1100 calorie diet in which I drink Protein Shake daily. Just hope I can stick to it. Enough about me. Tell us about you and your weightloss journey...

Well before surgery I had a real hard time walking my knees I have arthritis in them. So that was a big reason for me wanting the surgery. I was 258 pounds when I first went to surgery and just 3 1/2 months I am down to 198 and still losing without doing any exercise at all really I walk sometimes but not as often as I should. Right now I am going to get me a stationary bike to use and my best friend who lives with me I have told to make sure I do 15 minutes every day and he will. After surgery I will earn you there is allot of pain and it is really hard honestly to get food in your system. My doctor gave us what they call the bariatric bible that gives great details in what and when to eat and drink and it helps allot. But I wasn't able to eat as much as it said or else I got sick. I still don't eat what they say I should be able to eat but they say I am doing good so I am happy as long as I feel better and still losing weight.

I had the same problem with getting so upset about not being an actual date but it took me almost 7 months and allot of doctor appoints before they gave me one.

Any questions or just want to talk you can hit me up any time. I've had some issues since surgery but getting allot better now if you want to talk about what I felt after surgery or just being discouraged it just need a friend to talk to.

By the way my name is Diana My number is (706) 659-5523 if you want to text me cause for some reason this website seems not to come through as far as I need some time or others.

I never mind texting sometimes I can't talk cause of work but I can usually always at anytime text